Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | CW Type Help

Reviews Summary for CW Type
CW Type Reviews: 9 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: A cw keyboard program that runs well on most any Pentium computer
More info: http://www.dxsoft.com

You can write your own review of the CW Type.

N4WRE Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2017 08:14 Send this review to a friend
Great Program EASY to use  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got this little program by watching a Youtube video about 10 meter beacons. This software works perfect for that. If you already have your rig and computer connected it is very easy to connect right in the loop and go. Works perfect for me. A+++

73 N4WRE

ZS1CDG Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2016 01:53 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: months
Very easy to set up. Lots of macros for you to customize.

KD7RDZI2 Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2010 13:05 Send this review to a friend
best buy!  Time owned: more than 12 months
In fact it is freeware! It's super simple, or just super. Anybody in the animal reign can send perfect CW. Stunning! Makes CW as much easy as PSK, or easier!

F5TIL Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2010 12:42 Send this review to a friend
Very good software.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I use this program with the Winkeyer K1EL interface,It works very well.Thank you UA9OSV.

WA6KJN Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2009 05:32 Send this review to a friend
Pretty good program  Time owned: months
I download CW Type few days ago.. Built the simple opto isolator circuit and fitted it into a DB9 connector..plugs into the COM port on my ASUS MB computer I built.. Keys the rear key input on my FT2000D... Didn't work right off until I did the CW Type's set-up correctly.. I use the break-in & monitor features of the Yeasu... Works Great! Still learning some of the tricks this simple program has.. Sends code perfectly..
Will send off my $35 for sure..
Shell WA6KJN

KA4AXS Rating: 2/5 Apr 28, 2007 16:43 Send this review to a friend
Difficult translation to English  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Looks like simple software to operate but can't get it to transmit with my RigBlaster Plus due to difficulty in figuring out how to set up the Com Port. Should be an easy thing to do but with this software, the software is lost in translation from Russian to English.

KC0VGQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2007 11:35 Send this review to a friend
Hot Diggety  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Running this in conjunction with W1GEE parallel port cable, and couldn't be simpler. Seeing as how I have feets for fists, this fits like a glove (or would that be a sock?).

AB7JK Rating: 4/5 Dec 4, 2005 13:15 Send this review to a friend
Works well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I use it with a TS-830S in SSB mode by running audio from my soundcard to the mic input of my tranceiver. Very handy for casual QSOs but not suitable for DX or pileups where hi speed switching is necessary.

K8WV Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2003 20:24 Send this review to a friend
Simply GREAT!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It works and works well on my old 75MHz Pentium Toshiba laptop (you don't need a sound "card" to transmit -- and it's FREE!

If you're thinking of a memory keyer or keyboard, and have an old laptop (or desktop) computer around, download CW Type and try it. You'll need a simple cable. Try http://www.n3fjp.com/ for schematics to build or to purchase a very usable one by W1GEE (USD$30 including shipping in US, others USD$35).