Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | HamTestOnline Help

Reviews Summary for HamTestOnline
HamTestOnline Reviews: 639 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $24.95
Description:
  • Technician: $24.95
  • General: $29.95
  • Extra: $34.95

Web-based training for the ham radio written exams.

• Quick, easy way to learn.
  • Better than random practice tests.
  • Provides additional information.
  • Presents concepts in logical order.
  • Tracks your progress on each question.
  • Focuses on your weak areas with “intelligent repetition”
  • Better than books — question drill keeps you engaged.
  • Web-based system — study when you want, at your own pace.
  • 100% guaranteed — you pass the exam or get your money back.
  • Free trial includes 50 questions from each exam.
  • Product is in production.
    More info: http://www.hamtestonline.com/

You can write your own review of the HamTestOnline.

W5XNA Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2017 18:58 Send this review to a friend
    Well Worth the Time and Money  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
    I used HTO to supplement the General exam class that my club offered. I used the study mode until the last week before the exam and then took many practice tests. I got 35/35 correct!

On the Amateur Extra, I relied solely on HTO with the same study and practice strategy. I just recently passed with 47/50 correct.

HTO works!

ROKETDOC Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2017 13:32 Send this review to a friend
    Quick study  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    As a 71 year old and haven't studied in years this was just what I needed. Passed tech 1 month ago and passed my generals last weekend (one month). Could not have done it without HTo.
    KN4BOM

AC8YU Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2017 09:29 Send this review to a friend
    Great study guide  Time owned: more than 12 months
    I passed my Amateur Extra exam on 3/18/2107, I had used HamTest Online to help study for my General and as a brushup for Extra.

Never really studied for the Extra exam, but this tool and its CAT approach, to me, was essential in helping me understand some of the areas I had some trouble with.

This is a valuable tool for anyone seeking to study for all three amateur radio exams!

KG4TTT Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2017 06:09 Send this review to a friend
    Helped me pass my General  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    Much better than the book. Passed with a 35 out of 35. Didn't even question myself. It is the way to go to study for your tests. Will be using it to get my Extra here soon.

W4FAS Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2017 06:50 Send this review to a friend
    Outstanding Product  Time owned: more than 12 months
    I am a senior citizen and this program helped me pass my EXTRA EXAM with 48 of 50 questions answered correctly. It is truly an outstanding test preparation tool. I actually felt confident while taking the test. The program is structured such that it optimizes your ability to assimilate a fairly large amount of material in a reasonable amount of time.
    My 80th birthday is next week and I plan on droping some hints to my XYL of 56yrs. like " now that I have my EXTRA I really need another antenna."
    I should note that I had some serious health issues after initally purchasing the program but after stopping my studying efforts I was able to get my license within a month of starting again.

KX4BU Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2017 15:49 Send this review to a friend
    Studied 3 weeks & aced both Tech & Extra tests!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I'm 74 and retired. I signed up for all 3 courses. Averaging one per week, I felt fully prepared to take the Technician and Extra tests immediately afterwards. I aced both of them! Thank you John C.

AC2UX Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2017 21:53 Send this review to a friend
    Excellent Program!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    It helped me pass Extra with a 98% score.

K8PRG Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2017 10:01 Send this review to a friend
    I thank Ham Test Online! I couldn't have done it without you!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I'm not a quick learner...never have been. I have to keep going over material over and over again for it to sink in.
    Well that is what Ham Test Online makes you do, in a very painless way.
    I highly recommend it and I will to anyone I hear that is preparing to upgrade.
    I'm happy to be an Extra now, and I can honestly say, I doubt I could have passed the exam without Ham Test Online.

KC1FLG Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2017 08:26 Send this review to a friend
    How Sweet It Is!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
    I was skeptical at first being an auditory and kinetic learner, but with HamTestOnline I learned fairly quickly and was able to pass my General Exam yesterday (March 21 2017) with only four incorrect answers! I highly recommend this as a way to study for all your exams!

GRETTKE Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2017 21:22 Send this review to a friend
    Learn more than required to earn your licenses in less time tha  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    HamTestOnline (HTO) helps you learn more than required to earn your licenses in less time than every other method. HTO does it by maximizing your learning. That unique feature defines its super-power differentiating itself from every other approach.

After completing both the Technician and General exam you will find yourself staring at Amateur Extra (Extra) and it is scary and intimidating. Unlike the first two exams now you must understand the concepts completely. You will never pass Extra using memorization, or any other “cheater” methods. You must understand the concepts, their implementation and consequences, or you will never pass.

For example consider the section on semiconductors. You must understand the pros and cons of using them, their construction and their operation at the atomic level.

If you understand all three, then it is possible to pass the exam. If you fail to understand just one of them, then the questions are too difficult. In fact, you will probably get most of them wrong because they are strung together. Nearly all of the questions are like that. You fail on one aspect of a single topic and next thing you know, you’ve got seven wrong answers in a row. If you want to learn everything and more required to pass the exam then you must study using HTO because it works. There is no magic with HTO.

HTO’s method is to study each subject’s topics in their logical order. This feature alone sets it apart from other study methods which follow the question pool which at times includes items that are wildly out of order. Then as you work through questions from the question pool it takes note of both your strengths and weaknesses. Based on what it learns about you, it starts choosing areas from the question pool that help solidify your strong areas and strengthen your weak areas. It helps you learn exactly what you need to get confident and stay confident. There is no magic with HTO. HTO provides something even better, true learning.

HTO helps you learn. Learning makes you feel good. HTO doesn’t force you to learn though. Your effort is required. Your time is required. Nobody ever failed their licensing exam because they studied too much, right? Is HTO some kind of weird magical cheating approach? No, but you should still be a skeptic because passing the Extra costs you a lot of time, effort and dedication and you should get the most out of every single minute doing it. Your time is valuable and I don’t want you to waste it, and neither do you!

Don’t take my word for it. You can try it out now for free (it is all online). Find out for yourself if you enjoy and value this approach. When you study for your Technician license using HTO, you get a 100% money back guarantee if you fail the test. Then again if you use HTO and you put in the time and get your score up to the passing level, then you will pass. It is entirely up to you.

All three exams combined are so difficult, that passing them requires weeks and weeks of study). It brings to mind the famous Abe Lincoln quote about facing challenges, exemplified by his story about chomping down a monstrous cherry tree:

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.
    HTO is the sharpening wheel. You are the axe.

Sharpen it well, and you will chop down that tree faster, more easily and learning more than you could have ever imagined.