Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - 6M/VHF/UHF+ | Tokyo Hy-Power HL-66V Help

Reviews Summary for Tokyo Hy-Power HL-66V
Tokyo Hy-Power HL-66V Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $110.00
Description: 60W 6m linear amplifier, 1-15W in
More info: http://www.thp.co.jp/thp%20hp%20Eng/amateur_eng/vhf50_eng.htm#206v

You can write your own review of the Tokyo Hy-Power HL-66V.

N6GEO Rating: 5/5 Aug 16, 2011 08:03 Send this review to a friend
Great amp!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
A good amp if you can find one. It replaced my old Lafeyette HA-250A (with matching power supply) that toook up a most my desktop. Much smaller, clean signal, flawless operation.

G4IPZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2008 06:52 Send this review to a friend
Very Impressive  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Like most people seem to do, I got mine via ebay for 52 (about $100). It was immaculate and worked perfectly from the box. It even still had the original remote control plug attached. I like the remote on this amp as it can be triggered either by switching to ground or switching to Vcc - a nice touch. It's design looks good and it works a treat on my FT690 on all modes. Well worth considering if you're looking for a medium power 6m linear for one of the older low power rigs or transverters

G8UBJ Rating: 5/5 Jun 7, 2006 00:19 Send this review to a friend
Clean and stable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I also found mine on ebay and bought it with the intention of driving it from my IC-502.

It arrived with an ominous rattle which turned out to be one of the screws holding the main PCB that has worked loose? Not exactly hard to fix, although I can't understand how or why this occurred?

Opening it was useful to give it a look over (always good for 2nd hand equipment). The build quality of this product is great and the instructions are comprehensive.

With the IC502 I achieve about 30 watts out for 3 in and it makes a huge difference to working continental Europe. Calling Austrian and Italian stations I could see they were struggling, now they just seem to come straignt back first call with 59 reports.

I haven't really tested the pre-amp but I like being able to switch it on and off independently from the amp. In the future I intend to drive this from my FTV-107 Transverter. It will be interesting to see how much it improves performance.

VE6SZR Rating: 5/5 Dec 4, 2003 22:34 Send this review to a friend
Another Winner from Tokyo Hy-Power!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is the second amplifier that I've purchased from Tokyo Hy-Power, direct from the factory (the first was an HL-50B).

The HL-66V is a 6m only all-mode (FM/SSB) amplifier, with built-in 13dB pre-amp. Designed for low power 6m transceivers, this unit will accept 1-15Watt input and produce about 8-60Watts output. (Note: 5-10 watt drive will achieve about 50-55watts out). It comes packaged with a bracket, manual, spare fuses, jumper cable, and parts to make a remote keying/relay cable.

The HL-66V is solidly built, performs exactly as advertized and is resonably priced. I have no hesitation in recommending their products.

Tokyo Hy-Power's sales rep. (Nobuki Wakabayaski) is a pleasure to deal with. Shipping is very fast.

If you're looking to boost to your 6m operations, here's an inexpensive quality product worth taking a look at.