Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | Ham Radio Deluxe Help

Reviews Summary for Ham Radio Deluxe
Ham Radio Deluxe Reviews: 341 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $99.95
Description: Control software for a variety of radios.
More info: http://www.ham-radio-deluxe.com/

You can write your own review of the Ham Radio Deluxe.

K4BLM Rating: 5/5 Apr 30, 2014 10:36 Send this review to a friend
Much needed helping hand  Time owned: more than 12 months
Before I bought and installed HRD..lots of frustration...once it was operational.. how did I run efficiently without it? So many features included and more added in each timely update. I suggest that the online manuals and/or videos be used to expedite install and kick start using it. Should there be ANY difficulty,support is readily available. Tim is there for you and in a phone he can guide you through the process. I called him several times to assist me in fine tuning HRD for my particular needs. He's a master of the software. HRD is truly a wonderful addition to my enjoying my radio time.

W6HDG Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2014 09:18 Send this review to a friend
Don't hesitate....  Time owned: more than 12 months
We all like free. It is hard to compete with free. But the $99 version of HRD 6 is so amazing, I consider it the best money I have spent on my station in years. I used to use the free version, but the new owners have implemented lots of features I can't live without such as 'Worked Status Indicators' which immediately show if you need someone on the cluster to add a new band, mode or country. HRD is not one program, it is a suite of integrated programs that all work together. I use dual monitors so I have HRD Rig Control, Logbook and Digital Master all up at the same time for everything at my fingertips.

HRD uses a single COM port (or USB serial port) to integrate all the programs and functionality. It even connects to other DDE Windows compatible programs such as NaP3 Panadapter software which I used with an LP-PAN IF interface. So one serial port does it all for me - I don't need an expensive COM port sharing device such as Microham, etc.

You can start with just Rig Control and then add the other apps as you learn the ropes. It even has Rotor Control and Satellite modules. This software is very powerful and full featured so you may need some support - but I've found the support to be superb from the new HRD team and the forums to be full of seasoned, helpful users.

73, Howard W6HDG

NN3V Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2014 19:34 Send this review to a friend
BEST SUPPORT OF ANY PRODUCT  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi all.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I've had my license for 35 years. In that time I've owned dozens of commercially available products. I am a graduate engineer with a doctorate in computer science. I have no business relationship whatsoever with HRD.

Starting two months ago I ran into a sluggish performance problem with HRD. I dedicated enormous amount of time in troubleshooting without any success.

I filled out a trouble ticket with HRD support (I have a paid license for version 6.2).

In all my years of working with computers and commercially available products, I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED SUCH INCREDIBLE SUPPORT AS I RECEIVED FORM THE HRD TEAM.

The root of my problems was a BIZARRE Windows 7 64 bit ACCESS data base issue. I'll not bother with the details other than to say it BAFFLED comprehension.

The HRD team gave me well over 2 weeks near real time support in troubleshooting. Even on weekends, they guys either remoted into my system for troubleshooting, or were there 24 x 7 answering questions (not trivial since they are in Florida and I am in California).

The end result was that we solved a problem Microsoft has been ignoring for years!

Their assistance got me back up and running what has to be the best logging program , radio control program, and digital mode program available in ham radio (not yet a contest program, but going that way).

So to all I say: WHAT A GEAR SUPPORT TEAM. THEY DO NOT EXITS BETTER!

73 de NN3V
Charlie

G4BHE Rating: 4/5 Mar 13, 2014 12:52 Send this review to a friend
Very good except PSK Reporter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Upgraded to version 6, but it does not seem to support PSK Reporter in PSK31 mode, only showing spots as all modes, so reluctantly have had to go back to the free 5.24 version. Logging and radio control - FT950- works as I would like it.Get PSK reporting working and I'll be back.

Barry G4BHE

WK1W Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2014 13:14 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product & Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using HRD for several yrs. Recently got 6.1.4. Great program. Wonderful features; many are new. Some issues for which Tim KB3NPH helped me. One is that the Serial-USB I used in XP did not work right. He recommended RT Systemns' cable. Works perfectly. Then some minor issues; he walked me thru. Together we found a bug: I had duplicates which could not be resolved with the duplicate removal. Tim and I will report it to the developers.

Once again I am delighted with this program and support. At the end of myt subscription I intend to renew.

AG4CG Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2014 17:26 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product which gets better with each release.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have use the free versions of HRD for many years. When it changed hands, I paid for the subscription version. I have been pleased with the enhancements that are being rolled out and with the support that comes with the newer versions. The package is flexable and can be changed to accommodate almost any operating style or mode. I plan to continue using HRD for my on air activity.

Recently I had a problem with getting digital output. I felt that I, or the cat on the keyboard, had made some sort of change. I spent a few days trying to resolve the issue and then finally called the HRD support line. Tim, KB3NPH, quickly identified the problem and got me back on the air. This help alone was well worth the annual cost.

I recommend this product and their approach to support without reservation.

K6SID Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2014 15:28 Send this review to a friend
HRD a great product with great support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using HRD since 2007 and have enjoyed using the product in all its various versions. Recently when I attempted to put HRD on a newly replaced installed hard drive, I ran into numerous problems moving my data from the old drive to the new drive. HRD Technical Support came to the rescue...

I must say that I was totally amazed at the technical support provided by HRD and specifically Tim Browning, KB3NH. I am retired out of the software business and know exceptional support when I get it. My problems were solved almost immediately and when I developed others issues when interfacing LOTW and HRD on the new drive, Tim was quite responsive solved the issues that were really operator problems.

There have been a lot of people upset with the fact that there is now a fee associated with HRD, when in the past the product was free. However, with the fee comes technical support and new development. When you need technical support it is worth its weight in gold. I can only tell you that from my past experience in the software business the HRD support goes beyond being outstanding. It is fantastic...

Howard - K6SID

WA8FEA Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2014 08:39 Send this review to a friend
Great Support!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Due to operator error (me!), I had some problems with DM780. I called the support number last night for paid subscribers and received a call back from Tim this morning. After about 5 minutes on the phone, Tim was able to get everything working properly.

Great program and great support. Thanks Tim.

Gary

AJ4RW Rating: 2/5 Jan 22, 2014 14:11 Send this review to a friend
HRD Ver 6.0 - Save your money!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using HRD since 2008 and loved it till Version 6.0. Purchased HRD 6.0 before its release date in 2012. Version 6.0 had several problems that weren't present in vers 5 and earlier. I would install the vers 6.0, check to see if they were corrected and then uninstall it and revert back to ver 5. This has went on since I purchased and finally got and email wanting to close out these problem tickets in Dec 2013. Installed it again and SOS. Of course, now I need to pay for support to get these problems corrected! Version 5 and earlier were the highlights of HRD

NN3RP Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2014 11:48 Send this review to a friend
Support is Great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been using HRD, latest and greatest, for a couple of months now... I was able to migrate my database and I've been a happy camper using this terrific software.

I decided I wanted a separate log for JT65 only and here came my problem...my Windows 8 did not want to cooperate. I followed the instructions from the user's manual to the letter and still no go.

I contacted HRD and I was greeted by Tim (KB3NPH)...No Problemmo Here... He was very patient and had to even remote into my system. He was able to fix the issue (apparently a registry hack). After this was done and a restart of the system we were able to create my desired dbase.

We spent about 1/2 on the phone. Tim knew what to do from the beginning.

Thanks, Tim. I'll count on you always.

Rafael / NN3RP