Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | Ham Radio Deluxe Help

Reviews Summary for Ham Radio Deluxe
Ham Radio Deluxe Reviews: 382 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $99.95
Description: Control software for a variety of radios.
More info: http://www.ham-radio-deluxe.com/

You can write your own review of the Ham Radio Deluxe.

VA3XUK Rating: 1/5 Jun 7, 2016 19:01 Send this review to a friend
Disappointed.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I was so happy when I saw that HRD supported my FT767GX.
I sent an email to them to confirm, and yes, they said it now worked with my 767. I went ahead and bought it, all seemed fret until I tried entering details into the log. It just would not display correct frequency... I tried and tried.

After logging a few tickets with HRD. They finally told me, the logging portion did not work with the 767. And as it was an old radio, they would not be doing a fix.

I asked if I could have a refund.... That is when they said I should talk to their lawyers..

Disgraceful service and attitude. I now use TRX Manager, and it works great!!!

WB8ZCC Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2016 13:09 Send this review to a friend
Great response, HRD rocks!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using HRD since Simon had the program, now it's in great hands with Rick & company, and IT KEEPS GETTING BETTER! They recently solved a security key issue I had very well and quickly. Keep up the great work, HRD!

K3LB Rating: 5/5 May 26, 2016 11:28 Send this review to a friend
HRD works Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using HRD for all my logging chores for seven years. Recently, I installed Microsoft Office on my PC and HRD stopped working. Tim, at HRD, worked "Miracles" and had me back up in about ten minutes. Thanks to Tim and all the great TECH Support folks at HRD. K3LB ...Larry

GM4WCE Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2016 13:18 Send this review to a friend
Central part of my station  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using HRD since v5. Two years ago I bought a Flex6300 and so had to switch over to the paid v6. I use HRD lite as the interface between the rig and logbook / DM780. I have had two occasions where I contacted support and help was quickly forthcoming, solving the issues effectively. Both logbook and DM780 are stable and reliable with the Flex. I leave both programs open and "sleep" the PC when not operating and have no issues with picking up where I left off when waking the PC and restarting the rig. I use most of the features in the logbook and particularly value the DX cluster band map and the instant QSY on clicking a spot.
HRD is a key part of my shack and I do not believe there is anything with this level of functionality that is as easy to set up and use as HRD. Strongly recommended.

KD9AZW Rating: 2/5 May 13, 2016 10:42 Send this review to a friend
Getting Buggier  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have used HRD for over 18 months. Even renewed my subscription because it seemed to be working pretty well. Recently, however, I may just have seen its other side.
All of a sudden the logbook function started closing as soon as it opened. Same thing for other parts of the app such as Satellite Tracking. Called after my support ticket was not answered for several days and was told they knew about the problem and were working on a fix. Since then a new update came out and I tried it with the same problem showing up. I put in another support ticket and after several more days I received an answer to load another new update. I did so and even did a clean install of HRD to no avail. Finally went on their forum and started a topic only to find out there were a lot of others with the same problem - supposedly a new windows update had caused HRD a major problem which they cannot seem to fix. There was a workaround suggested that is temporary fix so I am limping along now with the workaround. The really disturbing part is that with all the complaints on their forum, my post was removed (it had no foul or accusatory language) and another post topic was locked. HRD indicates it is compatible with W10 but still has a problem and is scrubbing their own forums.

Have to give them a 2

W5EJ Rating: 2/5 May 3, 2016 12:32 Send this review to a friend
Also agree, not what it used to be can't justify cost anymore  Time owned: more than 12 months
Used this program for the last 8 years, more so before the last version, buggy and crashes and really hard to see any difference from the version I used 5 years ago. I also tried DXLABs and it has become my go to for just about everything, CAT control, PSK, etc. Take alittle more to setup and get running but once you do your done and it never has crashed for me.

WC4R Rating: 1/5 May 3, 2016 06:35 Send this review to a friend
Good program, bad value  Time owned: more than 12 months
Simon's free version was (still is) excellent. The latest version is clearly improved but the value of the improvement is highly questionable. Dump the sale price strategy and price it appropriately for the market. $99 is double what the ham market values it at.

K4KFN Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2016 23:59 Send this review to a friend
Great Results  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using HRD since Simone Brown first made it available years ago. I am running the latest version using Windows 10. I am controlling my TS590S and TS-B2000. I use it for CW, SSB, PSK31, and control my JT65 program . I am having great results. No crashes and I like the way it works with LOTW and Eqsl.I don't mind paying to keep the product updated and alive. I have used other control and logging programs but I keep coming back to HRD. In my opinion, for my use, it is the best.

N9KX Rating: 1/5 May 2, 2016 16:34 Send this review to a friend
Expensive for what it is Ė Lacks enhancements  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had been using this package a long time and finally decided it was time to pony up the $99 bucks for the paid version about a year ago. I thought it might be worth having the supportÖ and maybe they will come out with a new improved version or add features to the software? -Yeah right.

Be warned - If you purchase HRD there are no notable improvements to justify the cost over the free version 5. In my experience the new version of the program seems to be a bit unstable and crashes out of the blue. This problem has been well documented and has yet to be fixed. If you want updates, upgrades and the country lists, keep paying year after year for the privilege at $45.

I have been tinkering with the DXLAB suite of programs for quite some time. Although the GUI is not quite as polished, it blows HRD away in functionality and flexibility and itís FREE with support and updates. There is a learning curve however. If all you need is a good logger, have a good look at the N3FJP package for a small fraction of the price of HRD. Pay once and the updates are FREE for life.

With all that considered Iím moving away from HRD to something else. Iím giving HRD a 1 because of poor support and lack of product development.

KE0CU Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2016 18:59 Send this review to a friend
Very good software with excellent product support  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've used the Simon Brown version for several years and found it to be my favorite of all the others I have tried. Not too long ago I bought the paid HRD Software, LLC version and currently I am at v6.3.0.501.I have used it with very little trouble for about 3 months. It isn't perfect but like I said, better (IMHO) than the others. What is really great is the support. I have submitted tickets for two minor issues I was having and they immediately contacted me and took care of the problem. Very fast and friendly. All in all a great experience.