Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | HamTestOnline Help

Reviews Summary for HamTestOnline
HamTestOnline Reviews: 607 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $24.95
Description:
  • Technician: $24.95
  • General: $29.95
  • Extra: $34.95

Web-based training for the ham radio written exams.

• Quick, easy way to learn.
  • Better than random practice tests.
  • Provides additional information.
  • Presents concepts in logical order.
  • Tracks your progress on each question.
  • Focuses on your weak areas with “intelligent repetition”
  • Better than books — question drill keeps you engaged.
  • Web-based system — study when you want, at your own pace.
  • 100% guaranteed — you pass the exam or get your money back.
  • Free trial includes 50 questions from each exam.
  • Product is in production.
    More info: http://www.hamtestonline.com/

You can write your own review of the HamTestOnline.

KW6T Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2017 20:18 Send this review to a friend
    Excellent Timesaver  Time owned: more than 12 months
    I upgraded to Amateur Extra in 2007. I tried traditional methods but made little headway until finding Hamtest Online. It is a very good/excellent prep tool for the Amateur Extra test. I found it very effective, and I highly recommend it for the serious ham.

Russ
    KW6T

NY1S Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2016 20:30 Send this review to a friend
    You have procrastinated enough, time to get serious!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
    Why torture yourself. This proven method of learning and PASSING the exam really works. I passed my Extra with flying colors on the first try using this system. With over 750 questions in the general pool to learn, this is the best way to get to the finish line in a reasonable amount of time. Expect to spend 50 hours of focused study time. With the guarantee they offer, what's to lose?

W5RRP Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2016 13:52 Send this review to a friend
    The Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
    After years of trying to upgrade, reading, studying, watching videos, I finally gave up and bought into HamTestOnline. Wow! What can I say? Not only did I learn the answers, I also learned the theory behind the answers. I've been a ham since 1961, and HamTestOnline opened my road to that Extra Class License.

KG5KPE Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2016 13:05 Send this review to a friend
    Love this product.  Time owned: more than 12 months
    I unequivocally recommend HamTestOnline to anyone wanting to get a Technician, General or Extra license. When I had a minor problem, their team responded very quickly and also followed up. Got my Tech in 2015. In November of 2016 I passed the General with a perfect score and in December of 2016 I passed the Extra with a perfect score. Likely the best site and software for studying for your ham license!

KL3W Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2016 12:01 Send this review to a friend
    Gets the job done  Time owned: more than 12 months
    Used for General and Extra and scored 90%+ on the exams. Great for passing the exams, but I didn't really learn the material.

WL7YG Rating: 5/5 Dec 9, 2016 20:20 Send this review to a friend
    Great Resource  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
    I had a desire to upgrade my Tech license and just recently purchased both the General Exam books and the Ham Test Online. Since I wanted to learn the material and not just memorize it, I read the study book but honestly have to say that Ham Test Online was how I passed my General exam.....and I will certainly use to strive for my Extra....

KV8DX Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2016 12:27 Send this review to a friend
    Put The Books Down!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
    Like some of you I have 3 study guides on my bookshelf spanning 12 years. None of them have been used past page 50. Once I was exposed to HamTestOnline I found I wanted to study more often towards my goal of getting the EXTRA class license.
    I only missed one out of 50 (my fault-misread the question). GREAT job folks de KV8DX/AE

ELVISBLUELIGHT Rating: 5/5 Dec 6, 2016 09:18 Send this review to a friend
    Its really good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    Don't buy any books or flash cards, HamTestOnline is it. All I did was study. I learned slowly but I passed all my tests. Thank You HamTestOnline. At the time I did not have a callsign now I don't know how to put in my Callsign AG5HZ

W8NEE Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2016 17:15 Send this review to a friend
    Great learning aid  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    After being away from Ham Radio for many years (earned my General & Advanced in the late 60s) I decided I wanted to get my Extra and upon recommendation of several Hams, I subscribed to it.
    After the first month I felt I needed more review before taking the test. The company gave me a soft reset which let me start back at the beginning of the study. I just passed my exam on 12/03/16 missing 6 questions.
    This program has a neat way of running questions you miss back through to aid in learning and presents information and reference material for the modes and calculations needed.
    I also utilized their sample tests and like the fact that you could adjust them for most missed (by all the participants) and you could adjust that by percentage (this made the tests tougher).
    Another nice feature you could pick the subjects you were having trouble with and then just study those parts. All parts were rated in percentage of progress.
    I also used QRZone's sample testing.

KA4RNH Rating: 5/5 Nov 17, 2016 23:27 Send this review to a friend
    The real way to learn  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I've used the books with some of the background given for most of the questions. When I decided to get my Extra Class I really wanted to LEARN the material. I love the interactive approach and the way the course re-emphasizes your weak areas. But what I loved the most was the depth of the information I learned and how it was presented. I felt more confident taking this exam than previous experiences. Highly recommend.