Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | Ham Radio Deluxe Help

Reviews Summary for Ham Radio Deluxe
Ham Radio Deluxe Reviews: 386 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $99.95
Description: Control software for a variety of radios.

You can write your own review of the Ham Radio Deluxe.

WA1GZY Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2016 12:11 Send this review to a friend
Indispensable Operating Program  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ham Radio Deluxe is simply the best "wingman" operating aide to guide and enhance your on-air enjoyment... from user-friendly logging to award tracking, offering digital modes from CW decoding PSK to slow scan TV and out-of-this world satellite tracking! It's a program for the casual operator as well as the serious contester. You'll grow into it over time! Interested in remote operation from a vacation spot or second QTH? HRD has it and more.

Moreover, the software programmers are constantly updating and improving what is already an indispensable operating program.

As with most new software sometimes we require a little guidance from the technical support staff to fine-tune the program for your particular station configuration. Here too, the staff at HRD excels in providing the best online support via a free downloadable "TeamViewer" application available on their website which enables the HRD staff to remotely configure your computer for optimum HRD performance and/or resolve any technical difficulties in the set up.. My experience with tech support Tim, KB3NPH has consistently exceeded my expectations in quickly resolving performance questions... most of which resulted from operator error!
W0DT Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2016 16:54 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used HRD for years, running free version and now paid.Run this program on kenwood 590 480 and 2000
I read many yaesu 991 users have trouble. Yaesu has many other problems with that version of radio.
Anyway my radios run perfect with HRD
NY7Q Rating: 0/5 Jun 24, 2016 07:41 Send this review to a friend
it sucks big time  Time owned: more than 12 months
used it since the beginning. took it off my system forever.
K8JHD Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2016 10:10 Send this review to a friend
Best thing going -Worth the money!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ive had it since 2011, really Good program, really good support from Tim. It has some bugs but what program doesnt, regular upgrades and improvements and it beats anything else.
I used the free version for a while and decided to support the cause by paying for the full version, it was definitely worth it !!
K1YPB Rating: 0/5 Jun 22, 2016 17:17 Send this review to a friend
Very arrogant support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have to agree with KJ4EOZ, the support for this product is poor, and somewhat less than what one would expect when having to pay what you have to pay for this product. I too have an FT-991, and after down loading the latest version of the product found that many functions for the FT-991 did not work or did not work properly. When I opened a work order with them, they quickly and arrogantly blamed Yaesu (as KJ4EOZ stated). They said they couldn't do anything about it, and could not say when their "bugs" would be corrected. They obviously did not make an effort to test the product on a FT-991. Putting an expensive product on the market without testing it is not right. I thought it was me, but then when I read this last review, it seems that this seems to be the mode of operation for this crew of computer aficionados. Simon the creator of the product was very polite and accommodating. Attitudes like that of the new owners was entirely not expected and is very disappointing! I cannot and do not recommend this product.
KJ4EOZ Rating: 1/5 Jun 22, 2016 08:46 Send this review to a friend
Not good anymore  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The guys running things are very rude and unwilling to really help . They like to blame it on everything but their software . Every 2 week they come out with updates saying they have fixed this and that . Nothing has been fixed . They say they support the Yaseu FT991 but only maybe 70% .
When I open a ticket for my FT991 1st I was told its Yaseu is who to blame then come to find out they don't even have a FT991 in hand to test with . I waited and waited then ask on the HRD facebook page if things will be fix soon and they blocked me from the facebook page . I was not nasty or anything . Just asked . What's up with them ? If it was still free I would not care But I'm paying for this . software could be great but not like this . If you have a older radio you should be ok but a new radio stay away for now till they get things together if that ever happens . Good luck guys
AB6CC Rating: 2/5 Jun 8, 2016 14:26 Send this review to a friend
Blah  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Even after downloading a new improved version to which Customer Service had referred me, it still crashes at times on my FT-450D. Now, there may well be a trick to manipulating the various adjustments, but after a year of use I haven't found the ideal formula.
The company really isn't trustworthy: at first I was directed to a list of three supported control cables(USB). After it appeared that Windows 7 has issues with the new drivers(per RT Systems), the updated pdf from HRD was altered to exclude RTS cables from the recommended control cable list.
So...HRD blames the cable...the cable manufacturer blames the software....blah blah blah blah blah, and we're stuck in the middle.
VA3XUK Rating: 1/5 Jun 7, 2016 19:01 Send this review to a friend
Disappointed.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I was so happy when I saw that HRD supported my FT767GX.
I sent an email to them to confirm, and yes, they said it now worked with my 767. I went ahead and bought it, all seemed fret until I tried entering details into the log. It just would not display correct frequency... I tried and tried.

After logging a few tickets with HRD. They finally told me, the logging portion did not work with the 767. And as it was an old radio, they would not be doing a fix.

I asked if I could have a refund.... That is when they said I should talk to their lawyers..

Disgraceful service and attitude. I now use TRX Manager, and it works great!!!
WB8ZCC Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2016 13:09 Send this review to a friend
Great response, HRD rocks!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using HRD since Simon had the program, now it's in great hands with Rick & company, and IT KEEPS GETTING BETTER! They recently solved a security key issue I had very well and quickly. Keep up the great work, HRD!
K3LB Rating: 5/5 May 26, 2016 11:28 Send this review to a friend
HRD works Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using HRD for all my logging chores for seven years. Recently, I installed Microsoft Office on my PC and HRD stopped working. Tim, at HRD, worked "Miracles" and had me back up in about ten minutes. Thanks to Tim and all the great TECH Support folks at HRD. K3LB ...Larry