Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | HamTestOnline Help

Reviews Summary for HamTestOnline
HamTestOnline Reviews: 573 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $24.95
Description:
  • Technician: $24.95
  • General: $29.95
  • Extra: $34.95

Web-based training for the ham radio written exams.

• Quick, easy way to learn.
  • Better than random practice tests.
  • Provides additional information.
  • Presents concepts in logical order.
  • Tracks your progress on each question.
  • Focuses on your weak areas with “intelligent repetition”
  • Better than books — question drill keeps you engaged.
  • Web-based system — study when you want, at your own pace.
  • 100% guaranteed — you pass the exam or get your money back.
  • Free trial includes 50 questions from each exam.
  • Product is in production.
    More info: http://www.hamtestonline.com/

You can write your own review of the HamTestOnline.

KC9LOO Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2016 18:48 Send this review to a friend
    Just Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I always wanted to take the final step and become an Extra Class. I have a friend that suggested this program to me, and after playing with it for a little while. I decided this was way better than a paper book. I was ready after just about 30 hours of study, but my son wanted to take his Tech. test, and he wasn't quite ready, so I stayed in study mode until he was ready and we both went and we both passed.
    The way this program drills the questions you have the most problems with is just incredible.
    Everyone else has already said about all you can say. It is just fantastic.

W5AAZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 14, 2016 17:45 Send this review to a friend
    More than I could have hoped for  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
    The people at HamTestOnline have created a powerful and effective learning tool for those preparing to take the FCC license exams. I have now used all three levels of their courses — Technician, General and Extra — and passed all three.

I am a former symphony violinist and have been a pastor for the last 35 years. My education, aptitude and life experience did not equip me for understanding electronics, radio waves or mathematical complexities. That should be adequate evidence that HamTestOnline.Com combined with one’s hard work, intense focus, and major commitment can help almost anyone achieve their goals in the area of ham radio licensing.

HamTestOnline's approach to learning gives incremental and sequential pieces of information that build on one another and are integrated into a comprehensive and coherent whole. Their website is so interactive that it's able to detect what I learned, what I was struggling to learn, and to provide just the right amount of remedial education.

When I was first studying for the Technician exam
    someone told me at a ham club meeting that the Extra exam would "kick your b***". HamTestOnline gave me the confidence to go all the way.

KC4YBO Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2016 20:37 Send this review to a friend
    Extra ? YES I DID  Time owned: more than 12 months
    Even an old dog can learn with Ham Test Online. I am in mid 70's and the pool clock was ticking. Really concentrated last 3 weeks of May.Studied 38 hrs according to chart in program. PASSED EXTRA 6/4/16. Smile is still on my face. Follow the study guides they give you. Don't get frustrated just go around a section. Study guide will bring it back later.Have fun with studying and know the team at HToL is there for you.

K3WKM Rating: 5/5 Jun 11, 2016 15:21 Send this review to a friend
    Worked for me!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    Ace'd the Extra first try...follow the Study Tips, it's the right approach to learning the material and passing the test. Goes beyond just memorization and gives you a clear understanding of each subject. Good luck! Have Fun!

AF7ZY Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2016 11:23 Send this review to a friend
    Great way to pass the tests!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
    I was able to finish Tech, General and Amateur Extra class in a three month period. No classes, no hassles. My lowest score was 90%. Just keep studying until you are able to get a high score! Hamtestonline remembers your weak spots and keeps asking you those questions until you learn them. Take a simulated test as many times as you like, then go back to study and Hamtestonline asks you all your missed questions until they are learned. Then go take the real test with confidence.
    Certainly I do not understand much of the math, but no worries, learn the answers anyway.

K4NSX Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2016 13:45 Send this review to a friend
    Outstanding!  Time owned: more than 12 months
    I passed my Extra Class today after only two weeks of study on HamTestOnline!

N7MOT Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2016 20:39 Send this review to a friend
    An Excellent Ham Test Study Resource!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    The HamTestOnline website was instrumental in helping me get motivated and to pass my Extra class exam. I knew I wanted to pass it before the exam change in July, but I had a little trouble getting motivated to start. Following the site's instructions, I began in the study area, setting a goal for taking the test 10 days later. I averaged 1.5 study hours per day during that period. I started taking practice exams the day prior to the test, and while a couple of my grades were a little low, they were all passing. I took the test and passed without a problem. Thanks to the adaptive question techniques, which helped me get through some of the more problematic questions. I just wish I had found HamTestOnline site prior to spending $$ on an ARRL study guide. There's nothing wrong with their guide, but reading from a book just wasn't as motivating as the mixture of materials and integrated progress testing on HamTestOnline.

I give it five stars for a well thought-out site.

DF8FY Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2016 18:05 Send this review to a friend
    Top Online Exam Prep  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    After having been licensed in Germany since 1975 (DF8FY) I (finally) had to get my US Callsign. I subscribed to Hamtest Online in early April of 2016 and studied for Tech + General for about 3 weeks. Passed both exams on April 30, 2016 at NVCON in Vegas without any problems. This is a great tool; one can pull it up on a computer/smartphone. Kudoz - Mission accomplished, Well Done. Thanks Tilman - K7FFY

N1VIN Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2016 17:48 Send this review to a friend
    Excellent Test Prep  Time owned: more than 12 months
    HamTestOnline is top notch in preparing you for the exams. I used for Technician, General and Extra and passed all 3 with ease. Their intuitive algorithm catches your weak areas and repeats questions on those topics. Study mode worked great for me, and once you are getting in the 90th percentile on practice exams you are ready for your VE session.

K4OOO Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2016 14:25 Send this review to a friend
    It's the best!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    On 21MAY16, I took the test for Extra after studying for 30 days. Although I did not "Ace" it, I only missed 3 of 50. I have taken practice exams from other web sites, and at best only scored between 60 and 70 percent - far from passing. In taking this course, it's like a silent instructor is in the room watching over your shoulder. Wrong answers are explained, references are there as you go along, and what I thought was really great is that the algorithm keeps track of your weaknesses and strengths, and periodically brings back the questions you're weak on until you get them right.

Our club will be putting a link to HamTestOnline on our web site.