Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | HamTestOnline Help

Reviews Summary for HamTestOnline
HamTestOnline Reviews: 409 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $24.95
Description:
  • Technician: $24.95
  • General: $29.95
  • Extra: $34.95
  • Canadian Basic: $34.95
  • Canadian Advanced: $29.95

Web-based training for the ham radio written exams.

• Quick, easy way to learn.
  • Better than random practice tests.
  • Provides additional information.
  • Presents concepts in logical order.
  • Tracks your progress on each question.
  • Focuses on your weak areas with “intelligent repetition”
  • Better than books — question drill keeps you engaged.
  • Web-based system — study when you want, at your own pace.
  • 100% guaranteed — you pass the exam or get your money back.
  • Free trial includes 50 questions from each exam.
  • Product is in production.
    More info: http://www.hamtestonline.com/

You can write your own review of the HamTestOnline.

N7SJY Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2014 20:07 Send this review to a friend
    Very Sucessful  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
    I studied the software to get my General License and was very successful. So I thought I would try it to get my Extra Class License and I was successful again. I would suggest that anybody trying to get their amateur radio licenses use this software. Ham TestOnline.

KM4AJZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2014 10:41 Send this review to a friend
    KM4AJZ  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I passed all three exams in less than 3 months. I used Ham Test Online to study for all three. I also used Gordon West's Extra Class book to augment the material on Ham Test Online Extra exam part. West's book has an explanation for each question on the test something that was not always clear on Ham Test Online. I believe he also has books covering the Technician and General class exams I highly recommend the Ham Test Online software as an excellent way to discipline yourself and study for the various exams. I found the ARRL manuals to be basically useless, especially on the Extra Exam part. Now I will start studying Morse Code using the Koch method. I expect that will take longer and is not covered in Ham Test Online.

KE7IIS Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2014 20:38 Send this review to a friend
    Your method led me through the questions and study methods.   Time owned: months
    I passed the test first sitting.I am now Extra licensed. Your system enabled me to grasp the concepts very quickly and accurately. I was having problems grasping the material until I enrolled in your program. Best $$$ I have ever spent. I recommend your program to anyone wanting to be licensed as a Ham. Michael A Pastore

KB1YJF Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2014 05:51 Send this review to a friend
    Great way to study  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    After purchasing the ARRL's Extra Class Manual and reading threw it I realized there was a LOT for me to learn. To be honest I was a bit overwhelmed. The book is jam packed with information and it takes a fair amount of time to read/study it. To be honest I worked on it for about a year for a hour or two per day. I did make progress and I was doing better and better on the practice exams but I still could not pass them on a regular basis. Another ham suggested HamTestOnline and I decided it would work for me. I set a goal to take the exam at a local HamFest that was about 10 days away. I studied using HamTestOnline for about 3-4 hours a day. I also used "YouTube" for some online help with the math while I was at the computer. HamTestOnline will let you know when you are ready to take the exam and I passed the Extra Exam on the first try. Without using HamTestOnline I think it would have taken me at least another year or two to pass.

K0NGO Rating: 2/5 Jun 11, 2014 15:41 Send this review to a friend
    Has some problems ...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    Unlike the other reviews, I have had some problems with this online program. I am a Tech, studying for the General exam. I am about 25% through the course. First (and most annoying), the program will give you some info about a subject, then give questions the answers for which have not been covered (and are not tech material). Then, with a string of CORRECT answers, will suddenly reduce your correct percentage for no apparent reason. Finally, some of the links given are no longer valid. This could be a fantastic study program, but someone needs to look over the latest version and correct these problems!

KK4MGK Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2014 05:07 Send this review to a friend
    Awesome learning tool  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I was General class VE and, took advantage of the free Extra Class course that they give. All I can say it is an absolutely excellent program that don't just teach questions and answers but actually teaches what you need to know. After about a week of nose to the grindstone studying I was able to pass my extra exam with no problem. I would recommend this program to anyone looking to achieve or upgrade.It really does work.

KK4VUZ Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2014 09:38 Send this review to a friend
    All positive, Wish I had found you first.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    My experience is that I started from a knowledge base that included almost no understanding of anything electrical. I tried a book, I tried an audio CD, I tried online testing but it wasn't until I found HamTestOnline that I began to make progress. I had an excellence experience and would recommend this study guide to anyone who is struggling with the General Class information.

W8FUH Rating: 5/5 May 27, 2014 06:50 Send this review to a friend
    Best way to learn  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I have to echo the sentiments of some of the other reviewers here: BE CAREFUL! You might just learn something!!

Just as advertised, if you're studying for the extra exam, it will take you roughly 30 hours and you'll be more than ready. Despite what they say, you'll find that you've memorized a good number of the answers, but that's ok...you'll still pass. I got 49/50 (can't believe I even missed one, LOL!).

The course is far and away the best way to get ready for any ham radio test. Take advantage of the simulated exam, the random exam and the "weak" area exams and you'll do just fine. It's worth the money, and you can log on anytime, anywhere (MUCH better than using a book, IMHO).

Very well done program and I highly recommend to others. Good luck :-)

KF7QHQ Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2014 21:56 Send this review to a friend
    Excellent Resource  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I used HamTestOnline as my primary study tool for the Extra license upgrade. It was GREAT. I was able to focus on problem areas and expose weak areas. I learned more than just passing the exam which will reward me for years to come. I passed the test with 96% after using this product for about two weeks. It was a great value and provides a stepping stone to further learning, and of course a new rating.

K4ROX Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2014 09:52 Send this review to a friend
    Excellant  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    This is the way to pass the tests. Much better than just going over the question pool.

Be careful though, you might actually learn something in the process.