Reviews Categories | Electronic Component Suppliers | Toroidguy Help

Reviews Summary for Toroidguy
Toroidguy Reviews: 13 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Pre wound toroids & coils for Elecraft and Oak Hills Research qrp kits

You can write your own review of the Toroidguy.

G3RCE Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2015 06:18 Send this review to a friend
Perfection  Time owned: more than 12 months
I built my K2 back in early 2006, winding all the toroids.
Later I built the matching KPA100 amp, but this time ordered the toroid set.
Saved so much time and excellently made.
Thoroughly recommended.

K0AX Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2015 08:43 Send this review to a friend
Does Great Work  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have ordered toroids from Mychael several times. He always answers email and is unfailingly pleasant. His work is highly professional and he ships very quickly. Now I can wrap wire around cores, even if not as well as Mychael, but I can never strip and tin the leads the way he does. Elecraft reports that failure to properly prepare toroid leads is a major cause of kits returned for repair. Mychael makes sure I never have that problem.

KI4SVM Rating: 5/5 Feb 17, 2015 13:06 Send this review to a friend
Great products and service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Mychael does a wonderful job on the toroids and is always quick too! I wouldn't hesitate to order from him again (just did so today) or recommend him to anyone looking for pre-wound toroids.

N0MEU Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2014 05:29 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered HR50 toroids on Friday and received them in Denver on Monday!

K6SBA Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2012 08:24 Send this review to a friend
Great Craftsmanship!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I can wind toroids, but not like Mychael! I received sets for the Elecraft K2 tuner and SSB boards. Mychael's service and prices are great. By the time Mychael has wound, stripped and tinned the leads the results are jewel-like little beauties. More importantly, you can be sure that the components are wound and oriented properly, thus eliminating one more possible builder error.

73 de K6SBA
David in Santa Barbara, CA

KQ6EA Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2009 18:59 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is the second time I've bought a toroid kit from Mychael, he's just superb.
Fast delivery, reasonable price, excellent workmanship.
If you can't bring yourself to wind the toroids, or simply don't have the time or don't enjoy doing it, get a set from him. it's money well spent.

ON5MF Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2007 04:24 Send this review to a friend
Fast service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This guy is very fast! Ordered the toroids on sunday evening and received them in Belgium the next friday morning! That's an average speed of over 55 km/h ;-)

Now I have to find time to install them...

KI4NGL Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2007 04:46 Send this review to a friend
Quality products with great service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have used the Toroidguy with several building projects. If you want quality, great service and fast response, then order from Mychael. Once I messed up a toroid I received, and Mychael sent another one at no cost to me. The leads have always been properly stripped and tinned so I have never had a soldering problem. And best of all, the price is right!

W6TCP Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2004 23:56 Send this review to a friend
Perfect in every way !  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have used Mychael's services a few times whilst building my (K1, K2 and WM-2)

All the Toroidís were wound and tinned properly. Toroids are very well priced and the service is just superb!

Mychael is also very accommodating and helpful!

N2WN Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2004 12:11 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bought the K2 set from him as a time saver, it was, fast a fairly priced. Thanks.