Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | ADMS-1G PROGRAMING SOFTWARE FOR YAESU VX-7 Help

Reviews Summary for ADMS-1G PROGRAMING SOFTWARE FOR YAESU VX-7
Reviews: 17 Average rating: 3.2/5 MSRP: $$39.00
Description: Window programming software kit for the VX-7 handheld radio. Kit includes software and CT-29D. The CT-91 is required and sold separately. (for Windows 98, ME, NT4.0, 2000, and XP)
More info: http://www.rtsars.com/yaesu_template.cfm?cfid=479456&cftoken=7772064

You can write your own review of the ADMS-1G PROGRAMING SOFTWARE FOR YAESU VX-7.

KG4YJR Rating: 0/5 May 29, 2004 23:24 Send this review to a friend
Never worked for me either!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This software was the biggest waste of my money and my time. It's so bad I'm surprised it doesn't screw radios up completely beyond re-setting. Even with their so-called "patch" it never worked for me period.
I installed VX7 Commander software which is free. Not only did it work flawlessly the first time I used it, it has worked every other time afterwards. Never a lock-up or error.

N7SEG Rating: 0/5 May 29, 2004 22:45 Send this review to a friend
Keycode doesn't work for me either  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well, as the first review on the list says: The keycode supplied with the disc does not work so there's no way to even try the product. Oddly, my keycode is identical to his. Hmmmmm, verrry interesting.

WA6BFG Rating: 0/5 Feb 20, 2004 20:23 Send this review to a friend
DARN KEYCODES  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well hr we go again a software product thatís piece of ----. The ADMS-1G arrives with a min-cd and a envelope that tells you to enter the key code the code is YC20 GWKE MDJR IA00 01AB. Well guess what it comes back and says invalid key code. So we 0 to O still same thing. So we call Yaesu canít get anyone there robot says we are having technical difficulties, NO KIDDING! So we go to the ADMS web sight and call there support number and get another Robot that tells me THIS NUMBER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED well package it up and back to HRO!!!!!!!! Not bye this junk

KG6MTI Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2003 15:34 Send this review to a friend
Great Software!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I really like the ADMS software supplied with the cable. I have also downloaded VX Commander for the VX-7R. The VX Commander software worked very well also. I did not enjoy the import export feature of the VX Commander software. The ADMS software seemed a little more intuitive and easier to use. I own two VX-7R's and the ADMS software has made programming them a complete breeze. The menu's are easy to navigate and very well designed with all the information available with very few mouse clicks. The help file is very informative and provides details for advanced features. I would recommend this product without hesitation to anyone who owns a VX-7R radio.

WA2EWE Rating: 4/5 Oct 25, 2003 19:27 Send this review to a friend
Solid Performer!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the ADMS-1G and downloaded the VX-7 Commander ver 1.3.4 right away and used them both. Sure, the Commander has more bells and whistles and offers MARS and Freeband MODs, but I was able to use the ADMS to clean up a mess that I made while "learning" to use the Commander. So, I consider the ADMS product a solid performer, although its functionality is limited and it is overpriced.

KE6VNU Rating: 3/5 Oct 3, 2003 23:53 Send this review to a friend
its just OK  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I agree with the previous ham. although the adms 1g from rt systems does work ok, it by no means performs as well as the commander software!!!

KQ4KK Rating: 1/5 Jul 25, 2003 13:23 Send this review to a friend
Another product sold before its ready  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Got the "brand new" version at Dayton 03. Version 1.03. Was told it worked. It did not save right, could not read a save file, etc. Wrote RT Systems an email. Took two weeks for a response. They did send a patch. THEN they put the patch on their web site. WITH the patch, it works... however VX COMMANDER for the VX7 does much more, and is cheaper!! Make sure you have all the cables you need. The VX7 has a special cable to the connector. I am NOT buying a FT-8800, just because RT makes the software, and no one else.