Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | HamTestOnline Help

Reviews Summary for HamTestOnline
HamTestOnline Reviews: 614 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $24.95
Description:
  • Technician: $24.95
  • General: $29.95
  • Extra: $34.95

Web-based training for the ham radio written exams.

• Quick, easy way to learn.
  • Better than random practice tests.
  • Provides additional information.
  • Presents concepts in logical order.
  • Tracks your progress on each question.
  • Focuses on your weak areas with “intelligent repetition”
  • Better than books — question drill keeps you engaged.
  • Web-based system — study when you want, at your own pace.
  • 100% guaranteed — you pass the exam or get your money back.
  • Free trial includes 50 questions from each exam.
  • Product is in production.
    More info: http://www.hamtestonline.com/

You can write your own review of the HamTestOnline.

N5TWB Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2017 10:30 Send this review to a friend
    Breakthrough to /AE  Time owned: more than 12 months
    This past Saturday, 2/18/17, marked my breakthrough to success on the Extra test and HamTestOnline (HTO) was the reason. I started my quest back in 2013 with two test failures, bought the HTO service, piddled with it and let it expire, along with the change in the test. I decided to give it another go and added some books.

Books gave me a false sense of confidence that led to further test failures #3 and #4. Finally decided to set the books aside and use HTO exclusively. I put in the time to alternate between study mode and practice test mode to build knowledge and confidence. I really picked it up when using Study Mode as it keeps returning to weak areas so you can really grab the concepts. The 50/50 choice also gave good exercise on identifying wrong answers so test-taking tactics are also addressed.

Don't look any further - this is the one that's worth the time and the $$. Success is within your grasp when decide to devote the time to use all the features.

N1QKD Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2017 08:00 Send this review to a friend
    Got My EXTRA  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    Excellent SW; learned a lot of new stuff and enjoyed the how the SW adapted to my learning.

KC9PKF Rating: 5/5 Feb 17, 2017 12:15 Send this review to a friend
    Best way to learn  Time owned: more than 12 months
    HamTestOnline is the best way to learn for me! I got more from it than reading all the books I have. Didn't miss any on Tech, 1 on general and then a couple years later came back and Aced Extra!

WA4KKW Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2017 04:35 Send this review to a friend
    Only study materials that worked for me!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I have tried several other methods of study for the Amateur Extra but always lost interest after a few days. HamTestonLine solved that problem. I set up a study routine of three 30 minute sessions a day with reminders from my phone and studied a total of about 40 hours over a five week period (didn't make it every day) and passed the Extra on my first try this weekend at Orlando Hamcation. Best study guide I've ever encountered.

KK4UQB Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2017 08:28 Send this review to a friend
    Excellent learning tool    Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I used this study guide for my extra class upgrade and after 3 weeks of studying with there format I took the test today 2/11/17 and missed 3 questions. I would recommend this to anyone at any age I used the book from ARRL A for the gen , I passed but it was not with ease I studying much harder for 3 months compared to 3 weeks with a much, much lower score than I got with this study guide

KM4ZWQ Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2017 13:01 Send this review to a friend
    Well designed interactive program  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
    Searched for all study options on web and finally selected Hamtestonline. Very satisfied with the way they present the material and how it constantly interacts with you while studying by repeating weak areas or questions missed initially.

With less than 14 hours of on-line time, took Tech exam and only missed one question. I also only took about 15 minutes to complete the test.

Those who crafted this on-line training program are to be commended for the excellent work and logical design approach. My current business partner is a programmer and I have enough experience in computers to understand the amount of work that went into this effort.

I'm now about 30% complete on study for both General and Extra and will be taking exam for both in March during next scheduled testing for my area. Looking forward to doing as well on those as on Tech.

Strongly recommend to anyone who is interested in the world of Ham Radio and want to get up and running quickly.

KB8ZUR Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2017 12:33 Send this review to a friend
    Excellent learning tool  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I was able to study for about 10 days and pass my General Exam using HamTestOnline. You can be sure I will use it for my Extra Exam. I have been a college professor and a trainer and I have never seen instructional software so well designed. The pages, illustrations, etc are attractive, but most importantly the material is provided in "bite-sized" chunks. Other software can provide trial exams, but this keeps track of your weaknesses and increases review of the weak areas.

KW6T Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2017 20:18 Send this review to a friend
    Excellent Timesaver  Time owned: more than 12 months
    I upgraded to Amateur Extra in 2007. I tried traditional methods but made little headway until finding Hamtest Online. It is a very good/excellent prep tool for the Amateur Extra test. I found it very effective, and I highly recommend it for the serious ham.

Russ
    KW6T

NY1S Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2016 20:30 Send this review to a friend
    You have procrastinated enough, time to get serious!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
    Why torture yourself. This proven method of learning and PASSING the exam really works. I passed my Extra with flying colors on the first try using this system. With over 750 questions in the general pool to learn, this is the best way to get to the finish line in a reasonable amount of time. Expect to spend 50 hours of focused study time. With the guarantee they offer, what's to lose?

W5RRP Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2016 13:52 Send this review to a friend
    The Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
    After years of trying to upgrade, reading, studying, watching videos, I finally gave up and bought into HamTestOnline. Wow! What can I say? Not only did I learn the answers, I also learned the theory behind the answers. I've been a ham since 1961, and HamTestOnline opened my road to that Extra Class License.