Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | HamTestOnline Help

Reviews Summary for HamTestOnline
HamTestOnline Reviews: 589 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $24.95
  • Technician: $24.95
  • General: $29.95
  • Extra: $34.95

Web-based training for the ham radio written exams.

• Quick, easy way to learn.
  • Better than random practice tests.
  • Provides additional information.
  • Presents concepts in logical order.
  • Tracks your progress on each question.
  • Focuses on your weak areas with “intelligent repetition”
  • Better than books — question drill keeps you engaged.
  • Web-based system — study when you want, at your own pace.
  • 100% guaranteed — you pass the exam or get your money back.
  • Free trial includes 50 questions from each exam.
  • Product is in production.

You can write your own review of the HamTestOnline.

KC1FNM Rating: 5/5 Oct 20, 2016 04:34 Send this review to a friend
    A concise way to pass Extra  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
    If you can digest a series of roughly 1 page summaries and a few follow up questions, this is the way to go!
    I had briefly lost interest in getting my Extra, but they sent weekly reminders about my subscription which "pushed" me to finish.
    I passed the exam after 2 and a half weeks of study with only one mistake!
    W5UTW Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2016 11:15 Send this review to a friend
    Could not have done it as soon.   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    This is the handiest site I have found for learning. Period. The fact that it is for an Amateur license is only incidental. I could learn anything given the format of HTOL. I passed my Tech and General in one sitting and my Extra less than 2 months later. 67 hours total study time (this is one of the many handy stats you get).

There are SO many helpful learning features that there are too many to list. Adaptive learning being one of the most important. Multiple ways to practice test including most missed answers (by EVERYONE).
    Rankings and stats. You can see where you are in your leaning, what you have left to do and what you are having problems, or successes, with. You can get a "taste" for free. And the price for each level is about the cost of one of the ARRL manuals.

I highly recommend.
    KG5JUP Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2016 13:19 Send this review to a friend
    Impressive and Essential!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    Before discovering I purchased the ARRL General Study materials, The Gordon West platform, made flash cards, and used apps on my phone to quiz myself. I took the General test and failed. In fact, failed so miserably that the VE stopped grading the exam. Attempt two, fewer misses but still did not make the cut after hours of intense study. Last week, I discovered this online resource and four days later...I am KG5JUP /AG Thank you!

KC3FRJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2016 13:35 Send this review to a friend
    Worth every cent  Time owned: more than 12 months
    Passed both tech and general using this course.
    Spent a year roughly between classes but passed my General ticket just this past weekend.
    It will not let you fail, you will get every question you missed again and again,until
    you learn the material. Can,t say enough about it,
    Go for it!
    WY0WDR Rating: 5/5 Sep 13, 2016 18:06 Send this review to a friend
    Worth the money!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I had ten days from purchase of the software to my test date. I took a college class for my tech test, and I wish I'd found this first. It was fast, inexpensive, and I was able to get the study materials completed in the time I had. I couldn't recommend it more highly, and I'll be using this software to study for my Extra license.
    KC6YNP Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2016 15:39 Send this review to a friend
    Great Resource   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    Very good tool, I passed the Extra Class test with a 98%, missed just one question. I recommend this site to anyone seeking to upgrade their operating class.
    WA4STX Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2016 16:52 Send this review to a friend
    Highly Recommended  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
    After having the Advanced ticket for 35+ years, I decided to go for the Amateur Extra when I retired from my job. I hadn't kept current with ham education for that entire time, so I began with HTO's Technician course. Seven days later, I started the General, and six days later began the Extra material. A little over a month later, I passed the Amateur Extra without difficulty. If you are interested in upgrading, Ham Test Online is the way to go!
    KG5ISB Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2016 16:03 Send this review to a friend
    Very good stude   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
    I used ham test online and got all three with in one year including my extra class license.It made it learn at home and on my on time.I would recommend this to any one that wants to study for there ham license. Thank you very mush Huey kg5isb
    KE0JTA Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2016 11:20 Send this review to a friend
    Great Study Tool  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    Found HamTestOnline through web search while looking for an aide to studying for Ham license. I signed up and took each level one at a time and then tested. I went from beginner to Amateur Extra in three months.
    KG5ABO Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2016 19:46 Send this review to a friend
    Great Resource  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I first heard of HamTestOnline after buying an Extra Class study guide. I wanted to take the exam before the new question pool went into effect, but was dreading using the study guide. I decided to give HamTestOnline a try and was immediately hooked. The training material is presented in a way that is easy to understand and includes links to other web sites, especially Wikipedia, for additional information. Much of the basic electronics was a refresher for material I learned in Navy Avionics schools and haven't had to use in decades. No matter what the training material is, HamTestOnline will give you additional training on your weak areas. I spent a few weeks studying and passed the Extra exam on the first try, missing 1 question.