Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | HamTestOnline Help

Reviews Summary for HamTestOnline
HamTestOnline Reviews: 703 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $24.95
Description:
  • Technician: $24.95
  • General: $29.95
  • Extra: $34.95

Web-based training for the ham radio written exams.

• Quick, easy way to learn.
  • Better than random practice tests.
  • Provides additional information.
  • Presents concepts in logical order.
  • Tracks your progress on each question.
  • Focuses on your weak areas with “intelligent repetition”
  • Better than books — question drill keeps you engaged.
  • Web-based system — study when you want, at your own pace.
  • 100% guaranteed — you pass the exam or get your money back.
  • Free trial includes 50 questions from each exam.
  • Product is in production.
    More info: http://www.hamtestonline.com/

You can write your own review of the HamTestOnline.

KM4SVF Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2018 12:20 Send this review to a friend
    A very quick upgrade path  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    HamTestOnline is a very good tool to pass the Amateur tests and is a great value as well. It's hard to fault success with the learning approach that HamTestOnline uses. A combination of repetition, great examples, formulas when necessary and clear explanations of the principles make for a very speedy process to upgrade to the Extra License. I highly recommend it to anyone that has a desire to be an Amateur Radio operator or upgrade their ticket. It's money well spent.

TYLER Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2018 10:28 Send this review to a friend
    I love it  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    Thanks HamTestOnline. I passed my tech test.

WA1ZLO Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2018 16:34 Send this review to a friend
    Fantastic program  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    FANTASTIC! That is the only word to describe my experience with HamTestOnline. The program allowed me to upgrade to Amateur Extra class after being almost entirely off the air for close to 40 years. As I embarked upon the program, I felt that I had forgotten more than I ever knew to begin with.

Originally licensed as a Novice in 1973, I moved up the ranks by studying the old-fashioned (pre-HamTestOnline) way and earned Advanced status by 1976. I never even thought of going for Extra because of the 20 wpm code requirement. 13 wpm was tough enough for me.

But, now, recently retired and 70 years old, I thought I’d like to get back into the hobby. Among other things, I was looking something to keep my brain active. So, I thought I’d take a crack at Extra class. Purely by chance, I say a review of HamTestOnline on YouTube and decided to give it a try. How could I lose? If I didn’t pass the exam, they’d give me my money back. You can’t do better than that.

I signed up for Ham Test Online on Tuesday, March 27. I studied for 11 days, totaling less than 32 hours. On Saturday, April 7th I took the exam and scored 90%. The correct answers just jumped off the page at me. I actually felt very much over-prepared; the test seemed that easy.

To be honest, there were times during my studying that I felt a little discouraged having trouble mastering a few concepts. But I stuck with it and got over the hump. I feel very proud and happy to have achieved the Extra level of accomplishment.

Because I live in a townhouse community, I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to get my HF equipment back on the air due to antenna restrictions. My gear was new in the early 1970’s but now is considered antique, like me. But thanks to HamTestOnline I have demonstrated to myself that you can teach an old dog new tricks.

My next project is to get reacquainted with Morse code. Too bad Ham Test Online can’t help with that!

WB4QIZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2018 11:26 Send this review to a friend
    Passed with 96 at 80 years old.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I recommend Ham Test Online. They give your money back if you don't pass. I passed with a score of 96 with about four weeks of study. Go for it!

N1UVO Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2018 09:55 Send this review to a friend
    Best tool for studying  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
    I passed my Extra Exam on 3/10/18 !!! This program was the best tool I could have found to help me study & prepare.
    I would recommend this program to anyone looking to get into the amateur radio hobby & to those wanting to upgrade.
    I had recently passed my General exam on 1/6/18 & decided this would be a good time to try for Extra, while my brain was still in study mode.
    Purchasing this program was the best decision ever and the reason I was able to pass.
    A HUGE thank you to John & Christina for developing Ham TestOnline. So grateful I found this resource!

