Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | HamTestOnline Help

Reviews Summary for HamTestOnline
HamTestOnline Reviews: 402 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $24.95
Description:
  • Technician: $24.95
  • General: $29.95
  • Extra: $34.95
  • Canadian Basic: $34.95
  • Canadian Advanced: $29.95

Web-based training for the ham radio written exams.

• Quick, easy way to learn.
  • Better than random practice tests.
  • Provides additional information.
  • Presents concepts in logical order.
  • Tracks your progress on each question.
  • Focuses on your weak areas with “intelligent repetition”
  • Better than books — question drill keeps you engaged.
  • Web-based system — study when you want, at your own pace.
  • 100% guaranteed — you pass the exam or get your money back.
  • Free trial includes 50 questions from each exam.
  • Product is in production.
    More info: http://www.hamtestonline.com/

You can write your own review of the HamTestOnline.

W8FUH Rating: 5/5 May 27, 2014 06:50 Send this review to a friend
    Best way to learn  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I have to echo the sentiments of some of the other reviewers here: BE CAREFUL! You might just learn something!!

Just as advertised, if you're studying for the extra exam, it will take you roughly 30 hours and you'll be more than ready. Despite what they say, you'll find that you've memorized a good number of the answers, but that's ok...you'll still pass. I got 49/50 (can't believe I even missed one, LOL!).

The course is far and away the best way to get ready for any ham radio test. Take advantage of the simulated exam, the random exam and the "weak" area exams and you'll do just fine. It's worth the money, and you can log on anytime, anywhere (MUCH better than using a book, IMHO).

Very well done program and I highly recommend to others. Good luck :-)

KF7QHQ Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2014 21:56 Send this review to a friend
    Excellent Resource  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I used HamTestOnline as my primary study tool for the Extra license upgrade. It was GREAT. I was able to focus on problem areas and expose weak areas. I learned more than just passing the exam which will reward me for years to come. I passed the test with 96% after using this product for about two weeks. It was a great value and provides a stepping stone to further learning, and of course a new rating.

K4ROX Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2014 09:52 Send this review to a friend
    Excellant  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    This is the way to pass the tests. Much better than just going over the question pool.

Be careful though, you might actually learn something in the process.

W1MPR Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2014 13:00 Send this review to a friend
    Great test prep  Time owned: more than 12 months
    I used this program to pass my extra class test today with a perfect score - so it works! This program will help you pass the test, but learning the actual material requires additional resources. I highly recommend this product.

NE5C Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2014 01:09 Send this review to a friend
    Fantastic Study  Time owned: more than 12 months
    Ham Test online is absolutely the best way I ever found to Study. The Software program helps you with the items that you don't know, by coming back and repeating questions you incorrectly answered until you have learned. Not only is the question there but links to the learning materials are there also. All I can know is this was the best way I ever used to prepare.

KD8RML Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2014 07:25 Send this review to a friend
    Great  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
    After studying publications for about 6 months, I used HamTestOnline to test myself and be ready for the actual exam. Being able to pass the Amateur Extra takes some learning and understanding the material covered, not just memorizing answers. HTO covered some topics in a way that paper could not do. I am not an electronics engineer, or a math genius, but I was able to comprehend the question & answers enough to pass with 96% correct. However, being an active ham will teach a person so much about theory and operation, rules and regulation that some of the questions are easily answered.
    KD8RML

KC0MPQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2014 00:53 Send this review to a friend
    Good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    Spent 4 nights studying 20 hours total. Did read a little of the ARRL Extra book but used this 95%. Just passed the test. It worked for me and I did not need a calculator. After learning what I could it would just ask me what I couldn't learn over and over again until I could commit the right answer to memory. It told me to scheduled an exam. I did and passed with 44. I think the key is to commit the time then do the exam right away especially if you have issues with the math like I do.

W7CXW Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2014 17:21 Send this review to a friend
    Superb  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I passed my Tech & General exams on a Saturday morning & had used other, free Internet study guides for them. That afternoon, I researched study guides for the Extra Class exam & chose HTO due to its great reviews. After approx. 20 hours of studying during the next two weeks (be forewarned: there's lots of repetition), I took the Extra Class exam & scored a perfect 50. Thank you, HTO.

Richard Wills
    W7CXW
    Seattle

KK4CPC Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2014 17:35 Send this review to a friend
    Fantastic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    What an excellent study tool.
    I hit a wall using the print study guides for the Extra Class test. Ham Test Online knocked down the wall and made it possible for me to score a 98% on the test.
    I found myself having fun while studying.
    If you use this method of study, You WILL Pass your next test.

KN5GLA Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2014 20:04 Send this review to a friend
    Outstanding !  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
    Ham Radio and all that goes with it was a new world for me – I had zero experience and at 70 years of age, learning new things is not as easy as it once was. I studied with HamTestOnLine for for about a month before I took the Tech License test – and I passed with 33 out of 35 – so I decided to take the General test as well and got through that with the same score on the same day. The “Study” section is the way to go – review the material and read the explanations –the system finds your weak areas and focuses reviews on those till you get it right a number of times -- then take the practice tests several times. The instruction is presented just the way I seem to learn things and it worked well for me. I have now taken and passed the Amateur Extra License test with 47 out of 50 six months after I took the Technician test – I had confidence going in and flew through the test in about 30 minutes or so. It’s only a hard test if you don’t know the material and HamTestOnLine makes sure you know the material backwards and forwards -- and makes it fun in the process.