Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | HamTestOnline Help

Reviews Summary for HamTestOnline
HamTestOnline Reviews: 646 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $24.95
Description:
  • Technician: $24.95
  • General: $29.95
  • Extra: $34.95

Web-based training for the ham radio written exams.

• Quick, easy way to learn.
  • Better than random practice tests.
  • Provides additional information.
  • Presents concepts in logical order.
  • Tracks your progress on each question.
  • Focuses on your weak areas with “intelligent repetition”
  • Better than books — question drill keeps you engaged.
  • Web-based system — study when you want, at your own pace.
  • 100% guaranteed — you pass the exam or get your money back.
  • Free trial includes 50 questions from each exam.
  • Product is in production.
    More info: http://www.hamtestonline.com/

You can write your own review of the HamTestOnline.

KD2BVT Rating: 5/5 Jun 25, 2017 19:22 Send this review to a friend
    Great value!  Time owned: more than 12 months
    Purchased last year. Started studying, but lost interest in upgrading. Got the bug again this spring. Hit it hard for 2 weeks, got a 92% on first try at extra. Money well spent.

K5YNC Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2017 03:37 Send this review to a friend
    Great Study Method  Time owned: more than 12 months
    I used Ham Test Online as an additional study tool, along with the ARRL Ham Test Study Guides. HamTestOnline's proprietary algorithm helped me to focus and work on my weak areas. I highly recommend HamTestOnline.

K3IVN Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2017 17:41 Send this review to a friend
    Excellent Ham Test Prep   Time owned: more than 12 months
    I used this to study for all three ham tests. I passed all three on the first try. I earned 100% on tech, 95% on General and 90% on Extra.

The study materials were easy to use and provided sufficient tutorials to be helpful without inundating me with extraneous information.

The only reason I scored slightly lower on each successive exam was that I changed my threshold for success. In tech, I was all about "acing" the exam. In General and Extra, I was only focusing on passing the exams, as I finally figured that I earn the same license whether I get 100% or 75%.

I would highly recommend this product to others who are preparing to sit for the various ham licenses.

Cheers,
    Scott (K3IVN)

KD9IJL Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2017 08:48 Send this review to a friend
    Great study method  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
    I tried a few years ago to study on my own and quickly gave up. This time I was able to stay focused and easily learn the material. I may just try for extra.

K7AHS Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2017 12:40 Send this review to a friend
    Makes passing easy  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
    I started out studying on my own using free materials online. Although the questions are available along with practice exams on many sites, I soon realized I wanted a more guided approach. HamTestOnline is much more than a practice test. It guides you through the material providing explanatory material in easy to understand chunks along the way. It tracks your right and wrong answers as you study, repeating questions you missed and not wasting your time with the ones you clearly answer successfully. Over the course of a few months I studied 30-40 minutes 3-4 times a week. I passed the Technician and General in the same sitting. I studied a few more weeks on and off and then passed the Extra exam the first time as well. I think many people pass with even less study time than I took, but the way the course is structured you can study at the pace that works for you and have confidence that when it tells you that you are ready to take the test, you will pass. Definitely worth the modest amount of money involved - not much more than a full set of books when you think about it. Highly recommended.

KY5G Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2017 01:44 Send this review to a friend
    Just write the check!  Time owned: more than 12 months
    I found "hamtestonline.com" while looking for materials to assist me in not only passing all three tests, but also master the material behind the questions. I settled on the ARRL Study guides AND HAMTESTONLINE.COM for drill and identifying week spots.

In spite of the gallbladder attack I was undergoing during and following the 3 hr drive to the testing site, the exams were anti-climactic. I'd answer a question, walk around the room, stick my head out the door to be sick, and then stand at my spot and answer another.

I was so well-prepared by using HTO, that I still maxed Tech and General in about 35 minutes tops, including the time spent grading the exam.

About a month later and a week in the hospital, I took and aced the Extra exam.

Seriously... best online tools available bar none.

KD2TUG Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2017 09:23 Send this review to a friend
    Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    At 82 I needed help, Got Tech, General and Extra using this superb course.

KN4DBT Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2017 08:03 Send this review to a friend
    Great way to study  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    Easy to learn, with electronics as my background and being a Ham (from VU land back in the 80's) it was a great refresher for me. I took all 3 tests within a span of 3 weeks and was able to get my U.S Extra class licence. Ham TestOnline was concise and practice questions match and feel like real test. I highly recommend anyone wishing to get their Ham radio license to use Ham TestOnline, the website is designed to be very user friendly and informative. Thanks Ham TestOnline!

KF4LRN Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2017 08:09 Send this review to a friend
    Excellent Study Tool  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I have been a Ham for 21 years. I recently retired and was still holding my Tech license. It served me well as I lived on VHF/UHF.

I decided this year to expand my horizons. after research and nudging from friends I decided to use Ham Test Online. I purchased General on 8/6/17 and Extra on 8/7/17. I buckled down and let the system work its magic. The adaptive nature of the system made learning easy. If I kept missing questions in an area it kept hitting me with them until I got it right. The more I missed the more it hit me with it. Nice system. The system can be modified to your taste. If you only want to work in a particular area you can turn off other areas to concentrate on that lone area(s).

My only critique is that it is strictly online. You cannot use it offline. When my cable goes down, I'm out of luck. This happens a lot in my rural area. For those times I grabbed my IPad and used Amateur Radio Exam Prep by Patrick J Maloney LLC. It is not adaptive like HamTestOnilne, but it is a nice app and I recommend it if you cannot get online.

on 8/20/17, I returned home to Lake County Florida to test for my General upgrade, This is where I got my Tech some years ago. After passing the General exam, I took my shot at Extra and passed it also. Tech to Extra in one sitting. It was amazing and gratifying. An old dog can learn new tricks. Thank you HamTestOnline. Did I mention that subscriptions are good for TWO YEARS?

Don't wait, get started today. You Too can be a happy HAM. www.hamradiolicenseexam.com

Stay Safe, 73's

Dave - KF4LRN

PS sorry for delayed posting. I was having difficulties getting clearance to post here. All good now.

KG5GXF Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2017 16:33 Send this review to a friend
    GREAT!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I couldn't be more happier with this Ham Test Online. But even more important was the fact that I need some info from them and they were great. If you want to pass the test and learn, then go with hamtestonline! KG5GXF Raye