Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | HamTestOnline Help

Reviews Summary for HamTestOnline
HamTestOnline Reviews: 405 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $24.95
Description:
  • Technician: $24.95
  • General: $29.95
  • Extra: $34.95
  • Canadian Basic: $34.95
  • Canadian Advanced: $29.95

Web-based training for the ham radio written exams.

• Quick, easy way to learn.
  • Better than random practice tests.
  • Provides additional information.
  • Presents concepts in logical order.
  • Tracks your progress on each question.
  • Focuses on your weak areas with “intelligent repetition”
  • Better than books — question drill keeps you engaged.
  • Web-based system — study when you want, at your own pace.
  • 100% guaranteed — you pass the exam or get your money back.
  • Free trial includes 50 questions from each exam.
  • Product is in production.
    More info: http://www.hamtestonline.com/

You can write your own review of the HamTestOnline.

K0NGO Rating: 2/5 Jun 11, 2014 15:41 Send this review to a friend
    Has some problems ...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    Unlike the other reviews, I have had some problems with this online program. I am a Tech, studying for the General exam. I am about 25% through the course. First (and most annoying), the program will give you some info about a subject, then give questions the answers for which have not been covered (and are not tech material). Then, with a string of CORRECT answers, will suddenly reduce your correct percentage for no apparent reason. Finally, some of the links given are no longer valid. This could be a fantastic study program, but someone needs to look over the latest version and correct these problems!

KK4MGK Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2014 05:07 Send this review to a friend
    Awesome learning tool  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I was General class VE and, took advantage of the free Extra Class course that they give. All I can say it is an absolutely excellent program that don't just teach questions and answers but actually teaches what you need to know. After about a week of nose to the grindstone studying I was able to pass my extra exam with no problem. I would recommend this program to anyone looking to achieve or upgrade.It really does work.

KK4VUZ Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2014 09:38 Send this review to a friend
    All positive, Wish I had found you first.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    My experience is that I started from a knowledge base that included almost no understanding of anything electrical. I tried a book, I tried an audio CD, I tried online testing but it wasn't until I found HamTestOnline that I began to make progress. I had an excellence experience and would recommend this study guide to anyone who is struggling with the General Class information.

W8FUH Rating: 5/5 May 27, 2014 06:50 Send this review to a friend
    Best way to learn  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I have to echo the sentiments of some of the other reviewers here: BE CAREFUL! You might just learn something!!

Just as advertised, if you're studying for the extra exam, it will take you roughly 30 hours and you'll be more than ready. Despite what they say, you'll find that you've memorized a good number of the answers, but that's ok...you'll still pass. I got 49/50 (can't believe I even missed one, LOL!).

The course is far and away the best way to get ready for any ham radio test. Take advantage of the simulated exam, the random exam and the "weak" area exams and you'll do just fine. It's worth the money, and you can log on anytime, anywhere (MUCH better than using a book, IMHO).

Very well done program and I highly recommend to others. Good luck :-)

KF7QHQ Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2014 21:56 Send this review to a friend
    Excellent Resource  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I used HamTestOnline as my primary study tool for the Extra license upgrade. It was GREAT. I was able to focus on problem areas and expose weak areas. I learned more than just passing the exam which will reward me for years to come. I passed the test with 96% after using this product for about two weeks. It was a great value and provides a stepping stone to further learning, and of course a new rating.

K4ROX Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2014 09:52 Send this review to a friend
    Excellant  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    This is the way to pass the tests. Much better than just going over the question pool.

Be careful though, you might actually learn something in the process.

W1MPR Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2014 13:00 Send this review to a friend
    Great test prep  Time owned: more than 12 months
    I used this program to pass my extra class test today with a perfect score - so it works! This program will help you pass the test, but learning the actual material requires additional resources. I highly recommend this product.

NE5C Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2014 01:09 Send this review to a friend
    Fantastic Study  Time owned: more than 12 months
    Ham Test online is absolutely the best way I ever found to Study. The Software program helps you with the items that you don't know, by coming back and repeating questions you incorrectly answered until you have learned. Not only is the question there but links to the learning materials are there also. All I can know is this was the best way I ever used to prepare.

KD8RML Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2014 07:25 Send this review to a friend
    Great  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
    After studying publications for about 6 months, I used HamTestOnline to test myself and be ready for the actual exam. Being able to pass the Amateur Extra takes some learning and understanding the material covered, not just memorizing answers. HTO covered some topics in a way that paper could not do. I am not an electronics engineer, or a math genius, but I was able to comprehend the question & answers enough to pass with 96% correct. However, being an active ham will teach a person so much about theory and operation, rules and regulation that some of the questions are easily answered.
    KD8RML

KC0MPQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2014 00:53 Send this review to a friend
    Good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    Spent 4 nights studying 20 hours total. Did read a little of the ARRL Extra book but used this 95%. Just passed the test. It worked for me and I did not need a calculator. After learning what I could it would just ask me what I couldn't learn over and over again until I could commit the right answer to memory. It told me to scheduled an exam. I did and passed with 44. I think the key is to commit the time then do the exam right away especially if you have issues with the math like I do.