Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | ADMS-2H by RT Systems, Inc. Help

Reviews Summary for ADMS-2H by RT Systems, Inc.
Reviews: 22 Average rating: 1.2/5 MSRP: $$40
Description: Programming software for the Yaesu FT-8900R by RT Systems, Inc. Provides quick programming of memory channels with the ability to configure the radio much faster.
More info: http://www.rtsars.com/yaesu_template.cfm?cfid=1186970&cftoken=81564279

You can write your own review of the ADMS-2H by RT Systems, Inc..

K3UOD Rating: 4/5 Jul 9, 2004 08:51 Send this review to a friend
It works just fine for me.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Based on the previous reviews, I bought the Yaesu ADMS-2H software just to get the cable. But, since I paid for the software, I decided to try it out.

I ordered it from Universal Radio and it was delivered yesterday. I loaded it into the computer, hooked up the cable to the radio, selected COM1, followed the instructions for turning on the radio in clone mode, and read the radio's memories.

Everything that I had manually programmed into the radio appeared on the computer screen.

Then I used the program to add a few repeaters, some weather channels and VHF Marine channels. I used the name feature to display the marine channel numbers vice the frequencies.

Then I wrote the data to the radio, following the instructions on the screen. I recycled the power on the radio and all of the frequencies that I had programed on the computer were now on the radio and the marine channel numbers were displayed on those channels.

The program did what I wanted it to do. The only problem was when I clicked in a blank cell in the OFFSET FREQ column it wouldn't let me do anything else until I attempted to enter an offset. Then I get a message that I had to enter a receive freq first so I clicked in the receive field. Once I had done that, I was able to click receive fields on other rows and continue on with my work. This is the reason I gave the program a 4 and it's a pretty minor glitch once you figure out how to get out of it.

I did go to RL's website and download the patch, but the description of the patch sounded like all minor fixes.

I don't understand why so many people seem to be having problems with this software.

Granted, I didn't go into some of the features like the dimmer control; but, I'm really interested in adding, deleting and organizing the frequencies. The software does that just fine.

K9IUQ Rating: 0/5 Mar 2, 2004 17:57 Send this review to a friend
DO NOT BUY  Time owned: months
I got the ADMS-2I software and cable. The cable didnt work, called tech support - they said a diode was backward. Had a friend fix it for me. They should recall these. Many many complaints about this.

I complained to AES, they were going to notify Yaseu. Do not buy anything from RT Systems, they dont deserve our money. The software stinks too, missing many functions....

K6MTT Rating: 2/5 Feb 20, 2004 14:04 Send this review to a friend
Any port in a storm  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The only reason I buy ANY of the software out there is that oftentimes it is the ONLY software available for any given radio. In this category (FT8900) at least you have a choice.

The only reason I gave this a 2 is that it does work. It's full of glitches though and the "technical support" is dreadful (pretty much non-existent). It seems they churn this $%*@& stuff out and then abandon it to go do other things.

There's a big untapped market out there for good database software, I'm surprised that nobody has tapped it. The ideal would be a database engine with modules for individual radios. Ah, perchance to dream...

KB1KLK Rating: 1/5 Jan 15, 2004 00:58 Send this review to a friend
The cable works, the software doesn't.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
To sum it up in one word: useless.
Constant errors, even in trying to load a list of repeaters into the software. Endless loops, forcing you to kill the software and start over, just because you can't do anything. Has anyone been able to get it to actually program the rig without erroring out? I sure can't.

Note to RT Systems, should they read these reviews: -please- have a qualified staff test the software before throwing a fresh build out on the market! All of these bugs and glitches should have been corrected in the first few beta runs.

It's obvious I'm disappointed, so why the 1? It has the options, and the potential to be a great asset when finally stable and bug-free. For instance, I like the ability to import files. It let me nearly take the local repeater listing in text form and load it in.. and it would have suceeded too, if it properly loaded all of the fields.

Take a page from the book of Kenwood's programmers. Make sure it actually does the job before trying to sell it.

I4GOTIT Rating: 0/5 Nov 19, 2003 21:29 Send this review to a friend
You too can pay to be a BETA tester  Time owned: more than 12 months
If you buy this software you will be disappointed, as it has so many bugs that should of been noticed by the programmer, but the programmer obviously did NOT even test it after it was compiled. SHAME ON YOU RT SYSTEMS !!

Take my money and wait for over a 1/2 year for it to work? This doesn't seem to fare, as you NEVER returned any emails or calls and the only reason I knew of the latest update was from this board !!

I am almost afraid to try the latest as the previous use of this program screwed up all the memories I put in radio (ADMS-2H killed memory last time!)

I figure that the software is only worth the cost of the media it is on, so ALL my friends that wanted a copy just paid for the blank CD only (the software is NOT worth $ anything)
they can use my software key :)

RT_SYSTEMS-SUCKS Rating: 0/5 Nov 18, 2003 15:19 Send this review to a friend
Don't buy from RT, try http://www.g4hfq.co.uk/ftb8900.htm  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought this poorly designed software too !!
After many patches maybe it is right now, after paying for it over 7 months ago :(

But if any one like to make a back-up copy that will work with RT systems security (ie. serial number won't work on a copied CD) if you use Alcohol 120 or any CD copier that will make the volume serial the same on the copied CD as original. it will work with your serial ID then!
(ie. SUB-Channel data)

BUT IF YOU HAVE NOT BOUGHT FROM RT SYSTEMS - DON'T DO IT, THERE SUPPORT IS THE WORST EVER!!

BETTER ALTERNATIVE ----> try this one for half the price and it works better too !

YEPSURE Rating: 0/5 Jul 30, 2003 18:03 Send this review to a friend
Worst Ever  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I also have many of the same problems as other people here with my adms-2h software. Even after implementing the so called patch they offer, the software still has serious problems. I also emailed RT Systems, Inc and they never replied back. This is unexcusable in my opinion because we are the people who buy their products. When presented with a real problem with their product they don't even reply to you.

RT Systems, Inc has shown us all how NOT to do business, and its up to us let them know in forums such as this. After all, this is where potential buyers of these products sometimes look BEFORE buying.

I would not buy anything else from RT Systems, Inc or anything with their name on it.

KE4RWS Rating: 0/5 Jul 30, 2003 17:54 Send this review to a friend
Pitiful All Around  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
On July 21st I emailed RT Systems with my findings on their newly released ADMS-2H software. I provided them with detailed problems I encountered with their software, and asked for a solution. As of July 30th I have not received a reply to my original poor software issue, nor any response whatsoever regarding any fixes for the abortion they are now selling. Now I understand the first patch, of which I'm sure will be many patches, is available on their website. I was made aware of this patch by a friend, and NOT by RT Systems.

RT Systems apparently doesn't return customer support emails, even from it's PAYING customers, and I have purchased the last piece of software (or anything for that matter) from them. RT Systems' ADMS-2H software and their customer service is pitiful, and I would NOT recommend you buy anything from them or their distributors.

Anonymous Rating: 0/5 Jul 26, 2003 07:00 Send this review to a friend
Complete disaster !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After spending several hours of trying to get the software working as it should I gave up. My list of bugs and errors is too long to mention here. Leaves me frustrated. Shame on RT Systems for selling software this way.

KG4RUL Rating: 1/5 Jul 22, 2003 19:01 Send this review to a friend
Become a BETA tester  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used three different versions, for various radios, of software by this company. NONE works correctly! The level of errors I see in their products leads me to believe that end-users are their 'beta' testers. This is not quality programming. So, the problems reported here are nothing new.