Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | ADMS-2H by RT Systems, Inc. Help

Reviews Summary for ADMS-2H by RT Systems, Inc.
Reviews: 22 Average rating: 1.2/5 MSRP: $$40
Description: Programming software for the Yaesu FT-8900R by RT Systems, Inc. Provides quick programming of memory channels with the ability to configure the radio much faster.
More info: http://www.rtsars.com/yaesu_template.cfm?cfid=1186970&cftoken=81564279

You can write your own review of the ADMS-2H by RT Systems, Inc..

NB9M Rating: 0/5 Jul 18, 2010 17:21 Send this review to a friend
Really, really bad.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Right out of the box, with a known-good setup ( use the laptop for my PCR-100) it didn't work with my VX-7R. There is no way to extrapolate WHY it didn't work.

-There is little useful information in the help system.

- There appears to be no support for the software.

-Field labels in the application are mis-spelled. This one I couldn't believe.

- There is no means to select a baud rate/start bit in the application - for those of you who COULD get it to work, you were lucky enough to have COM1 configured the right way when you installed the software. RT Systems appears to think that the only thing that can cause a serial port problem is the pre-existance of the old Palm sync driver on the PC.

If I developed software this way, I couldn't put food on the table. Really, Really bad.

This is way to much money for the nice cable. Does anybody know of any other options I have to program the VX-7R, other than manually?

G7MIW Rating: 1/5 Oct 25, 2008 23:03 Send this review to a friend
OK  Time owned: more than 12 months
It does have some basic floors and is totally different to ADMS-2I but it beats the crap out of programming the 8900 manually.

KD0DIO Rating: 0/5 Mar 31, 2008 16:32 Send this review to a friend
DONT BUY  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I JUST BOUGHT THIS SOFTWARE TODAY. Bad. out of the box i had the old vesion (small cd). so i had to contact them to get a downloadable version. ive had 6 attempts and get time out error. I finally got it work once. so i resent to the radio again to make sure it works. same problem. what a waste of money. dont buy this software.

N2JKV Rating: 2/5 Aug 15, 2007 11:20 Send this review to a friend
Unreliable  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought this about 9 months ago. Installed and it worked about 2 days. Then I got a popup message saying it doesn't initialize and must be reinstalled. I reinstall and it works. Programmed radio extensively, so I set it and forgot it...so to speak. Now, months later I want to use it and I get that same damn error message, only now I can't find the tiny little CD. Tech support is NO HELP at all. Their solution is to "buy another copy". What kind of customer relations is that?

KB0RDL Rating: 1/5 Jun 23, 2007 03:56 Send this review to a friend
Very Disappointing  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had ADMS software for four Yaesu radios over several years and in one case it worked most of the time, another it worked intermittently and in the other two cases not at all. I couldn't get the radio and computer to communicate with one another. If they used a USB connection and spent more time working the bugs out it might be better but I'll have to see it to believe it.

KD7CAO Rating: 0/5 Jun 16, 2005 23:26 Send this review to a friend
Terrible Software  Time owned: more than 12 months
You know I purchased this software along with the cables for my IC-2100h and IC-W32A back in '99 and 2K. I was dissapointed with it then, and I am sure glad that I read these reviews. It is dissapointing to see that the Radio Manufactures are still supporting this company by providing them with exclusive rights to the programming source code. Can you believe this company still designs their software for computers that run a Serial Port? Or how about the fact that the software doesn't even come on a CD Rom, it is still on Floppy Disk! This makes me sick. I realize as a computer Technician that some people out there have older notebooks. But the fact is most of us use newer equipment. My computers don't even have a floppy drive anymore. My new notebook doesn't even have a serial port. And the software doesn't recognize com port 9 that my Belkin serial adapter creates. This is not worth the money either. Wait for someone to design a USB adapter, and software that will work... How about one that can program many radios rather than just one! Another great feature would be the ability to program any radio!

N0FPE Rating: 4/5 Apr 11, 2005 16:23 Send this review to a friend
Works for me...  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used the ADMS software for radios as far back as the FT-51r handheld. I have right now the software for the FT-897, FT-8900 and the VX2R. Never had a single problem. I have also used the software for the VX5R, FT-23r,and VX1R. I can say that I never tried to us the software for the FT-8900 on the FT-8800 so I have no idea if it works. IThe only draw backs I have ever had was that even though the software is windows based it is still hard to used sometimes, no speed keys and the like. Thats why i give it a 4. Time out errors are most likely caused by bad cable or bad connection to the jack on the radio itself, thats what I have found over the years.

IMHO Dan

WF6O Rating: 1/5 Apr 11, 2005 14:37 Send this review to a friend
Want to waste time? Use this software  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Tried numerous times to upload to my new FT-8800... got a "communications timeout" error every time. Finally wound up programming manually and then thought, "Maybe I can DOWNLOAD my memories!" HA! It wiped out all of the memories and I had to program it manually, all over again. Nice cable though!

WA2FAA Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2005 16:42 Send this review to a friend
Works Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received the package from UPS. Installed on the Dell notebook, connected to radio via cable. Selected com 1, downloaded what I already had on radio. Made some changes and additions, then reloaded back to radio. All works as stated. Not a single glitch. I have been using this ADMS software since the FT-51R. Once ran, and found no bugs, all was well. I now have 2H, 2I, 2D and 1G. And all work as advertised. What can I say.

WA3HLP Rating: 0/5 Dec 18, 2004 16:10 Send this review to a friend
RT software for FT857  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased the software and cable for my FT857 and FT897 from RT systems. I purchased thes serial cable and serial to USB adapter. I have tried and tried and can't get the computer to talk to the radio. I've checked com ports, data rate, and on and on and on. I've never had trouble with any of their software in the past. Any ideas out there?

Randy