Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | Ham Radio Deluxe Help

Reviews Summary for Ham Radio Deluxe
Ham Radio Deluxe Reviews: 464 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $99.95
Description: Control software for a variety of radios.
More info: http://www.ham-radio-deluxe.com/

You can write your own review of the Ham Radio Deluxe.

HP3AK Rating: 4/5 Jan 8, 2017 10:02 Send this review to a friend
Update on v6.3.0.613  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is an update to a much earlier review. I gave it a 4 rather than a 5 as I don't yet have a lot of experience with the latest features. *I was one of several ?? who were blacklisted by a former owner of the company and could not upgrade nor reinstall version 6. This has now been corrected.

Many early bugs have been fixed and the program works pretty much as expected now. For the purchase price you get a number of new or upgraded features over the old free version. The expanded WSI (worked status indicators) in the DX Cluster spots is a great upgrade. I am sure that there are others that I have not used yet.

It would be helpful if the company would indicate whether a new release is a maintenance / bug fix or a new feature release. If both, I assume that you can install it but the new features will be inactive if your support has expired.

M0STO Rating: 0/5 Jan 7, 2017 07:46 Send this review to a friend
If it ain't broke, don't fix it....right!!!?  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
For me to write a damning review....it's very rare... however the software has been messed about with too much. I had v5.? versions for years and it worked great, installed the trial ov 6.? and it deleted my old version (or overwrote the majority), lost many log files, lost settings... lost nearly everything including many macros for PSK31 etc. Then the satellite and Rotator software would not work and crashed. I was bombarded with prompts to buy the software and went through some potty process to get a temporary license. I admit the time I used it I found problems with the 5.? version but none that really affected the running (mostly connection issues) with the new version I was told I needed a subscription to solve my problems). It's buggy and slow since I upgraded and for a software that has not changed to much since the upgrade...what the hell have the software engineers done to it to break it so bad? If the software was 25 or even 20 then I would not begrudge buying it but really glad I didn't as for $99... what are these people doing between getting Gold teeth fitted. from free to $99 for exactly the same software....like driving a car with hole in the gas tank...isn't it? Now I am stuck as I had to dig really deep on the Internet for the old version and ask a lot of people to see if they had it, macros still gone and setting all screwed up...but it works. I heard about the Blacklist thingy....not to sure about that...sounds a bit fishy...like a smear campaign, however if its true....shame on you guys. Fix the bugs and start getting some positive reviews, rather than Blacklisting people.....I fall on the side of a smear campaign. 0/5 for me. I am giving it a Zero because it deleted all my settings and I have to pay to get help that was once free. Lastly, I was running HRD 5.? when a prompt came up for me to upgrade. I fugured it was from 5.? to a better version of 5.? but it was to 6.?... big mistake.

KC2TUX Rating: 0/5 Jan 6, 2017 20:14 Send this review to a friend
Not worth the free price!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I tried it and was not at all impressed with it. Do not waste your time, and do not purchase the $99.00 version. Join the blacklisted SUB section.

AE5GG Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2016 20:58 Send this review to a friend
Excellent program with lots of features!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used this program for many years. It interfaces very nicely with many of my radios.

I ESPECIALLY love that it will give you the call signs of people on any band that you'd like (e.g. anyone who is frequently logging contacts will show up. You can click on their call sign and your radio will zip you to that frequency. It's GREAT for hunting whatever country you'd like to chat with!)

I can't imagine using my radios without it!

KE4KMG Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2016 12:33 Send this review to a friend
wonderful program  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been running for 8+ years and running the current version .613 through the years they have made great upgrades to each of the programs with HRD. I running windows 7 with a Kenwood TS-2000X with no problems. I feel its a wonderful program

W3DDF Rating: 5/5 Dec 28, 2016 08:37 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I used FLDigi for many years but recently moved over to the latest version of HRD Digital Master 780. It is much better. FLDigi just seems so dated. Glad I went with Ham Radio Deluxe it works very well.

N1GMV Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2016 16:09 Send this review to a friend
I love it!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I love this program, is it easy to set up? NO! Does it do what I want, pretty much except I wish the printing options worked a bit nicer. But after using other I really like this program and its ability to connect to both my IC7600 AND my IC9100 simultaneously via USB cables. I can easily click and go into digital modes and the audio is transferred through those same cables.

Oh and don't use an old slow machine. You will need at least an Core I5. I am running an I7 6700 with a SSD and it runs smooth as silk

The other day I tested out a Bluetooth Accessory dongle on my 817 and and could control that radio as well but it did not transfer the audio.
The program is a bit dis contiguous seems to be a merger of multiple applications but if you know your way around a PC you will be fine.

Let me reiterate, if your not computer savvy this program is probably NOT for you and may be better off using a web based system. But I love this program and never needed their support.

WX4O Rating: 1/5 Dec 27, 2016 15:01 Send this review to a friend
Mistake  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought it TWICE! Doesn't work right. Deleted it off my 'puter. TWICE. No thanks.

W3DDF Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2016 08:43 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Software  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I used the free version several years ago and did not like it. I thought that DM780 was difficult to use. I decided to give the latest version a try. It is much better than FLDigi. I purchased the software and it works great. Have not had a problem with it. Have not needed to use their support yet but so far so good.

WD8NVN Rating: 2/5 Dec 26, 2016 16:11 Send this review to a friend
Great then Junk  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Worked good till I updated... HRD = Junk...