Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | SPI-RO sloper VS-64 Help

Reviews Summary for SPI-RO sloper VS-64
Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $110.95$
Description: Vertical sloper 15 to 160 meters, 73' in the length.
More info: http://spiromfg.com/vertical_slopers.htm

You can write your own review of the SPI-RO sloper VS-64.

KI4DHB Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2011 16:55 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have used this antenna for a little over a month now. I can honestly say that the short length had me concerned at first, but the 59 signal reports have convinced me. The build quality is excellent, as are the parts. I ordered the heavy duty balun. I have the antenna mounted almost level, with a 12 gauge ground wire going down my mast to a 8 foot rod in the ground. Only about 6 inches sticks up from the ground rod. First contacts were to England and Scotland. Yes, the cycle is getting better, but really I was pleased. 80 and 160 meters are also very doable with this antenna.
Bob at Spiro answered my emails promptly, and provided my tracking number for me. Yes, I would recommend this antenna.

K4JAH Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2011 04:45 Send this review to a friend
excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this antenna for over 5 years. Needed something short and easy to use. This has fit the bill. very nice and well made. Jack

KC4QH Rating: 1/5 Feb 2, 2006 06:21 Send this review to a friend
Work 80-40. Support is non-existant  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
While I don't expect much performance on 160M with a '72 foot antenna, I did expect at least some resonance. Absolutely none on 160. Not the antenna's fault if it does not perform like a 250' dipole, but is Spi-Ro's problem when it won't tune any part of the band. 80 and 40 are fine. I would have given this a higher rating, but trying to get some ideas from Spi-Ro was also a challenge. Numerous emails and phone messages were never answered. In all honesty, I cannot recommend this antenna or manufacturer.

N2JEU Rating: 5/5 Mar 20, 2004 13:10 Send this review to a friend
It Works!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My VS-64 was installed with the "high" end at only around 25 feet off the ground. Even at this low level performance is much better than the B&W 90 foot folded dipole it replaced especially on 160 and 75 meters.

Because the angle to the ground is only about 30 degrees the antenna tends to be a "cloud warmer" but this is NOT the fault of the antenna itself, only the way I was forced to install it because of a lack of trees high enough to get the entenna nearly vertical. In operating with it for a couple of weeks I can usually work whatever I hear with just the 100 watts from my Icom IC-756Pro. I found the traps and balun to be well-made with no problems experienced during the installation. I did check to make sure that all of the screws used to connect the wire to the baluns and traps were tight before installation.

Bob N2JEU

RV3APM Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2003 11:48 Send this review to a friend
Great product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Easy Installation in 5 minutes, had good CopperClad Antenna Wire.
Got SWR 1 to 2 on wide band 15 to 160 meters w/o any tuners.