WA8CIQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2018 08:47 Send this review to a friend
    AGREAT way to pass the extra test  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I wanted to thank John and Christina at HamTestOnline. Your help was and is greatly appreciated. If you feel overwhelmed, don’t give up. I passed the Amateur Extra exam easily. The actual exam seemed easier than the sample tests because of everything your proven way of teaching has taught me. I feel your system is the only way to go. The last time I took an amateur radio test was in 1962, so you can figure for yourself how old I am. I was afraid I couldn't learn the material - - - you proved me wrong. I thought this was just a way to memorize the answers but it actually teaches the subject matter in a logical way. If you want to pass the test and learn at the same time, the HamTestOnline is the way to go. Tim WA8CIQ

KI7TMN Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2018 18:12 Send this review to a friend
    As good as everyone says!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I will turn 70 years old this year, and I've been wanting to get my ham license since I was 10. Not that I'm a procrastinator, mind you.

I've always been interested in electronics, and before the military thing got in the way, I was about to start my senior year as a BSEE student, so I do have some background in electronics. Because of this, I certainly had a head start on the theory material.

The course walks you through topic by topic, explaining what you need to know to understand each subject. They do NOT just have you memorize questions from the pool. As you finish each study topic, the site asks you questions, and remembers any that you miss. Then, after you go through the next topic, when the site asks you questions on the new topic, it adds in a few from previous topics that you missed. Very efficient!

I started studying after the first of the year, and was doing well on the Tech practice exams. I took my Tech exam on 1/24 and passed with 100%. The VE's had me take the General, and I passed! Then I took the Extra, and although I didn't pass, (I had only studied for the Tech!!), I did so well I was really pumped.

Did the Extra study material over the next two months, and really didn't push it all that hard. Took the Extra on 3/31 and passed with a 98%.

Really, cannot recommend HamTestOnline too highly. It really does teach you the topics, and it does a great job of preparing you for the tests. Go for it!

K0BAK Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2018 18:35 Send this review to a friend
    Element 4 98% in ~20 hours  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    Was a General for a couple years, and suddenly had reason to get Extra. After seeing all the positive comments on ham Facebook groups, I decided to give HamTestOnline a try. Started Saturday afternoon, devoted most of Sunday, and by Monday afternoon, the Study course said I was ready to take the test. Wow! I'd estimate around 20 hours clock time logon to logoff, while doing a few other things around the house. Found a test session that same evening; passed element 4 with one question wrong (98%).

I had of course picked up some of the test subjects being an active General for a few years, but I'd say ~70% of the material had to be learned. A great resource, can't recommend it any higher, will tell everyone who expresses interest in a ham test to use this prep course.

AC9SK Rating: 5/5 Mar 20, 2018 11:59 Send this review to a friend
    Passed all 3 exams with 53 hours of study  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I didn't study each day; I had a lot of gaps (one of them 37 days) in my study plan. So I spent quite a few hours reviewing "stale" material. While studying, I had all question pools open on the Choose topics menu, and sort order set to "course order" on the View courses menu. I stayed in study mode the whole time (I never did try the practice exams). I took all 3 exams in one hour at the exam session, getting 91%, 94% and 98% on Technician, General, Extra, respectively. Per John's advice, the only thing I would do differently would be to change the sort order to "Last answered" when cramming on the day before the exams; this would have given higher priority to the stale material that I hadn't reviewed in many weeks. HTO presents just enough material to understand the question and answer it, while offering easy access to extra material exactly when and where it's needed (some material I already knew from junior college decades ago, but most material I was very unfamiliar with). I went to the exam session feeling more than ready. I highly recommend HamTestOnline to anyone. Regardless of your prior knowledge and experience, study methods and habits, memory retention, I think HamTestOnline uses what you bring to the study session in the most effective and engaging manner you'll ever experience outside of a live classroom setting.

KA3WEL Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2018 17:37 Send this review to a friend
    Great Course  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I bought the ARRL study manual And the HamTestOnline course.It did not take long to find out that the HamTestOnline was the way to go.They give you all the information you need to be able to understand the questions asked on the test.The Arrl test book is well written but contains much info that is not necessary to answer the test questions.The study methods used by HamTestOnline are outstanding and help you retain what you have studied.Also I talked to the folks at Hamtestonline while using their course and they were very helpful with all of my questions concerning the use of their course.I recommend them 100%.Passed the Extra the first try with a high score.