Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | Gulf alpha 432 22 el yagi Help

Reviews Summary for Gulf alpha 432 22 el yagi
Gulf alpha 432 22 el yagi Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $199.00
Description: 22 element 430- 450 yagi (Tuned to desired freq when ordered.)

You can write your own review of the Gulf alpha 432 22 el yagi.

KR0VER Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2006 14:32 Send this review to a friend
Superb beam.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
There are so many times when I buy a product, say for 100 bux, open the lid and calculate $24 bux worth of parts. I get this same feeling from cushcraft/diamond antennas. The point here is that this feeling doesn't take place when you open the box from Gulf Alpha. I'm not sure how Pete gets all this in a box for the price I paid. I was considering a long beam from m2 but after looking at the cost of the gulf alpha vs. the m2 I decided to give them a try. Super solid construction. The beam to reflector/director connections seem like they will still exist long after I'm gone, a welcome change from the stamped parts from lower end vendors. Solid elements made with good materials and a consistant care given to quality all the way thru. The matching box isn't plastic, like others would use, instead it's a nice little metal box with sealed ingress/egress. I've no doubt that I'll open this up years from now and find it bone dry.

After reading some other reports I was preped for a long wait and a possible odd experince ordering. My experience couldn't have been better. Used their website and paid via paypal. Got email saying the unit was being buit and would be shipped in two weeks(aprox.) This estimate was spot on and the antenna arrived well packed and ready to build. Nice job Pete. I'll buy from Gulf Alpha again.

N0WF Rating: 5/5 Jun 3, 2006 11:42 Send this review to a friend
Finely Crafted  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Antenna was easy to build and is of very high quality, strong but lightweight. SWR virtually nil at 432.1, the only surprise was that there were no boom-to-mast clamps, got stainless ones at Ace Hardware. It must have a clean pattern, a 40 over 9 signal will go into the noise if I turn away from it. Pete is a nice fellow, I corresponded with him on several occasions while waiting for the antenna to be built. I would wait for another if he still builds them. Don't know the status of Gulf Alpha but I wish him well and thanks for a great antenna!

K2KJ Rating: 5/5 May 6, 2004 20:16 Send this review to a friend
As close to perfection as they Come.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have several long boom UHF yagis around here, with all the major manufacturers represented. I am very impressed with a breath of fresh air in the mechanical design of Peter's products. The balun box and construction is a work of art, and the element mounting blocks superb. I have shared a couple of observations, but this diesign is one of the best that I have seen. My own modeling (using my measured dimensions after construction) show that the advertised specs are spot on. I believe this mechanical design will be more survivable than most. Lastly for the price paid for this product, compared to the other run of the mill uhf yagis available, I do not think that this guy can be beat for value, performance, pattern, and survivability. Thanks for a truly great mechanical construction/design long boom UHF yagi Peter!

I replaced a C3i K1FO 22 element with 2 of these in phase, will see if there is a major difference.

KA7SAG Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2003 21:35 Send this review to a friend
durable antennas  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought 2 of them and put them in phase for a powerfull rover station. They were well tuned and easy to build. They took 2000 miles of up to 90 mph winds on top of the car from the vhf contest and field day. One should be good, 2 is better for a home station.