Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | ADMS-1G PROGRAMING SOFTWARE FOR YAESU VX-7 Help

Reviews Summary for ADMS-1G PROGRAMING SOFTWARE FOR YAESU VX-7
Reviews: 17 Average rating: 3.2/5 MSRP: $$39.00
Description: Window programming software kit for the VX-7 handheld radio. Kit includes software and CT-29D. The CT-91 is required and sold separately. (for Windows 98, ME, NT4.0, 2000, and XP)
More info: http://www.rtsars.com/yaesu_template.cfm?cfid=479456&cftoken=7772064

You can write your own review of the ADMS-1G PROGRAMING SOFTWARE FOR YAESU VX-7.

N9LCD Rating: 5/5 Nov 24, 2013 17:34 Send this review to a friend
WORKS AS DESCRIBED  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is one amateur radio software package that works as it should and lives up to expectations. I had a list of something like 250 channels, repeaters on all four ham bands plus police, fire, public transportation, O'Hara ground etc. After three days of trying to program AND LABEL my list, I quit and popped for the ADMS-1G software. The software installation was flawless and so was the data entry. Programming of the VX-7R went smoothly.

A necessity for programming the VX-7R especially for those who aren't proficient at keyboarding.
9(LCD

K7BVO Rating: 3/5 May 2, 2012 17:14 Send this review to a friend
Software OK, USB needs some thought  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this as a replacement to another programming software and USB cable.

The software is adequate and works well.

The person who designed the RT Systems USB cable has obvioiusly NEVER plugged more than one USB cable into a PC or Laptop!! The housing is so wide at the base that nothing but the skinniest of devices (read straight cables) can be plugged into the socket next to the RT canble. I have a mouse with a micro sized BT dongle and even that shoves the RT cable to the side.

KC9SLY Rating: 4/5 Jun 26, 2011 17:41 Send this review to a friend
V4 Still Good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just bought a used VX-7 and liked it, but as pre-warned, it can be a bear to learn. Wanted to get the Yaesu cable and software, but the shop didn't have it on hand, and found this.

CD and cable arrived quickly, installed quickly. I backed up the previous owner's setup and replaced it with mine, and it is working great. No problem with either up or download to the radio, as the software tells idiots like me which buttons to press to get it into clone mode.

Also got the software for my Kenwood TH-6A, and it works just as well, and allowed me to export from one to the other. Saved alot of typing...

This is working with 64-bit Windows 7; I make the assumption it work as well on earlier 32-bit systems.

N6DGY Rating: 5/5 Jun 1, 2008 13:18 Send this review to a friend
It Works Perfectly  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just purchased my Yaesu VX-7R at the '08 Dayton Hamvention. I already had a programming cable purchased some years ago for my FT60, so all I needed was the Yaesu mic adaptor and a 3/32 to 1/8 adaptor to use this same cable with the VX-7. Reading all the rave reviews for VX-7 Commander, I thought I'd give it a try. I get cloning errors 75% of the time that corrupt any previous settings in the radio. In frustration, I purchased the ADMS-1G software for VX-7 and opted for immediate download upon payment. The ADMS software works perfectly every time. Perhaps it's something Yaesu changed in the late model VX-7 to make it incompatible with Commander, but for my radio, the ADMS package works and works well. At least for late model VX-7 radios, I'd highly recommend this software.

KB3QKL Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2008 06:50 Send this review to a friend
Surprised about some of the reviews here!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm very surprised to read some of the reviews here. I've had this software for well over a year now and have not had one problem. Everything works great! It would be nice if it had its own data port verses using the mic/speaker jack. I find that to be a little hard at times to screw it down without removing the antenna. I can't think of what could be causing some of the problems listed here in the review. Only thing I can think of is make sure you are using the correct COM port on your PC and follow the proper radio power up steps to force the radio into the "program" mode. I'm not sure if I've just been lucky here or what but I find it very useful and a great time saver.

KD5HMP Rating: 4/5 Aug 17, 2007 11:43 Send this review to a friend
It works  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had trouble using the software with my VX-7. The ADMS software would not download any memories to the HT. Stumped, I went online and found no information. After playing around with the software, I learned that YOU MUST FIRST upload from the VX7 before it will successfully download.

Also, make sure you update the software from RT systems when you install. I found a few bugs in the software (purchased 8/07) that caused sudden crashed on my XP machine. The software updates resolved these issues. Also, the strain relief pulled from the DB9 serial plug. A quick disassembly and electrical tape reinforced the grove on the strain relief so the plug is more robust.

K6LCS Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2006 08:06 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Software  Time owned: more than 12 months
There are so many computer configurations out there...Those who cannot "communicate" with this software usually have system problems or are using USB-to-serial converters that are not "friendly" to such programs. And RT Systems has FAQs and diagnostic software to help those with problems.

With that stated, the ADMS products work excellently for me.

I have dedicated a couple of older laptops to programming. The IBM 760ED ThinkPad can be purchased for under $200. Windows 98...CD and 3.5" floppy included. I run all my commercial and amateur programming software (Motorola, Kenwood, Icom, Alinco, Yaesu, et al) with no problems whatsoever.

Clint Bradford, K6LCS

WB9BVB Rating: 2/5 May 20, 2006 22:15 Send this review to a friend
Software  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just bought this new VX-7R at AES in Milwaukee this radio is easier to program without the use of ADMS-1G. I also have a VX-5R which I used VX5 Commander software and it worked just fine. There is sometime wrong it took many tries before I was able to send the frequecy files to the radio. I keep timing out or got a cloning error with the VX7 Commander program. The same interface worked just fine with the VX5 Commander software. Iam not sure if the problem is on the software or hardware end but it should be that hard to program a radio when you spend $ 40.00 for that software. They need to get away from using DB-9 and com port hardware and go to USB. My advice is to stay away from ADMS-1G until they or Yaesu fixes the problem. I had no problems with my Vx-5R or FT-8800 software using the same desktop computer. Judging from past reviews of this product Iam not alone in giving this a bad review til they fix the problem.
Larry WB9BVB

KE5BRO Rating: 5/5 Oct 20, 2004 13:45 Send this review to a friend
Info on USB -to- DB9 for programming  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I apologize in advance if this is not the correct place for this post, I couldn't find any threads on the VX-7R programming cable alone, just this thread regarding the entire programming package.
This is in regards to using the RT Systems CT-29D (the cable associated with the ADMS-1G package) with a laptop or other computer that does NOT have a DB-9 serial connection. RT Systems told me on the phone that the only convertor that would work is either theirs or the Radio Shack brand ($20.00 +/-). Well, I DID find an inexpensive USB adapter that works great with my IBM Laptop. It's the IoGear GUC232A. I bought it at my local Best Buy for about $11.50. I have ONLY used it with the free programming software, VX-7 Commander v1.3.4, and it works great! You do need to use the Device Manager in Windows to change the port to a normal port number, but other than that it's flawless.
Just thought I'd give back since I've gleaned a few answers from here in the past.

-KE5BRO (Dave)

N7SEG Rating: 3/5 Jun 1, 2004 15:56 Send this review to a friend
New Keycode (serial number) allows it to install!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm upgrading my rating of this program because RT Systems replied to my email complaint of not being able to install it with the supplied serial number. They replied within 24hrs, over a holiday weekend no less, and their new serial number allowed the program to install. I've tried the program a few times and it seems to work just fine. The new serial number is on their website now too. High marks to RT for their quick resolution of my problem.