Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | HamTestOnline Help

Reviews Summary for HamTestOnline
HamTestOnline Reviews: 571 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $24.95
Description:
  • Technician: $24.95
  • General: $29.95
  • Extra: $34.95

Web-based training for the ham radio written exams.

• Quick, easy way to learn.
  • Better than random practice tests.
  • Provides additional information.
  • Presents concepts in logical order.
  • Tracks your progress on each question.
  • Focuses on your weak areas with “intelligent repetition”
  • Better than books — question drill keeps you engaged.
  • Web-based system — study when you want, at your own pace.
  • 100% guaranteed — you pass the exam or get your money back.
  • Free trial includes 50 questions from each exam.
  • Product is in production.
    More info: http://www.hamtestonline.com/

You can write your own review of the HamTestOnline.

K5EDD Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2016 10:22 Send this review to a friend
    Got my Extra  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    It works!
    Thanks to Ham-Test online I am now an Extra Class.
    I have held the Advanced Class for about 40 years and had no need or intention to upgrade. I am a Volunteer Examiner with local club and can give the Tech and General test. One of the other V.E.'s told me about Ham-Test online offering free subscription for V.E.'s to upgrade to Extra Class. Well with no Cost Comes No Excuse and we could always use another Extra Class V.E.
    When I first started I thought wow things sure have changed in 40 years but little by little I started getting more and more correct till I felt like I was ready. It Works guys, takes a little effort but any thing worth having does. Passed my Extra Class last night 7/12/16, 40 years in the making. 14 days of on off studding to pass.

Ed/ K5EDD

K2DEG Rating: 5/5 Jul 14, 2016 13:15 Send this review to a friend
    Superb interactive softtware for the beginner or to upgrade   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
    I highly recommend HamTestOnline to anyone looking to get their first license or upgrade to a higher one. The program is a great tool to use for the beginner or one looking to upgrade to a higher liscense and is very interactive. The course emphasizes learning the material rather than just memorizing the answers. The software is constantly going over your weak areas by reasking the questions you are missing and gives you study references at the same time. There is lots of repetition to reinforce the learning process. I hit the computer in 30 minutes sessions once or twice a day and was able to up grade to Extra class on one attempt after being stuck as an advanced for more than 50 years. HamTestOnline is an excellent learning tool and if you put in the time you will absolutely pass the exam. This is the best program I have found to advance through the ranks of amateur radio and would recommend it without reservation.

KB7AVB Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2016 14:07 Send this review to a friend
    Passed Extra  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I always wanted to upgrade my license and have been putting it off. I came across HamTestOnline and gave it a shot. 137 hours later I took the Extra exam and passed with a 96%. I definitely recommend HamTestOnline to all. Thanks again.

KH6TDM Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2016 11:21 Send this review to a friend
    Excellent exam prep  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    Thanks to Ham Test On Line I took and passed my Extra Class exam on June 15.
    I studied about 35 hours. This was $25.00 well spent. Thanks again.

Terry, KH6TDM

WB4WZK Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2016 21:41 Send this review to a friend
    Passed with study material  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I studied for about a month, sometimes twice a day. I still lacked 20 percent of the study material when my test date arrived. Took the Extra Test and only missed 8 of which 3 were a pure guess, most likely in the material I did not get to study. This course gave me the knowledge and confidence I needed to pass the test I spent two or three decades wishing for.

I would recommend this to anyone looking to get or upgrade their license.

73s Rf

W4RFA Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2016 09:06 Send this review to a friend
    I Passed Extra!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    This was the best study method I have ever come across. I passed my extra (FIRST TIME) using this method in just under a month of studying. Studied maybe on average of 1-2 hrs per day. Much better than trying to memorize a boring book! It helps you understand and work out formulas that make them a lot easier to remember. It also keeps reviewing your weaker points. Can't say enough about this product.

KF5OPQ Rating: 5/5 Jun 26, 2016 22:35 Send this review to a friend
    Outstanding Product!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
    I would highly recommend HamTestOnline to any person who is wanting to obtain or to update their Ham license. The program is structured in such a way as to make you "learn" the material rather than just memorize the answers. Frequent repetition of your weak areas makes learning easier. You never known when one of your previously missed questions will pop up! I studied two times per day for about 30 minutes each time. Just before bed I reviewed what I had learned using the Gordon West book. I went to the Irving, Texas Hamcom in early June 2016 and I took and passed the Amateur Extra with flying colors. HamTestOnline is a wonderful way to learn because it is like having a tutor there with you every step of the way. If you are willing to commit your time to the program you WILL pass your exam! I highly recommend this program.

KF7WKR Rating: 5/5 Jun 19, 2016 11:00 Send this review to a friend
    Aced the test!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I have used several study methods to prepare for the Extra exam and found that, for me, HamTestOnline worked the best. I went through the "Study" section with occasional practice tests. I learned the material very quickly because of the interactive aspect; a wrong answer gave immediate feedback. Repetitive testing during the study session also reinforced my knowledge in weak areas. I took the Extra exam yesterday and scored 100%. I highly recommend this program.

KC9LOO Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2016 18:48 Send this review to a friend
    Just Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I always wanted to take the final step and become an Extra Class. I have a friend that suggested this program to me, and after playing with it for a little while. I decided this was way better than a paper book. I was ready after just about 30 hours of study, but my son wanted to take his Tech. test, and he wasn't quite ready, so I stayed in study mode until he was ready and we both went and we both passed.
    The way this program drills the questions you have the most problems with is just incredible.
    Everyone else has already said about all you can say. It is just fantastic.

W5AAZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 14, 2016 17:45 Send this review to a friend
    More than I could have hoped for  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
    The people at HamTestOnline have created a powerful and effective learning tool for those preparing to take the FCC license exams. I have now used all three levels of their courses — Technician, General and Extra — and passed all three.

I am a former symphony violinist and have been a pastor for the last 35 years. My education, aptitude and life experience did not equip me for understanding electronics, radio waves or mathematical complexities. That should be adequate evidence that HamTestOnline.Com combined with one’s hard work, intense focus, and major commitment can help almost anyone achieve their goals in the area of ham radio licensing.

HamTestOnline's approach to learning gives incremental and sequential pieces of information that build on one another and are integrated into a comprehensive and coherent whole. Their website is so interactive that it's able to detect what I learned, what I was struggling to learn, and to provide just the right amount of remedial education.

When I was first studying for the Technician exam
    someone told me at a ham club meeting that the Extra exam would "kick your b***". HamTestOnline gave me the confidence to go all the way.