Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Telex 2400 Help

Reviews Summary for Telex 2400
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Garden variety headset / mic.

You can write your own review of the Telex 2400.

VA4SR Rating: 5/5 Aug 5, 2013 21:58 Send this review to a friend
Love This Set And Price  Time owned: more than 12 months
Agree 100% with NA4IT!

13 years absent, now building a CW station on a shoestring, I recently bought a surplus set from the FCC for $9 on eBay...$9 shipping. I owned a pair from 89 - 00, was very satisfied but sold them with my old rig. Glad to have a set back even if for a back-up later with an upgrade. Well worth the $...

NA4IT Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2003 13:21 Send this review to a friend
Good for the price!  Time owned: more than 12 months
If you are looking for a CHEAP headset with good audio this is the one. No, I'm not talking about the new Telex 2400 Contester headset, I'm talking about the older used Telex 2400 headsets you can pick up used for around $25.00. I bought mine off eBay.

These have been seen in brown & grey, square and round ear pieces. The have a dynamic mic. Most are "mono" configuration.

They are easy to wire to any rig that uses a 600 ohm mic. There are 2 sets of wires in the cable, i.e. 2- single conductor with sheild sets, one for the headset and one for the mic. I have a generic adapter I made with an 1/8" phone jack for the audio in and a soft touch monentary pushbutton in the end of a pill bottle for a key switch, both going into an 8-pin mic plug. The headset is equiped (after modification) with an 1/8" phone plug for the TX audio and a 1/4" stereo plug (both L & R tied) for the RX audio.

I got good audio reports with it and it is comfortable to wear. Sure, it probably doesn't sound like a Heil, but it does sound like a good quality, dynamic, communications mic.