Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | HamTestOnline Help

Reviews Summary for HamTestOnline
HamTestOnline Reviews: 650 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $24.95
Description:
  • Technician: $24.95
  • General: $29.95
  • Extra: $34.95

Web-based training for the ham radio written exams.

• Quick, easy way to learn.
  • Better than random practice tests.
  • Provides additional information.
  • Presents concepts in logical order.
  • Tracks your progress on each question.
  • Focuses on your weak areas with “intelligent repetition”
  • Better than books — question drill keeps you engaged.
  • Web-based system — study when you want, at your own pace.
  • 100% guaranteed — you pass the exam or get your money back.
  • Free trial includes 50 questions from each exam.
  • Product is in production.
    More info: http://www.hamtestonline.com/

You can write your own review of the HamTestOnline.

N9YBK Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2017 06:25 Send this review to a friend
    Excellent product and service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    After spend money on other apps, books and such. I stumbled across this site and thought why not give it a try, they offer a great refund policy.

14 hours of study, and less than 2 weeks of study, I took my General exam and passed missing on 4 questions.

To say I am impressed with this service, is taking it very lightly, I cant say enough about how helpful this service was.

I purchased the Extra exam study version now and also purchased the Tech version for my 14 year old daughter so she can begin her studies.

Thank you so much for making this available.

N0TES Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2017 15:22 Send this review to a friend
    100%  Time owned: more than 12 months
    100% of the people I have referred to HamTestOnline have passed their exams on the first try! Seeing truly is believing!

N6FRD Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2017 10:06 Send this review to a friend
    Passed both Technician and General exams  Time owned: more than 12 months
    After reading Gordon West's two excellent prep guides for Technician and General, I used HamTestOnline exclusively and regularly for a month to pass both exams. I loved that when I missed a question, not only would it tell me the right answer, it would tell if I was confusing an answer with another question. That was very very helpful. I'm planning to start studying for the Extra Class using the same process and am confident I'll pass with these two wonderful study aids.

KN4AGP Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2017 18:47 Send this review to a friend
    3 up, 3 down  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
    Purchased Tech. study guide and used for a couple of weeks and, actually, purchased general study guide just before taking Tech. exam. Passed easily. Took General exam a few weeks later and passed again. Got on air a couple of months and decided to try for Extra. Tested about three weeks later after studying an hour or so each night and passed the Extra with a score in the high 90's. No previous radio or electronics experience or knowledge. Three up, three down. Recommended the course to a Tech. friend who used it to pass, both, the General and Extra so, really it was five up, five down. Honestly do not think I could have pursued a hobby in ham radio without "ham test online. Support has, also, been very personal and helpful. I cannot possibly imagine a more effective means of preparing for any of the ham radio exams. You will not regret purchasing. I certainly don't, money well spent.

KD2BVT Rating: 5/5 Jun 25, 2017 19:22 Send this review to a friend
    Great value!  Time owned: more than 12 months
    Purchased last year. Started studying, but lost interest in upgrading. Got the bug again this spring. Hit it hard for 2 weeks, got a 92% on first try at extra. Money well spent.

K5YNC Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2017 03:37 Send this review to a friend
    Great Study Method  Time owned: more than 12 months
    I used Ham Test Online as an additional study tool, along with the ARRL Ham Test Study Guides. HamTestOnline's proprietary algorithm helped me to focus and work on my weak areas. I highly recommend HamTestOnline.

K3IVN Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2017 17:41 Send this review to a friend
    Excellent Ham Test Prep   Time owned: more than 12 months
    I used this to study for all three ham tests. I passed all three on the first try. I earned 100% on tech, 95% on General and 90% on Extra.

The study materials were easy to use and provided sufficient tutorials to be helpful without inundating me with extraneous information.

The only reason I scored slightly lower on each successive exam was that I changed my threshold for success. In tech, I was all about "acing" the exam. In General and Extra, I was only focusing on passing the exams, as I finally figured that I earn the same license whether I get 100% or 75%.

I would highly recommend this product to others who are preparing to sit for the various ham licenses.

Cheers,
    Scott (K3IVN)

K9GVT Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2017 08:48 Send this review to a friend
    Great study method  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
    I tried a few years ago to study on my own and quickly gave up. This time I was able to stay focused and easily learn the material. I may just try for extra.

K7AHS Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2017 12:40 Send this review to a friend
    Makes passing easy  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
    I started out studying on my own using free materials online. Although the questions are available along with practice exams on many sites, I soon realized I wanted a more guided approach. HamTestOnline is much more than a practice test. It guides you through the material providing explanatory material in easy to understand chunks along the way. It tracks your right and wrong answers as you study, repeating questions you missed and not wasting your time with the ones you clearly answer successfully. Over the course of a few months I studied 30-40 minutes 3-4 times a week. I passed the Technician and General in the same sitting. I studied a few more weeks on and off and then passed the Extra exam the first time as well. I think many people pass with even less study time than I took, but the way the course is structured you can study at the pace that works for you and have confidence that when it tells you that you are ready to take the test, you will pass. Definitely worth the modest amount of money involved - not much more than a full set of books when you think about it. Highly recommended.

KY5G Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2017 01:44 Send this review to a friend
    Just write the check!  Time owned: more than 12 months
    I found "hamtestonline.com" while looking for materials to assist me in not only passing all three tests, but also master the material behind the questions. I settled on the ARRL Study guides AND HAMTESTONLINE.COM for drill and identifying week spots.

In spite of the gallbladder attack I was undergoing during and following the 3 hr drive to the testing site, the exams were anti-climactic. I'd answer a question, walk around the room, stick my head out the door to be sick, and then stand at my spot and answer another.

I was so well-prepared by using HTO, that I still maxed Tech and General in about 35 minutes tops, including the time spent grading the exam.

About a month later and a week in the hospital, I took and aced the Extra exam.

Seriously... best online tools available bar none.