Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | Tennamast Help

Reviews Summary for Tennamast
Tennamast Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $3-400UKP
Description: 38ft tower wall mounted

You can write your own review of the Tennamast.

G7UTB Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2016 12:42 Send this review to a friend
Tenna mast Adapata Mast. Nearly 21 years of service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Thought that it was time to deliver a review of my Tennamast. I do not write reviews until a year or two of ownership though nearly 21 years of constant use is a little late.
Nearly 21 years in and I have no complaints or worries. The mast has had three different rotators and many changes and combinations of antennas, uhf/vhf/hf. In recognition of its unwavering service it will be taken down stripped and serviced over this Easter. Money well spent.

MI6NOS Rating: 5/5 Oct 21, 2014 16:14 Send this review to a friend
Great product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered my 10.7 free standing mast 6 weeks ago and it arrived yesterday in the time stated as this is a very busy time of year for these guys but I have to say it was worth the wait. I was worried about running into bad weather as I wanted to get the concrete laid as once the ground was soft the lorry would be unable to get to my garden to pour in the concrete. Carol from Tennamast was excellent and sent me the ground socket straight away so I could go ahead and get my concrete and socket sorted and ready for the arrival of the mast.
I have to say, this mast is top quality and well worth the price tag, I know some people don't like to spend too much but this one is really worth it. It's strong, heavy and the design is simple but genius and tilts and extends with pure ease and the guys at Tennamast even drilled out the holes on the rotator cage to suit my rotator and thrust bearing. Last night and today we had the remnants of Hurricane "Gonzalo" which hit UK with an almighty thud and as I had only put the mast together that morning the storm hit 2 hours later. Anxious was an under statement, I was bricking it big time as the winds were over 50mph but the mast took it with ease although I did have it lowered but still scary when that sort of wind is hammering through. I was more worried about my Cushcraft A3S and my wee 2m/70cm antenna, as well as the pressure on the rotator but they took it well. The rotator cage is solid and the only noise during the onslaught was a bit of knocking from the rotator which is normal for this kind of abuse anyway. The beauty of this mast is being able to lower it at very short notice and only takes 2 minutes and the same if you want to tilt it over to do any work on the antennas. I got that scared about something getting damaged at 3am when the wind was at it's worst and I was sorry I didn't tilt it down but once the wind was in full flight there was no turning back and it had to stay up as tilting in that sort of wind would have surely done irreversible damage but at the same time I was glad as I now know that this mast and my A3S can handle it. At least if we ever get that sort of wind again I can sleep easy without being up through the night checking it every 5 mins....lol.

Carol and the guys at Tennamast are amazing, if you are in doubt about buying one of these masts just go for it as you will be glad you did. The end result is a quality piece of kit and most definitely piece of mind.

Cheers all round guys!!

2E0BTX Rating: 5/5 Dec 28, 2013 18:23 Send this review to a friend
Brilliant  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
All i can do is agree with everything said ..
dealt with Callum great bloke very helpful
i use to use a lattice tilt-over tower that i had to manually lug over everything it got windy ,
now with my Tennamast its a one man job helpful as
im not getting any younger ...

cant praise then enough ...
there not cheap but you get what you pay for
and these are quality .

GW3NCT Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2012 08:24 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: more than 12 months
One of the most important aspects of any mast or tower is its longevity. No matter how pretty, easy to assemble, or whatever nice attribute you can thin of, if it corrodes or just gives way, then it is pretty much a waste of space.

I bought my 7.6 metre (25 foot) mast with an extra pole to extend its height in August 1999. I was recently concerned in case the cable was corroding. The mast was taken down for checking. A visual inspection after cleaning away the grease and I find it is perfect, just as supplied when new.

It has all the hallmarks of a thorough-bred. If ever necessary, I would undoubtedly buy from Tennamast again.

I found them friendly and helpful over the phone. They can supply replacement cables if ever required. They keep complete records and could tell me the date (and price I paid) for that mast.

I cannot speak to highly of them.

GM6TVR Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2012 08:11 Send this review to a friend
One year on.............  Time owned: more than 12 months
I live on the windy South West coast of Scotland, so masts and antennas have to be strong. Have replaced my old Altron wall mounted mast a year ago with a 10.7 freestanding Tennamast and I am absolutely delighted with it. Having used various Tennamast models in Africa where I worked for over 5 years with Taylor Woodrow, I knew how good the products were, so it was an easy decision to make when buying. I spoke with Carol of Tennamast fame just before Xmas 2010 and asked if they could supply me with my requirements, due to heavy snowfall and sub zero temperatures in our part of the World, a large part of the working population could not even get to their place of work, but after explaining that I could only work on the new mast over the Xmas period, the Tennamast people pulled out all the stops and I was able to complete the installation on New Years Eve.
Absolutely delighted with it, as I was with the ones in Africa.
Great service, would definitely do business with them again in the future should I decide to expand my antenna farm.

