Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | Ham Radio Deluxe Help

Reviews Summary for Ham Radio Deluxe
Ham Radio Deluxe Reviews: 338 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $99.95
Description: Control software for a variety of radios.
More info: http://www.ham-radio-deluxe.com/

You can write your own review of the Ham Radio Deluxe.

G4BHE Rating: 4/5 Mar 13, 2014 12:52 Send this review to a friend
Very good except PSK Reporter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Upgraded to version 6, but it does not seem to support PSK Reporter in PSK31 mode, only showing spots as all modes, so reluctantly have had to go back to the free 5.24 version. Logging and radio control - FT950- works as I would like it.Get PSK reporting working and I'll be back.

Barry G4BHE

WK1W Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2014 13:14 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product & Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using HRD for several yrs. Recently got 6.1.4. Great program. Wonderful features; many are new. Some issues for which Tim KB3NPH helped me. One is that the Serial-USB I used in XP did not work right. He recommended RT Systemns' cable. Works perfectly. Then some minor issues; he walked me thru. Together we found a bug: I had duplicates which could not be resolved with the duplicate removal. Tim and I will report it to the developers.

Once again I am delighted with this program and support. At the end of myt subscription I intend to renew.

AG4CG Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2014 17:26 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product which gets better with each release.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have use the free versions of HRD for many years. When it changed hands, I paid for the subscription version. I have been pleased with the enhancements that are being rolled out and with the support that comes with the newer versions. The package is flexable and can be changed to accommodate almost any operating style or mode. I plan to continue using HRD for my on air activity.

Recently I had a problem with getting digital output. I felt that I, or the cat on the keyboard, had made some sort of change. I spent a few days trying to resolve the issue and then finally called the HRD support line. Tim, KB3NPH, quickly identified the problem and got me back on the air. This help alone was well worth the annual cost.

I recommend this product and their approach to support without reservation.

K6SID Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2014 15:28 Send this review to a friend
HRD a great product with great support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using HRD since 2007 and have enjoyed using the product in all its various versions. Recently when I attempted to put HRD on a newly replaced installed hard drive, I ran into numerous problems moving my data from the old drive to the new drive. HRD Technical Support came to the rescue...

I must say that I was totally amazed at the technical support provided by HRD and specifically Tim Browning, KB3NH. I am retired out of the software business and know exceptional support when I get it. My problems were solved almost immediately and when I developed others issues when interfacing LOTW and HRD on the new drive, Tim was quite responsive solved the issues that were really operator problems.

There have been a lot of people upset with the fact that there is now a fee associated with HRD, when in the past the product was free. However, with the fee comes technical support and new development. When you need technical support it is worth its weight in gold. I can only tell you that from my past experience in the software business the HRD support goes beyond being outstanding. It is fantastic...

Howard - K6SID

WA8FEA Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2014 08:39 Send this review to a friend
Great Support!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Due to operator error (me!), I had some problems with DM780. I called the support number last night for paid subscribers and received a call back from Tim this morning. After about 5 minutes on the phone, Tim was able to get everything working properly.

Great program and great support. Thanks Tim.

Gary

AJ4RW Rating: 2/5 Jan 22, 2014 14:11 Send this review to a friend
HRD Ver 6.0 - Save your money!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using HRD since 2008 and loved it till Version 6.0. Purchased HRD 6.0 before its release date in 2012. Version 6.0 had several problems that weren't present in vers 5 and earlier. I would install the vers 6.0, check to see if they were corrected and then uninstall it and revert back to ver 5. This has went on since I purchased and finally got and email wanting to close out these problem tickets in Dec 2013. Installed it again and SOS. Of course, now I need to pay for support to get these problems corrected! Version 5 and earlier were the highlights of HRD

NN3RP Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2014 11:48 Send this review to a friend
Support is Great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been using HRD, latest and greatest, for a couple of months now... I was able to migrate my database and I've been a happy camper using this terrific software.

I decided I wanted a separate log for JT65 only and here came my problem...my Windows 8 did not want to cooperate. I followed the instructions from the user's manual to the letter and still no go.

I contacted HRD and I was greeted by Tim (KB3NPH)...No Problemmo Here... He was very patient and had to even remote into my system. He was able to fix the issue (apparently a registry hack). After this was done and a restart of the system we were able to create my desired dbase.

We spent about 1/2 on the phone. Tim knew what to do from the beginning.

Thanks, Tim. I'll count on you always.

Rafael / NN3RP

N7KTX Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2014 14:57 Send this review to a friend
Excellent support for 6.1.4!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Upgraded from 5.11 to 6.1.4 recently. I run Windows 7 with a 64 bit system and had trouble migrating my log file from the old version to new. Got hold of Wizard Tim (KB3NPH) at HRD support (first ring!) and he worked it through with me in a few minutes. Turns out the migrating program gets along best with 32 bit systems.

Tim didn't hustle off the phone as soon as we solved that problem, either. He asked how I was doing with several other user interface areas and volunteered to help me tweak selectable items to my advantage. Very helpful.

I have always been impressed with HRD, but I'm even more impressed with these folk's support. If you come to feel that something (like the efficiency of the logging program) isn't as good as it could be, give Tim a call. You probably just missed something.

KK6AL Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2014 09:39 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Support Very Useful Program  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Three months with full-pay HRD and very happy with the results and the support. Tim at HRD got me up and running. Three months of bliss, including fun and games with Hellschreiber and other digital modes. Then I screwed something up in the computer, and once again, Tim spent the time needed on the phone and on-line connection, getting me back on track. I yam a happy camper.

WZ3O Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2014 17:21 Send this review to a friend
Last free version of HRD  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'd give it a 4.7 if possible, so I'm rounding up.

#1 - My version .... Free

#2 - So many features...

#3 - DM 780 for digital modes, including SSTV etc, etc....

And more, so for the price Hi Hi, I like it, a lot ...

There are sites where you can still download the free version... try it, I did....