Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | HamTestOnline Help

Reviews Summary for HamTestOnline
HamTestOnline Reviews: 440 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $24.95
Description:
  • Technician: $24.95
  • General: $29.95
  • Extra: $34.95
  • Canadian Basic: $34.95
  • Canadian Advanced: $29.95

Web-based training for the ham radio written exams.

• Quick, easy way to learn.
  • Better than random practice tests.
  • Provides additional information.
  • Presents concepts in logical order.
  • Tracks your progress on each question.
  • Focuses on your weak areas with “intelligent repetition”
  • Better than books — question drill keeps you engaged.
  • Web-based system — study when you want, at your own pace.
  • 100% guaranteed — you pass the exam or get your money back.
  • Free trial includes 50 questions from each exam.
  • Product is in production.
    More info: http://www.hamtestonline.com/

You can write your own review of the HamTestOnline.

KJ4KKI Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2015 19:46 Send this review to a friend
    Expertly Done Tutorial  Time owned: more than 12 months
    I put off taking my Extra exam for a long time because, quite frankly, it intimidated me. I won't repeat what all the others have pointed out, except to say that as a former college and public school educator, I think it is the best tutorial I have ever used. Thanks for allowing me to reach my goal of becoming an Extra class ham. I took the exam today, and made a 94%. Of course, while it would have been neat to make 100%, I am quite pleased with only missing 3 out of 50 questions.

KK4YMB Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2015 22:05 Send this review to a friend
    The best non classroom study material for Ham Testing in the US  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
    I utilized several other methods of study for the various levels of licensing, but hands down especially for extra nothing I tried worked better than HamTestOnline. 15 hours of study later I had my extra ticket. The cyber tutor targets the content you are weak at and reinforces it until you have it down before moving into any new content. Very good system.

W1HFG Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2015 17:51 Send this review to a friend
    This is one very effective learning tool  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I received my General class license back in 1977, passing the written exam by memorizing the answers to the questions. I decided in December, 2014 to finally try to upgrade to Extra. I tried a three-pronged approach. I spent three weeks in my free time going over the material in the ARRL Extra License Manual, received flash cards as a requested Christmas present, and signed up for HTO on December 29. The same day I registered to take the Extra exam that would be given on January 10, (yesterday). HTO pulled it all together for me. Within a week of signing up, I felt I was ready to take the exam. I had expected that the preparation would take months. Thanks to HTO, I aced the exam, answering all 50 questions correctly. The process of preparing was fun. I would sit in a recliner for a few hours at a time with my iPad and HTO. The feedback was immediate, so I was able to easily monitor my progress. It was enjoyable, like reading a good book that's hard to put down. The preparation process wasn't effortless, but I never imagined that it would go so quickly. Given my limited electronics background, I had long felt that obtaining my Extra class license would be beyond my capability, so to find not only that I could pass the exam but that I could get through the process this quickly was truly amazing. This is one fine and very affordable program. I highly recommend it. Thank you HamTestOnline!

KF7SUF Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2014 17:28 Send this review to a friend
    Effective Way to Pass Test  Time owned: more than 12 months
    I used HamTestOnline to study for the Technician test in October 2011. When I passed that test later that month I started studying for General and passed that in November 2011. When I retired I decided to try for the Extra so I could become a VE. I gave myself two months to study for the test and used HamTestOnline once again. After only three weeks I took the test because it would be the only one offered locally for quite a while. Thanks to HamTestOnline I passed without difficulty and now have my Extra license!

KG7FXO Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2014 17:11 Send this review to a friend
    Others pale by comparison.  Time owned: more than 12 months
    There are flashcards, practice exams and TONS of "study" guides. I have utilized many of them. Most, I find text heavy and ultimately ineffective. Granted, many of them are free...but, you get what you pay for. HamTestOnline's subscription is a tremendous value. An intuitive program that learns your strengths and weaknesses as you advance in the subject. It is actually fun to use! It helped me maintain interest in the subject while studying for, and passing my, Technician and General exams. HamTestOnline will be used to prepare for my Extra licence when time allows in 2015 no question about it.

W7JST Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2014 08:24 Send this review to a friend
    Sophisticated, well written software  Time owned: more than 12 months
    I bought Hamtestonline one year ago after searching online for amateur test methods/materials. After studying for a few weeks I passed my Technician Exam with 100% in December 2013. I then passed my General with 100% in March of 2014. My studying for Amateur Extra was delayed as "life" got in the way but I passed the AE test with 100% in December of 2014.
    My method was to study all the sections individually until I had seen all the questions and then I started taking test after test after test. Hamtestonline is so easy to use and so intuitive and adaptive that I figured why not strive for perfection. To prepare for each exam I took 30 to 40 tests (it became obvious after the first few tests that I would pass so I kept at it).
    Because of Hamtestonline I arrived at each exam with the confidence that I would pass the test which lessened my anxiety so I could calmly attack the questions. For those who say that programs like this don't give you required the required fundamentals I say this:
    1. HAM radio is a massive subject and you will always need and benefit from written reference materials.
    2. HTO does give some background information and provides additional in-depth subject detail through Wikipedia Links.
    3. After you get your license you will have many questions and will remember that you have been exposed to the subject and will know what to look for. So pass the test, get on with the fun, and continue learning.

Anyway my hat is off to Hamtestonline for producing a piece of software that everyone can use to confidently pass their exam element. Money well spent! Thanks!
    Jeff
    W7JST

W8DMM Rating: 5/5 Dec 18, 2014 08:55 Send this review to a friend
    Best Site To Learn From  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I tried everything and was not happy. Gave up every time. Along came Ham Test On Line-bingo, just what the doctor ordered. Passed my Extra two weeks after I purchased it.
    Easy to understand and made sense. Forget Gordo.
    Recommend to everybody.
    Dave w8dmm

K5WRK Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2014 19:49 Send this review to a friend
    BETTER THAN A BOOK  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    Sitting down to the computer is just the way to go for me, books and CD's never did cut it, even though my TECH & GENERAL were with a book. HamTestOnline was suggested and I was sold.

I gave it a 5 because it lets you know weather your right or wrong as soon as you click your mouse & it keeps testing you in your weak areas.

I've tried Gordon West & other material but they are not HTO & it's cheaper,,So good luck & 73...K5WRK

W2OKQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2014 12:33 Send this review to a friend
    Highly recommend as it worked for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
    Wanted to upgrade to Extra. Started two plus years ago but "life" got in the way. Good intentions led to a 2 year expiration of this product. Put in about 24 hours of study. Then I retired and the questions changed. With more time I reupped as they gave a discount for being a renewing member of Hamtestonline. Studied for about 40 hours in a month and felt extremely confident to pass the test which i did today with a 50/50 correct score. Highly recommend to others who have the time and focus to do the study and take test in a relatively short time.

KF6BRF Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2014 21:51 Send this review to a friend
    Great Stuff!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I've been procrastinating getting my extra for about a year and a half. Finally decided the book I had was ok, but just not doing it for me. These guys came recommended so I checked them out and was pretty happy. It had me spun up in short order so I could pass the exam. I liked how it learned my weaknesses and magically helped me get those polished up. I highly recommend this to anyone wanting to get their Amateur Radio License.