Cheers,

John GM6TVR / GM0FQV

M0MGF Rating: 4/5 Dec 29, 2011 06:37 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is an update to my prior review of the Tennamast Adaptamast.
Well it has now been up for a little over 3 1/2 years now, no matter what the weather has brought; sun, rain, snow, wind etc... it has weathered them all.
The nominal head load for the 10m mast is 10Kg, and of course like most people I saw that as a challenge to take on. So on top of mine, I have the optional Rotator cage, a Yaesu G-1000 rotator, a 3 element Steppir and a 8 element 2m beam. I think that I am slightly over the 18Kg MAX weight :)
We suffer from some strong winds here on the Holderness (East coast of Yorkshire) and I have three guylines attached to make sure that the mast does not sway too much from True. This setup works well, with the mast staying up in 60mph+ winds, which deform the fibre glass elements on my Steppir.
The only niggle I have the the mast is the constant clunking sound that is heard during windy times (90% of the year here). This is because of the design of the mast, a 60x45mm box section within a 70x70mm bottom box.
When mentioned to Tennamast, the idea of placing a wedge between the two sections wasnt particually helpful.
For more infomation on the 10m Adaptamast (and all the other Tennamast products) have a look at their website.

GM6TVR Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2011 06:34 Send this review to a friend
No problem at all.........  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
There is nothing between us and the Eastern board of the United States of America, so it is WINDY when it is windy and masts and antennas have to be strong. Yes, of course there is the Isle of Man directly South West of us, but it does'nt appear to shelter us at all. I have just taken down my old Altron wall mounted mast and replaced it with a 10.7 freestanding Tennamast and I am absolutely delighted with it. Having used various Tennamast models in Africa where I worked for over 5 years with Taylor Woodrow, I knew how good the products were, so it was an easy decision to make when buying. My neighbours were also happy when they saw me taking down the old mast and they asked when I was taking down the big Strumech at the top of our property, their joy was short lived though. I spoke with Carol of Tennamast fame just before Xmas and asked if they could supply me with my requirements, due to heavy snowfall and sub zero temperatures in our part of the World, a large part of the working population could not even get to their place of work, but after explaining that I could only work on the new mast over the Xmas period, the Tennamast people pulled out all the stops and I completed the installation on New Years Eve.
Absolutely delighted with it, as I was with the ones in Africa.
Great service, would definitely do business with them again in the future.

Cheers,
John

M0EDX Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2010 01:37 Send this review to a friend
AAAAA +++++  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had 2 masts ordered from them, one custom made.

Great service, very competitive price.

The business is now run by Norry's succesor, a young chap named Calum, who is also very helpful.

Buy with confidence.

Strongly reccommend.

www.m0edx.com or http://www.qrz.com/db/m0edx

M0MGF Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2008 15:21 Send this review to a friend
Brilliant  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My plot is only a small one so i am not really large enough for a tower. So i turned to Tennamast for one of their box section masts. Quick as a flash, on the day requested for delivery, 70Kg of metal arrived on my doorstep. Everything needed to erect this mast was included (except the rawl bolts).
I quickly set about bolting it to the rear wall, and placing my tribanded on the top. This, with the aid of a friend who doesnt mind heights, was done easily within a day.
The finished product, while not as inflexable as a lattice tower, does hold up well in the wind, and all importantly gets my Tribander up in the sky for some decent DXing.
I would highly recommend a Adaptamast with the tilt option to anyone that has limited space in their garden.

M0SUF Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2008 09:29 Send this review to a friend
Great Mast, Great Service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I decided to go for the 10.7 metre standard mast with rotator cage and 2 metre stub mast on top to support my HF beam and have been very satisfied with it. Tennamast were very helpful over delivery arrangements to suite my requirements, drilling the rotator plate to suite my equipment and provided good after sales support - including sending different hardware at no cost as alternative ways of securing the rotator cage that best suited my particular arrangement.
The mast has with withstood 50~60mph winds fully erected with no problems at all - although I use three guy ropes to limit and dampen the movement in storms as recommended by Tennamast.
First of all I was quite anxious in high winds as it is sited in a fairly exposed location, until my confidence grew and now I don't fret at all...