Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | HamTestOnline Help

Reviews Summary for HamTestOnline
HamTestOnline Reviews: 582 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $24.95
Description:
  • Technician: $24.95
  • General: $29.95
  • Extra: $34.95

Web-based training for the ham radio written exams.

• Quick, easy way to learn.
  • Better than random practice tests.
  • Provides additional information.
  • Presents concepts in logical order.
  • Tracks your progress on each question.
  • Focuses on your weak areas with “intelligent repetition”
  • Better than books — question drill keeps you engaged.
  • Web-based system — study when you want, at your own pace.
  • 100% guaranteed — you pass the exam or get your money back.
  • Free trial includes 50 questions from each exam.
  • Product is in production.
    More info: http://www.hamtestonline.com/

You can write your own review of the HamTestOnline.

KG5ISB Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2016 16:03 Send this review to a friend
    Very good stude   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
    I used ham test online and got all three with in one year including my extra class license.It made it learn at home and on my on time.I would recommend this to any one that wants to study for there ham license. Thank you very mush Huey kg5isb

KE0JTA Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2016 11:20 Send this review to a friend
    Great Study Tool  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    Found HamTestOnline through web search while looking for an aide to studying for Ham license. I signed up and took each level one at a time and then tested. I went from beginner to Amateur Extra in three months.

KG5ABO Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2016 19:46 Send this review to a friend
    Great Resource  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I first heard of HamTestOnline after buying an Extra Class study guide. I wanted to take the exam before the new question pool went into effect, but was dreading using the study guide. I decided to give HamTestOnline a try and was immediately hooked. The training material is presented in a way that is easy to understand and includes links to other web sites, especially Wikipedia, for additional information. Much of the basic electronics was a refresher for material I learned in Navy Avionics schools and haven't had to use in decades. No matter what the training material is, HamTestOnline will give you additional training on your weak areas. I spent a few weeks studying and passed the Extra exam on the first try, missing 1 question.

K8JLW Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2016 17:44 Send this review to a friend
    Best way to prepare!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I used Ham Test Online for Tech, General and Extra. It was very easy to prepare and study, and I could use my pc, iPhone and iPad. The way it kept track of progress worked very well. I can't imagine any other product working as well or being as easy. Don't let the cost keep you from using this product. It was worth every cent. I actually used the study mode to build up my score instead of just taking exams, so this helps you to actually learn material.

KK6KKK Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2016 16:34 Send this review to a friend
    Excellent Resource  Time owned: more than 12 months
    I used this service for General and Extra. I believe it saved me a lot of time, was easy to use, portable (I used an iPad), and gave me the confidence to know I was ready.

I HIGHLY recommend this product/service.

GREGWTH7MMMAG Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2016 16:52 Send this review to a friend
    Great way to study  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    My father used this site to study for his tests, and passed all three in one sitting. After being a general for a few years, I finally got the itch to upgrade. It was coming up for the new extra test questions to come out, so I did a massive cram, for 9 days, using hamtestonline for the extra test. When it came time to take the test, I passed solidly. It doesn't just help you remember the answers, it also teaches you how things work. I actually learned a few things from it. I recommend it to anyone thinking of taking any ham test.

KD0PWN

KD4IZ Rating: 4/5 Aug 13, 2016 09:02 Send this review to a friend
    Was a big help.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    After 35 years of relatively little activity on the bands, I decided to take the extra exam. It wasn't difficult to get back into theory and general knowledge.The HamTestOnline material made it much less challenging than I expected. The review material is well organized and cuts to the chase. The priority algorithm they use to focus the students review on missed example questions was a real plus. I used their web study guide for two weeks every day for an hour or two and took the exam at the first opportunity this AM.
    My one "complaint" about the program was that I had one annoying issue working through the study questions using Safari on an iPad; sometimes when I touch selected an answer, I was taken to a blank page and had to use the backup function to return to the question select the correct answer again. - It is the only reason I did not score it as great.
    I was pleasantly surprised to find that I earned a perfect score on the exam. I highly recommend this course of study.

KE8DWQ Rating: 5/5 Aug 9, 2016 09:21 Send this review to a friend
    Great exam prep website!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
    I used HamTestOnline to successfully prepare for Technician, General and Extra exams. Thanks to this excellent product, I was able to pass each exam on the first attempt within several months. The online study lessons are comprehensive, and the practice exams accurately match the test question pool. You can adjust the study and test parameters to drill on problem subject areas. Plus, after you logout of each session, HamTestOnline remembers exactly where you left off. By the way, a subscription lasts 2 years so there is a lot of time to use the product before it expires. In addition, recently the Extra exam question pool changed, and HamTestOnline was perfectly in sync. Finally, you can see how your study question and practice exam scores rank with other users as motivation. HamTestOnline makes getting your Ham tickets easy, and I highly recommend it for any license level!

AG6ZE Rating: 5/5 Aug 5, 2016 10:57 Send this review to a friend
    Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
    I used HamTestOnline and passed all three tests up to Extra in a single exam sitting. It is a wonderful resource. I recommend pairing the service with other study resources and reference materials to gain greater insight into the materials being tested. The ability to take practice exams makes all the difference, and makes you confident on the day of the test. Also, the software reinforces your weak areas by repeating missed questions more often.

I then proceeded to FCCTESTONLINE, following the same method: study reference materials and practice the questions. I passed Elements 1, 3 and 8 (RADAR) on the first try, for the commercial General Radiotelephone Operator License with RADAR endorsement. Although the FCCTESTONLINE service currently lacks the explanations and commentary that are available on HAMTESTONLINE, it is nevertheless an invaluable resource. Now, on to GMDSS Operator/Maintainer license, elements 7 and 9. Highly, highly recommended.

N4OYT Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2016 14:31 Send this review to a friend
    wundermus  Time owned: months
    three days of study(retired)worked well for me...
    took many practice tests,,lowest score a 94%..had to wait two weeks for exam session...missed only
    one question...had been out of study mode for 30 yrs. but Han test online brought me right up to date and speed in short order..I highly recommend
    it to all!