Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Clocks | Radio Shack Big Digit Timer with Clock #63-938 Help

Reviews Summary for Radio Shack Big Digit Timer with Clock #63-938
Radio Shack Big Digit Timer with Clock #63-938 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $$19.95
Description: Another RS clock deal. Features big LCD readout with day and date, plus a countdown timer. Has 24-hour setting; so you can display UTC. Runs long on AAA batteries. Sometimes on sale for even less than list price. Sweet.
More info: http://www.radioshack.org

You can write your own review of the Radio Shack Big Digit Timer with Clock #63-938.

N8BY Rating: 5/5 Feb 3, 2006 15:55 Send this review to a friend
Great Wall Clock  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Never Knew that Clock Reviews were put on here till today. This is the Clock that hangs on My shack wall. Its been up for 4 months hasnt lost a Second yet. I would give it a 10 if the scale went up that high. 73 Rick

KU4UV Rating: 4/5 Aug 15, 2004 18:57 Send this review to a friend
Nice Ham Shack Clock  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I picked this clock up several months ago based mainly on the good reviews I saw here on eham. I picked the clock up for around $20 at one of the local Radio Shack stores. The clock runs off of 3 AAA batteries. The digits are large, and I have found that the clock is pretty accurate. After several months of use, I have found that the clock typically may lose about 2 or 3 seconds every few weeks. I typically set all of the clocks in my apartment to WWV about every two weeks or so, so that I know they are accurate. This is a nice clock for any hamshack, and it is easy on the eyes. Before I bought the clock, I was typically using my watch to record UTC time and date. This clock makes logging contacts so much easier. I would reccomend the clock for a clock within it's price range.

W2WJO Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2004 21:05 Send this review to a friend
Perfect! 2 of them on the wall, EST, UTC!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been searching all over for perfect dual zone lcd or led of any kind of digital clocks for easy, quick recognition of local time and UTC. Nearly bought things that cost hundreds of dollars just to get that simple concept done. Stumbled across these at Radio Shack, they're PERFECT, BIG, clear digits. got TWO of them mounted on the wall just above the rig and computer monitor so without any toggling I get local and Zulu time AND day/date. And as for the previous review about the Rat Shack name - that's where I stuck the stickers that say "EASTERN" and "UTC/ZULU" so I don't even see the words Radio Shack!

LNXAUTHOR Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2003 22:35 Send this review to a friend
good for poor eyesight  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
- was looking for an inexpensive big-digit clock and saw this in a local Rat Shack... can't remember what i paid for it, but it was cheap enough...

- on the plus side: low power requirement/long life on battery, big digits, month/day/date on the display, inexpensive, built-in stand (self-standing)...

- on the minus side: no backlight, no toggling of local/UTC, built-in timer tedious to use (not needed for my application), and the Rat Shack name on the front...

KB1JPB Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2003 10:32 Send this review to a friend
Sweet  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I posted this. It's a fine cheap ham-ready clock.