Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Watson WHF-40 and 20 Help

Reviews Summary for Watson WHF-40 and 20
Typical VSWR 1.5:1
Length 2.44m Max (8')
Typical Bandwidth 40m 80Khz
More info: http://www.wsplc.com/

You can write your own review of the Watson WHF-40 and 20.

MI6OJK Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2012 09:47 Send this review to a friend
BRILLAINT  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I live in a ground floor apartment in Belfast and I can only operate 10 watts with current licence, I use a yaesu ft 920, and 2 monoband antennas the whf 20 and 40, I usually have these ,ounted on the car and the coax ran through the window of the apartment to the rig, they work fantastic I can receive and transmit to most places that I can hear, east coast of the USA no problem and even copied dubai and suadi arabia recently with 5 and 9 reports and the guys are suprised when I tell them that im using 10 watts and mobile antenna on the car.

I have recently mounted them on 8 ft aluminium mast and mounted the mast on wooden fence and working even better. the top of the antenna is rougly 20 from the ground in total.

Im seriously thinking about buying an all band antenna but I really only operate 20m and 40m and if I can get as far as saudi and dubai on 10 watts I am really content and I would be better buying the full range of thse great antennas

73 DE Jonny

GM6TVR Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2005 12:12 Send this review to a friend
Brilliant !!!!!!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Tried a new Sidekick on the roof of my new Bailey Pageant Vendee caravan, and it worked well. Also have a WHF-20 and WHF-40 which I bought recently from Waters & Stanton. all the above antennas were mounted on the W&S triple magnet on a 400mm x 300mm steel plate on my caravan roof. Both of the WHF antennas have amazed me and the stations that I have worked over the last two weeks, most contacts have asked for more details regarding these two fine antennas. Anyone purchasing any of the WHF antennas mentioned above will definitely not be disappointed, I don't even mind not having the use of my 4 ele SteppIR and Acom 2000A during the weekdays away from home. Have also had a whale of a time on PSK31 and RTTY 20mtrs, the WHF-20 was resonant on delivery, the WHF-40 had to be lengthened slightly to resonance, job took two minutes.
I am about to purchase the full range of these antennas, they are simply great.
Usual top class service from Waters & Stanton - well done Mark Francis and team.

Good d/xing all,

John GM6TVR / GM0FQV / 9G1BJ

www.johnblack.org

M5MDH Rating: 5/5 Dec 6, 2003 18:15 Send this review to a friend
A good value aerial that works  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was going to buy a Iron Horse IHF-20, but it was not in stock so I bought the WHF-20 instead.

I've owned the WHF-20 for 14MHz for the past month or so. For most mono band whips of any make, the construction of the aerial is similar.

It required nearly no adjustment out of the box I've worked a fair bit of DX including 3DA and 9G, T32, and R1ANB(Antartica).

For just under 20 pounds, you can't go wrong.

73, Mark M5MDH