Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | HamTestOnline Help

Reviews Summary for HamTestOnline
HamTestOnline Reviews: 588 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $24.95
  • Technician: $24.95
  • General: $29.95
  • Extra: $34.95

Web-based training for the ham radio written exams.

• Quick, easy way to learn.
  • Better than random practice tests.
  • Provides additional information.
  • Presents concepts in logical order.
  • Tracks your progress on each question.
  • Focuses on your weak areas with “intelligent repetition”
  • Better than books — question drill keeps you engaged.
  • Web-based system — study when you want, at your own pace.
  • 100% guaranteed — you pass the exam or get your money back.
  • Free trial includes 50 questions from each exam.
  • Product is in production.

You can write your own review of the HamTestOnline.

KK6KKK Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2016 16:34 Send this review to a friend
    Excellent Resource  Time owned: more than 12 months
    I used this service for General and Extra. I believe it saved me a lot of time, was easy to use, portable (I used an iPad), and gave me the confidence to know I was ready.

I HIGHLY recommend this product/service.
    GREGWTH7MMMAG Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2016 16:52 Send this review to a friend
    Great way to study  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    My father used this site to study for his tests, and passed all three in one sitting. After being a general for a few years, I finally got the itch to upgrade. It was coming up for the new extra test questions to come out, so I did a massive cram, for 9 days, using hamtestonline for the extra test. When it came time to take the test, I passed solidly. It doesn't just help you remember the answers, it also teaches you how things work. I actually learned a few things from it. I recommend it to anyone thinking of taking any ham test.

KD4IZ Rating: 4/5 Aug 13, 2016 09:02 Send this review to a friend
    Was a big help.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    After 35 years of relatively little activity on the bands, I decided to take the extra exam. It wasn't difficult to get back into theory and general knowledge.The HamTestOnline material made it much less challenging than I expected. The review material is well organized and cuts to the chase. The priority algorithm they use to focus the students review on missed example questions was a real plus. I used their web study guide for two weeks every day for an hour or two and took the exam at the first opportunity this AM.
    My one "complaint" about the program was that I had one annoying issue working through the study questions using Safari on an iPad; sometimes when I touch selected an answer, I was taken to a blank page and had to use the backup function to return to the question select the correct answer again. - It is the only reason I did not score it as great.
    I was pleasantly surprised to find that I earned a perfect score on the exam. I highly recommend this course of study.
    KE8DWQ Rating: 5/5 Aug 9, 2016 09:21 Send this review to a friend
    Great exam prep website!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
    I used HamTestOnline to successfully prepare for Technician, General and Extra exams. Thanks to this excellent product, I was able to pass each exam on the first attempt within several months. The online study lessons are comprehensive, and the practice exams accurately match the test question pool. You can adjust the study and test parameters to drill on problem subject areas. Plus, after you logout of each session, HamTestOnline remembers exactly where you left off. By the way, a subscription lasts 2 years so there is a lot of time to use the product before it expires. In addition, recently the Extra exam question pool changed, and HamTestOnline was perfectly in sync. Finally, you can see how your study question and practice exam scores rank with other users as motivation. HamTestOnline makes getting your Ham tickets easy, and I highly recommend it for any license level!
    AG6ZE Rating: 5/5 Aug 5, 2016 10:57 Send this review to a friend
    Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
    I used HamTestOnline and passed all three tests up to Extra in a single exam sitting. It is a wonderful resource. I recommend pairing the service with other study resources and reference materials to gain greater insight into the materials being tested. The ability to take practice exams makes all the difference, and makes you confident on the day of the test. Also, the software reinforces your weak areas by repeating missed questions more often.

I then proceeded to FCCTESTONLINE, following the same method: study reference materials and practice the questions. I passed Elements 1, 3 and 8 (RADAR) on the first try, for the commercial General Radiotelephone Operator License with RADAR endorsement. Although the FCCTESTONLINE service currently lacks the explanations and commentary that are available on HAMTESTONLINE, it is nevertheless an invaluable resource. Now, on to GMDSS Operator/Maintainer license, elements 7 and 9. Highly, highly recommended.
    N4OYT Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2016 14:31 Send this review to a friend
    wundermus  Time owned: months
    three days of study(retired)worked well for me...
    took many practice tests,,lowest score a 94%..had to wait two weeks for exam session...missed only
    one question...had been out of study mode for 30 yrs. but Han test online brought me right up to date and speed in short order..I highly recommend
    it to all!
    N6CHK Rating: 5/5 Jul 23, 2016 16:22 Send this review to a friend
    Excellent Source of Information  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    HamTestOnline makes it so easy to pass your Ham Radio Tests. Take their study methods first until you feel confident enough to take the practice tests. I was able to pass my Extra exam within 15 days of study using HamTestOnline.
    K5EDD Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2016 10:22 Send this review to a friend
    Got my Extra  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    It works!
    Thanks to Ham-Test online I am now an Extra Class.
    I have held the Advanced Class for about 40 years and had no need or intention to upgrade. I am a Volunteer Examiner with local club and can give the Tech and General test. One of the other V.E.'s told me about Ham-Test online offering free subscription for V.E.'s to upgrade to Extra Class. Well with no Cost Comes No Excuse and we could always use another Extra Class V.E.
    When I first started I thought wow things sure have changed in 40 years but little by little I started getting more and more correct till I felt like I was ready. It Works guys, takes a little effort but any thing worth having does. Passed my Extra Class last night 7/12/16, 40 years in the making. 14 days of on off studding to pass.

Ed/ K5EDD
    K2DEG Rating: 5/5 Jul 14, 2016 13:15 Send this review to a friend
    Superb interactive softtware for the beginner or to upgrade   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
    I highly recommend HamTestOnline to anyone looking to get their first license or upgrade to a higher one. The program is a great tool to use for the beginner or one looking to upgrade to a higher liscense and is very interactive. The course emphasizes learning the material rather than just memorizing the answers. The software is constantly going over your weak areas by reasking the questions you are missing and gives you study references at the same time. There is lots of repetition to reinforce the learning process. I hit the computer in 30 minutes sessions once or twice a day and was able to up grade to Extra class on one attempt after being stuck as an advanced for more than 50 years. HamTestOnline is an excellent learning tool and if you put in the time you will absolutely pass the exam. This is the best program I have found to advance through the ranks of amateur radio and would recommend it without reservation.
    KB7AVB Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2016 14:07 Send this review to a friend
    Passed Extra  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I always wanted to upgrade my license and have been putting it off. I came across HamTestOnline and gave it a shot. 137 hours later I took the Extra exam and passed with a 96%. I definitely recommend HamTestOnline to all. Thanks again.