Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Camelback Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Camelback
Begali Camelback Reviews: 31 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $96.00 plus $9.50 s/h
Description: A classically inspired modern straight key on a heavy cast iron base, with gold plated components and precision bearings.
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com

You can write your own review of the Begali Camelback.

MM0AMV Rating: 1/5 Jan 31, 2009 03:04 Send this review to a friend
Disappointed  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
On arrival the key was non-operational. I had to strip it down and fit a missing insulating washer.
You really shouldn't have to do that with an expensive premium product.
I guess Begali Quality Assurance must have had the day off.
Begali then promised me a small plaque for the key with my callsign engraved on, as recompense for the hassle.
Three months on and I am still waiting.
The key is engraved 67th Marconi Day, October 2 1999.
Really don't see the point in this, and I think it spoils the key as the engraved plate is silver finished and the rest of the key is gold plated.
I have a feeling that that is going to end up on eBay.

AI6DX Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2008 18:32 Send this review to a friend
O-U-T-S-T-A-N-D-I-N-G!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
WOW!!!! This is not your everyday straight key! This is a piece of art! I can't believe how smooth the bearing is on this key. It is a heavy keyer with a smooth as silk bearing movement. It is exceptionally balanced and fatigue on my hand/wrist is practically non-existent. The brass finish was polished like crystal glass. The spring tension couldn't be better! The base has a rough flat black finish that adds a classic "old style" touch to this piece of equipment. Customer service was A+. Bruna is a fabulous business woman that really takes care of customer's questions and needs. Bottom line, if you want a luxurious sports car, you buy Ferrari, Rolls Royce or Porsche. If you want a precision watch, you buy Rolex, Cartier or Philippe. If you want the BEST precision made and superbly performing straight key, you buy BEGALI. Period!

KB3I Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2008 21:10 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
During a QSO with KK0I (whose review is also here), I was really impressed by his fist.
He mentioned he was using the Camelback, and was very happy with it. I was struggling with my J38, and decided to give the Camelback a try. I especially liked the fact it was a heavy key.
Well, it's great! It's a very nice looking key, and a pleasure to use.

I had no idea how much my fist could improve by using this key. Highly recommended!

Piero and Bruna are great to deal with.

Treat yourself this holiday season to a great key!

Ira KB3I

K1NLY Rating: 5/5 Sep 20, 2008 17:14 Send this review to a friend
Work of Art  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Camelback is a precision instrument of unmistakable quality.
The Begali Company is a first class company to do business with. Don't drop the Camelback on you foot!
Harry K1NLY

K2MEN Rating: 5/5 Jun 3, 2008 15:33 Send this review to a friend
Another Begali Masterpiece  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This key is steady as a rock, no lateral movement, nearly infinitely adjustable spring tension and the smoothest bearing movement I have ever experienced. At my request, Piero sent a navy knob (no charge) which suits my style perfectly. I couldn't be happier. btw, I have owned a Begali simplex paddle for several years and it looks and acts as new as the day I received it. I am certain I can expect the same from this beautiful new Camelback.

G0VIM Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2008 07:08 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is a beautifully made straight key that is a joy to use. The action is smooth and the adjustments are simple and effective. The weight of the base holds it still whist operating and the service from Begali is first class.

F5PQO Rating: 5/5 Feb 20, 2008 15:21 Send this review to a friend
Nice design !  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This straight key is very well designed and manufactured.
Pleasant to use, smooth and precise.
No need to screw it on the table, due to the heavy base !
Nice support from the company : quick answers to e-mail questions, and shipment on the agreed date.

KK0I Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2008 17:35 Send this review to a friend
A True Work of Art  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
First, I wish to thank Piero and Bruna for attending the 2007 Dayton Hamvention. I was very interested to check out their products. As a result, I ordered a Begali Camelback for my birthday present.

The key is truly an engineering masterpiece!

I have used the key for about six months now and I really do enjoy it. I have adopted the European style of sending cw with my arm off the desk and it does feel very comfortable to use.

This is one key I will enjoy the rest of my ham radio career. My hat is off to you Piero! La ringrazio molto!

W2RDD Rating: 5/5 Sep 23, 2007 04:42 Send this review to a friend
Great Straight  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been using the Camelback several weeks now. It is definitely the best straight key I have ever operated. Smooth as silk. Looks great. And, a heavy-weight so it won't dance all over the operating table when in use. Highly recommended...as well as the Begali family.

DG3YCC Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2007 08:44 Send this review to a friend
Best key I own  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have a so called flameproof key, a Junkers and a Bencher straight key but this camelback beats them by far (It's all about feeling as with every other key). The weight of nearly two kilogramms holds the key where you place it. Since I'm a navy knob man Pierro manufatured a navy knob for me (for free!) so I can change knobs if I wish. Finish is excellent as with all Begali keys (I also have a Begali paddle). The bearings are not adjustable but I think they will just last forever. Contact with Pierro and his daughter was delightful as ever. This key I will never give away. Cannot guarantee that for my other keys...