Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | HamTestOnline Help

Reviews Summary for HamTestOnline
HamTestOnline Reviews: 688 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $24.95
Description:
  • Technician: $24.95
  • General: $29.95
  • Extra: $34.95

Web-based training for the ham radio written exams.

• Quick, easy way to learn.
  • Better than random practice tests.
  • Provides additional information.
  • Presents concepts in logical order.
  • Tracks your progress on each question.
  • Focuses on your weak areas with “intelligent repetition”
  • Better than books — question drill keeps you engaged.
  • Web-based system — study when you want, at your own pace.
  • 100% guaranteed — you pass the exam or get your money back.
  • Free trial includes 50 questions from each exam.
  • Product is in production.
    More info: http://www.hamtestonline.com/

You can write your own review of the HamTestOnline.

K1JWJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2018 19:22 Send this review to a friend
    Worked Great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    Almost 74 years old, studied Extra program for 29 hours over thirteen days. Passed Extra tonight with 48/50 correct.
    The software knows you and drills the weak areas more until you have them learned.
    Took no sample exams til at 85% on HTO scale.
    Tonight’s exam seemed easier than the sample tests......

KN4HCV Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2018 14:43 Send this review to a friend
    Outstanding  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    Very good model for learning and testing.

The HamTestOnline model identifies areas of weakness and then pulls those weakness into scope throughout the study section. Eventually the weaknesses are turned into strengths without having to manually keep track of areas to focus on. Other online exams only give you a place in time evaluation, while your service focused on learning the material and passing the test...
    Within 11 days of subscribing to the service, I was prepared to take the Extra Exam. This past weekend I took the General and Extra Exam and passed first time.
    Strongly recommend this service!

KN4HCV

KF5KAQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2018 08:15 Send this review to a friend
    In my experience and mind your methods are superior  Time owned: more than 12 months
    Thank you, Ham Test Online, for helping me upgrade to General two weeks ago. I can’t say enough about your teaching/learning approach. In my experience and mind your methods are superior.
    In 2010 I studied on Ham Test Online and passed the Tech. exam. When I first begin to seriously study for the Tech level I tried the manual alone, then I realized that I needed a more organized learning approach with focused reading, testing using the real test pool questions with correct answers, redundancy, and a way to customize learning and testing to my learning needs. I tried several sites before discovering Ham Test Online. Once I started studying on Ham Test Online my learning escalated as I scheduled and studied for one hour each morning daily. I was so excited by my study success that I decided to study for an additional thirty minutes in the evening.
    Two weeks ago, I passed my General Exam. When I felt serious about getting the upgrade from Tec to General I returned to Ham Test Online, and setup the same schedule I used to prepare for my Tec Exam.
    If you are serious and want to pass any level of Amateur Radio Licensing, you will not find a more successful place to study than Ham Test on Line.

AG5OS Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2018 08:09 Send this review to a friend
    Passed all 3 tests after 3 weeks of study!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I was a Ham as a kid, but let my Novice license expire and got away from it. Now at age 60 and retired, I wanted to get back into it. Using Hamtestonline was the perfect way to brush up and expand my knowledge. Studying was fun - it was hard to stop! Went to a test session after just over 3 weeks of study and passed with flying colors (only missed 2 questions on the Extra exam). I can't imagine trying to read several books in the same period of time and probably not doing as well on the tests.

KM6PKY Rating: 5/5 Feb 3, 2018 12:50 Send this review to a friend
    As easy as it gets!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
    4-5 weeks of 1 hour or so per day studying and I passed the Tech exam 100%. Doesn't get any easier than that!

WB9HCO Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2018 13:09 Send this review to a friend
    Thumbs Up!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    To sum up, a friend of mine, WB9IXS, used this study system a few months ago and passed his test at the beginning of January. On a lark I decided to take the test as well, and without study I failed...but I did get close. A score of 72 I believe.

This along with my friends success, spurred me on to begin studying. The result of that effort was tested this morning. I passed my Extra and scored a 100%! Take a few of the practice exams if you like, but stick with the 'Study mode' and you will get the full benefit of the adaptive testing that the HamTestOnline system uses.

I am now an Extra class after 43 years as an Advanced class license holder.

Put in the time and it works. The system has many ways to help you and if you need further assistance, contact Christina and she will help you out. Thanks again, Christina.

K4ZVC Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2018 07:58 Send this review to a friend
    Amazing study platform  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
    I received my tech license in Dec. of 2016, my General in Jan. of 2017 and started to study for my extra within a month of that.
    I purchased many books and study guides from ARRL and although they are very good I just was not getting it.
    I didn't just want to memorize the answers I wanted to know the material so I tried Ham Test Online and I began to gain the knowledge that I wanted right away.
    I used Ham Test Online a few hours a week and passed my extra exam Jan. 15th 2018.
    I highly recommend Ham Test Online to anyone who is looking to get into amateur radio or advance their licence.

WB9IXS Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2018 12:17 Send this review to a friend
    Great Tool  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I have had my Advanced class ticket for 35 plus years and have always wanted my extra class but could never seem to find the time to sit and read books. So I tried the HamTestOnline material and in less than 30 days studying about 1 hour a day I passed the Extra test with flying colors. The adaptive training method really works. The course made sure I understood every subject before moving too far ahead. I can't say enough positive comments about HamTestOnline. OH yes and if you think your too old forget it I did it at 69 years young.

AA5CJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 6, 2018 22:59 Send this review to a friend
    Excellent tool!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I earned my Tech license in July 2017 studying only the ARRL book. For my learning style, just reading the book was quite challenging. My brother introduced me to HamTestOnline after he purchased a subscription to study for his Extra. With the 2 year subscription and the refund guarantee, I figured it was worth a shot.

I purchased the General course on 12/10/17 and studied for about 5 hours, then passed General on 12/11/17.

After these results, I purchased the Extra course and studied just under 10 cumulative hours from 12/22/17 - 01/06/18 and passed Extra.

HamTestOnline does an EXCELLENT job explaining the logic and reasoning behind every question. There are also descriptions and brief "sparknotes" type articles that cover the important information without a lot of fluff.

This resource is an exceptional use of time, energy, and money. I would highly encourage anyone studying for their exams to check this resource out!

AE4DD Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2017 12:12 Send this review to a friend
    Made studying fun  Time owned: more than 12 months
    I had purchased a two year subscription for HTO, thinking it would take me a long time to pass all three elements. I went like gangbusters for the first couple of weeks but then took an extended hiatus as work took most of my time. All in, I spent about 50 hours of study time to go from zero to passing all three elements in one sitting. And that include lots of refresh from the hours spent before the hiatus.

I actually had a lot of fun with HTO and looked forward to my study sessions. Besides the system learning on which topics a student is weak and emphasizing questions in those areas, I found the stats provided by the service to be great motivation. I frequently checked the "Top Scores" page to see the bars showing the breakdown of unseen, weak, and learned portions of each test element.

Although HTO didn't go super deep into test subjects, I found that the online training was just right for what I was looking for with good links to external sources in areas in which I had more than a passing interest. HTO focuses a lot on the questions, but it's a lot more than that also.

I highly recommend HTO for anyone trying to get or upgrade their license. It was well worth the money for me.