Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | Ham Radio Deluxe Help

Reviews Summary for Ham Radio Deluxe
Ham Radio Deluxe Reviews: 386 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $99.95
Description: Control software for a variety of radios.
More info: http://www.ham-radio-deluxe.com/

You can write your own review of the Ham Radio Deluxe.

K8JHD Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2016 10:10 Send this review to a friend
Best thing going -Worth the money!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ive had it since 2011, really Good program, really good support from Tim. It has some bugs but what program doesnt, regular upgrades and improvements and it beats anything else.
I used the free version for a while and decided to support the cause by paying for the full version, it was definitely worth it !!

K1YPB Rating: 0/5 Jun 22, 2016 17:17 Send this review to a friend
Very arrogant support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have to agree with KJ4EOZ, the support for this product is poor, and somewhat less than what one would expect when having to pay what you have to pay for this product. I too have an FT-991, and after down loading the latest version of the product found that many functions for the FT-991 did not work or did not work properly. When I opened a work order with them, they quickly and arrogantly blamed Yaesu (as KJ4EOZ stated). They said they couldn't do anything about it, and could not say when their "bugs" would be corrected. They obviously did not make an effort to test the product on a FT-991. Putting an expensive product on the market without testing it is not right. I thought it was me, but then when I read this last review, it seems that this seems to be the mode of operation for this crew of computer aficionados. Simon the creator of the product was very polite and accommodating. Attitudes like that of the new owners was entirely not expected and is very disappointing! I cannot and do not recommend this product.

KJ4EOZ Rating: 1/5 Jun 22, 2016 08:46 Send this review to a friend
Not good anymore  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The guys running things are very rude and unwilling to really help . They like to blame it on everything but their software . Every 2 week they come out with updates saying they have fixed this and that . Nothing has been fixed . They say they support the Yaseu FT991 but only maybe 70% .
When I open a ticket for my FT991 1st I was told its Yaseu is who to blame then come to find out they don't even have a FT991 in hand to test with . I waited and waited then ask on the HRD facebook page if things will be fix soon and they blocked me from the facebook page . I was not nasty or anything . Just asked . What's up with them ? If it was still free I would not care But I'm paying for this . software could be great but not like this . If you have a older radio you should be ok but a new radio stay away for now till they get things together if that ever happens . Good luck guys

AB6CC Rating: 2/5 Jun 8, 2016 14:26 Send this review to a friend
Blah  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Even after downloading a new improved version to which Customer Service had referred me, it still crashes at times on my FT-450D. Now, there may well be a trick to manipulating the various adjustments, but after a year of use I haven't found the ideal formula.
The company really isn't trustworthy: at first I was directed to a list of three supported control cables(USB). After it appeared that Windows 7 has issues with the new drivers(per RT Systems), the updated pdf from HRD was altered to exclude RTS cables from the recommended control cable list.
So...HRD blames the cable...the cable manufacturer blames the software....blah blah blah blah blah, and we're stuck in the middle.

VA3XUK Rating: 1/5 Jun 7, 2016 19:01 Send this review to a friend
Disappointed.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I was so happy when I saw that HRD supported my FT767GX.
I sent an email to them to confirm, and yes, they said it now worked with my 767. I went ahead and bought it, all seemed fret until I tried entering details into the log. It just would not display correct frequency... I tried and tried.

After logging a few tickets with HRD. They finally told me, the logging portion did not work with the 767. And as it was an old radio, they would not be doing a fix.

I asked if I could have a refund.... That is when they said I should talk to their lawyers..

Disgraceful service and attitude. I now use TRX Manager, and it works great!!!

WB8ZCC Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2016 13:09 Send this review to a friend
Great response, HRD rocks!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using HRD since Simon had the program, now it's in great hands with Rick & company, and IT KEEPS GETTING BETTER! They recently solved a security key issue I had very well and quickly. Keep up the great work, HRD!

K3LB Rating: 5/5 May 26, 2016 11:28 Send this review to a friend
HRD works Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using HRD for all my logging chores for seven years. Recently, I installed Microsoft Office on my PC and HRD stopped working. Tim, at HRD, worked "Miracles" and had me back up in about ten minutes. Thanks to Tim and all the great TECH Support folks at HRD. K3LB ...Larry

GM4WCE Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2016 13:18 Send this review to a friend
Central part of my station  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using HRD since v5. Two years ago I bought a Flex6300 and so had to switch over to the paid v6. I use HRD lite as the interface between the rig and logbook / DM780. I have had two occasions where I contacted support and help was quickly forthcoming, solving the issues effectively. Both logbook and DM780 are stable and reliable with the Flex. I leave both programs open and "sleep" the PC when not operating and have no issues with picking up where I left off when waking the PC and restarting the rig. I use most of the features in the logbook and particularly value the DX cluster band map and the instant QSY on clicking a spot.
HRD is a key part of my shack and I do not believe there is anything with this level of functionality that is as easy to set up and use as HRD. Strongly recommended.

KD9AZW Rating: 2/5 May 13, 2016 10:42 Send this review to a friend
Getting Buggier  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have used HRD for over 18 months. Even renewed my subscription because it seemed to be working pretty well. Recently, however, I may just have seen its other side.
All of a sudden the logbook function started closing as soon as it opened. Same thing for other parts of the app such as Satellite Tracking. Called after my support ticket was not answered for several days and was told they knew about the problem and were working on a fix. Since then a new update came out and I tried it with the same problem showing up. I put in another support ticket and after several more days I received an answer to load another new update. I did so and even did a clean install of HRD to no avail. Finally went on their forum and started a topic only to find out there were a lot of others with the same problem - supposedly a new windows update had caused HRD a major problem which they cannot seem to fix. There was a workaround suggested that is temporary fix so I am limping along now with the workaround. The really disturbing part is that with all the complaints on their forum, my post was removed (it had no foul or accusatory language) and another post topic was locked. HRD indicates it is compatible with W10 but still has a problem and is scrubbing their own forums.

Have to give them a 2

W5EJ Rating: 2/5 May 3, 2016 12:32 Send this review to a friend
Also agree, not what it used to be can't justify cost anymore  Time owned: more than 12 months
Used this program for the last 8 years, more so before the last version, buggy and crashes and really hard to see any difference from the version I used 5 years ago. I also tried DXLABs and it has become my go to for just about everything, CAT control, PSK, etc. Take alittle more to setup and get running but once you do your done and it never has crashed for me.