Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | HamTestOnline Help

Reviews Summary for HamTestOnline
HamTestOnline Reviews: 434 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $24.95
Description:
  • Technician: $24.95
  • General: $29.95
  • Extra: $34.95
  • Canadian Basic: $34.95
  • Canadian Advanced: $29.95

Web-based training for the ham radio written exams.

• Quick, easy way to learn.
  • Better than random practice tests.
  • Provides additional information.
  • Presents concepts in logical order.
  • Tracks your progress on each question.
  • Focuses on your weak areas with “intelligent repetition”
  • Better than books — question drill keeps you engaged.
  • Web-based system — study when you want, at your own pace.
  • 100% guaranteed — you pass the exam or get your money back.
  • Free trial includes 50 questions from each exam.
  • Product is in production.
    More info: http://www.hamtestonline.com/

You can write your own review of the HamTestOnline.

N4MBN Rating: 5/5 Nov 7, 2014 08:16 Send this review to a friend
    Excellent learning tool!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
    I never thought that I would pass my extra exam. At age 67 with little math background I figured it would be impossible.

I was wrong.

With this software learning tool I passed missing only 4 questions. Yes, I did have to study but that only made it better when I passed. My wife was amazed that I passed as she could not even read the questions. (She does have a master's degree.)

Thank you HamTestOnline for making it possible.
    David N4MBN

KM4AVY Rating: 5/5 Nov 3, 2014 15:24 Send this review to a friend
    Outstanding investment  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    This is an excellent way to learn the material for the test. Not only do you learn the information, but you learn the question pool too. Very informative teaching aides and if there is a problem area, they keep grilling you until you get the subject matter. I went from Technician class to General class with two weeks of studying approx. 1hr. a day. Don't hesitate...just do it!!!!!

W5RCP Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2014 13:04 Send this review to a friend
    18 Days to Extra  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    Eighteen days to Extra Class. I could never have done without Hamtestonline.com. I was a Novice for nineteen years, a Tech Plus for two weeks and a General Class for fifteen years. I tried all the books and never got any further than page three. This program is phenomenal.
    I thank them for being there...
    Ron Pearson
    W5RCP/E

AF5UC Rating: 5/5 Oct 31, 2014 14:17 Send this review to a friend
    Outstanding Learning Method  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    Am 72 with no prior experience in radio or electronics. Have tried several other study methods license manuals books and would get discouraged and give up on them. Found HamTestOnline. After 30 days of study Aced the Tec and easily passed the General in one test session. Signed up for the extra and 30 days later Aced the Extra. If someone my age could pass all three tests in 60 days anyone could pass their license test with HamTestOnline. Using any other method to get a ham license would be a waste of money. Thank you guys at Ham Test. I could not have made it without your superior teaching methods. Job well done.

WA7OZT Rating: 5/5 Oct 26, 2014 18:34 Send this review to a friend
    SUPURB !!!  Time owned: months
    Not just memorizing ...you actually learn how to do the computations and how they arrive at the answers...Been studying for the Extra for 4 years. with this method, I learned more and retained more then with any other methods....Excellent system.

AF7LT Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2014 07:37 Send this review to a friend
    Well worth it.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    This method of learning is terrific for those who have Adhd and need to learn both the General and The Extra tests together. I could after a bit of distraction come back to where I had last studied and continued. I passed them both on the 15th. No regrets using this online software. 73's Ke7iej /ae .

KC3DHI Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2014 11:06 Send this review to a friend
    Excelant Instruction Method  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
    I couldn't have made General level without studing on HamTestOnline

KG5DLE Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2014 06:04 Send this review to a friend
    Great Way to Study  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
    I used HamTestOnline to pass all three of my exams in 60 days. I found its easy to spend a couple of hours a day studying and I like the way the material is presented. It continues to cycle back and build gradually until you have mastered the material. It adds interesting facts to the study and bits of humor that that takes some of the dryness out of studying. I would recommend highly.

W2UIS Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2014 09:27 Send this review to a friend
    Not for me!  Time owned: more than 12 months
    I agree HamTest is a great way to study for FCC exams, be aware it's not for everyone. I've tried for years to use this system to upgrade to Extra class without success. I just can't get motivated to spend time every day going over the material with HamTest. My subscription is about to runout in October for the second or third time. No plan to renew. I think the reason for my failure is Extra class doesn't offer anyhing more that a few frequencies to call cq. When I became a Ham in 1980 my goal was Technician class to work vhf/uhf fm, I surpassed that goal.

KD6MDV Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2014 21:03 Send this review to a friend
    Just Do It!!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
    Had a friend who was upgrading and needed a ride to the test so I decided after 13 years of being a General to upgrade. This program is truly tailored to your learning needs. I was impressed with how the program "learned" my weak spots and drilled me on them. The background material is great and easy to read for a non technical person. Also the fact that I could access it from any computer was a great benefit in finding the time to study.