Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | HamTestOnline Help

Reviews Summary for HamTestOnline
HamTestOnline Reviews: 669 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $24.95
Description:
  • Technician: $24.95
  • General: $29.95
  • Extra: $34.95

Web-based training for the ham radio written exams.

• Quick, easy way to learn.
  • Better than random practice tests.
  • Provides additional information.
  • Presents concepts in logical order.
  • Tracks your progress on each question.
  • Focuses on your weak areas with “intelligent repetition”
  • Better than books — question drill keeps you engaged.
  • Web-based system — study when you want, at your own pace.
  • 100% guaranteed — you pass the exam or get your money back.
  • Free trial includes 50 questions from each exam.
  • Product is in production.
    More info: http://www.hamtestonline.com/

You can write your own review of the HamTestOnline.

KN4FRW Rating: 5/5 Nov 15, 2017 07:57 Send this review to a friend
    Super Effective Learning Method  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
    I've long held an interest in shortwave listening and until a little over three months ago, knew as much about ham radio as the average Joe on the street. I decided it was time for a new challenge for this 58 year old mind and purchased the Technician's course. Within a month, I had earned my call sign with a perfect score. My original intent was to stop there, but I found the study material to be somewhat addicting and decided to purchase the General course. Six weeks later, I had earned my upgrade on the date I originally targeted for my Tech exam with a score of 97! I can't stop now. I just purchased the Extra course. I'm shooting for a test date about four months down the road, but who knows? I never imagined taking it this far, but it's crazy to stop now as easy as it's been. The guaranteed to pass claim is no bull if you can spare about 45 minutes to an hour a day. You can even break it up to fit your schedule, 15 minutes here, 10 minutes there.

I contacted Customer Support with a question a few days before my General exam and John, the Owner/Developer, not only personally answered my question, but went into my study history and offered suggestions on what to focus on and how to better utilize my study time. How do you top that?

Bottom line. I'm not sure I could have passed either exam within this time frame if I had been studying from a textbook. HamTestOnline is everything it claims to be and gets my highest recommendation.

KC0EKQ Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2017 21:40 Send this review to a friend
    PERFECT way to learn it all!  Time owned: more than 12 months
    I just realized I'd never reviewed HTO here, or essentially just praised them up and down for how excellent their program truly is.

Before I ever tested, since childhood, I was into all things radio from crystal sets to shortwave to CB to restoring vintage/antique radios, etc... but had never gotten my ticket, for a bazillion reasonable reasons (trust me :))!!

But when I decided to finally do it, I used Ham Test Online and let me tell you how perfect it was for me:

I studied an hour a night for three weeks, then didn't study for another two weeks, and then went back and reviewed for a week, then took numerous exams of all classes until I was confident enough to try the real deal.

A small local hamfest popped up nearby and was offering walk in testing, and I was ready.

I walked into the VE room at 8:30am, having never held a license of any class of amatuer... and walked out at 9:25am an EXTRA.

HamTestOnline. Damned straight.

KX4GV Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2017 12:49 Send this review to a friend
    KX4GV  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I started studying from the published study guides, but found the Q&A study method of HamTestOnline to work much better for me. Passed the Technician and General exams on 9/23 and the Extra exam on 10/16. Would have taken much longer using only the books.

W3SWL Rating: 5/5 Nov 3, 2017 08:39 Send this review to a friend
    Got me over the hump  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I purchased the written guides (Gordo, ARRL) and used several of the free test review web sites, but I still felt like I was floundering as I studied for my extra upgrade. I started using HamTestOnline about 3 weeks prior to the exam and went into intense "study" mode for two weeks (about one hour per day) then spent the last few days taking practice exams. When I walked into the exam session I knew every question on the test. I passed with 49/50 and am sure the one I missed was a silly mistake.

Their process is very methodical and organized, and will show you exactly what you know and where you are weak as you progress through the study. I would highly recommend this site to anyone preparing for their exam.

KM4NKB Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2017 15:02 Send this review to a friend
    Greatest Learning Tool Ever!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
    This prep course was extremely helpful. It is a great program that helped me achieve the Extra Class License. This is coming from someone who struggles with a slight learning disability. It gave me the confidence I needed to persevere. I feel it is a great tool for anyone of all learning abilities. My wife was able to get her license with this program as she has no electrical background whatsoever.

KW4ZJ Rating: 5/5 Oct 29, 2017 17:49 Send this review to a friend
    Awesome practice site  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
    When I decided Amateur radio was for me, I looked around the internet for ways to practice. When I ran across HTO I knew I had found just what I was looking for. After studying hard for all three exams for around 4 months, I found a test site, walked in, told them I was going to test for all three exams. I was met with a look of curious surprise and a little amusement. Then I proceeded to wipe out all three exams in little over an hour. That included a few minutes for a bathroom break. I've been a superstar and a small legend in my Ham club since then :-)
    If you want to get into Amateur radio and want to do it the easy way HTO is the way to go. You don't have to do all three exams of course, but I loved the material and the way the site helps coach you along the way. It takes all the concepts presented on the test and breaks them down one at a time. It also keeps coming back to your weak points and shows you the material you need to know to fix your weak spots. I doubt there is a better way to prepare. Wish I had thought of this!

KC0BBT Rating: 5/5 Oct 24, 2017 16:44 Send this review to a friend
    Great Program  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I used a couple of books and some practice exams, to try to study for the Extra Exam, but they weren't helping me. Some of the information was confusing and some of was just trying to get me to memorize the answers, with no explanations. I started looking for something that would explain the answers and found hamtestonline. After checking out their sample learning methods and their guarantee, I signed up. After about 3 weeks of using their program, I took the Extra Exam and passed. I missed one question. I highly recommend hamtestonline, especially when I hear of people spending $80, to take classes to get their Extra license.

KM6NFF Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2017 12:06 Send this review to a friend
    GREAT SITE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I would like to add my 2 cents here. After signing up I suddenly found out how easy it is to get a license.I studied about 10 days then went and took the Technicians test and passed.Ham TestOnline really makes it easy to get ready for your test. I am now studying for the General test. I hope that goes as well as the first one did.I highly recommend this site. It really does work.

DANJEFFRE Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2017 21:20 Send this review to a friend
    Extra Class in one sitting  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    The test prep website not only had the test questions and answers but additionally offered an educational experience by providing a brief explanation of the concepts behind the questions. I found this sight well worth the investment and do not hesitate to recommend it to anyone interested in obtaining a license.

Dan
    AG5NI

KK6YLW Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2017 19:04 Send this review to a friend
    Nothing Better!  Time owned: more than 12 months
    This series of study courses is the best around! There's an added bonus. John and Christina are wavering in their support, patience, encouragement, and willingness to answer any/all emails seeking explanations of difficult material and the same questions over and over again. This program is AWESOME in EVERY respect. Sign up for the courses. You will not be disappointed.