Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | Ham Radio Deluxe Help

Reviews Summary for Ham Radio Deluxe
Ham Radio Deluxe Reviews: 356 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $99.95
Description: Control software for a variety of radios.
More info: http://www.ham-radio-deluxe.com/

You can write your own review of the Ham Radio Deluxe.

W6ORZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2013 09:50 Send this review to a friend
Excellent application  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been using a logging program for years. I like the ability to get DXCC status, prior QSO's and beam headings when I enter a call sign. Earlier this year I started looking for more functionality. I looked at Ham Radio Deluxe but didn't have the time to pursue it further. In July I read the QST review and revisited HRD. I downloaded the latest version. It installed with no problem. I exported my log from my old software and imported to HRD with no problem. The radio control interface is fantastic. I live in the DX Cluster window and jump when I see something interesting. Right-click on a call sign and it loads QRZ.com for a better look at the other ham. Another right-click and the call is in the log QSO window. Click "Add" and it's in the log. And the new log entries automatically upload to eQSL.com and HRDLog.net. In digital modes, you can automatically save the log entry from your "73 and good-bye" macro. With a compatible rotator, HRD will also point your beam. In a nutshell HRD does all the administrative work and lets me focus on hamming. I had one problem. The HRD radio screen has an option to support LDG Electronics antenna tuners. I could not get that to work. I called HRD Support and talked to Tim. We tried various things - all unsuccessful. Tim went on-line and downloaded the AT-897Plus tuner manual. We finally realized that the AT-897Plus works differently than the generic LDG tuners - it is designed for the Yaesu FT-897D only. So, I still have to push one button on the radio (for tuning) and have to reach over to rotate the Hex Beam. Overall I LOVE this software! Tim at HRD support was fantastic. He worked with me to figure out my problem and then spent additional time to give me some pointers on making the Digital Master 780 program work more efficiently. With access to people like Tim, I will gladly pay the annual support fee after my first year of support ends. This is a complex suite of software. It does a LOT of things. The interface allows the user to configure the rig buttons and sliders that display. And, rig control displays in the Logbook and the DM780 digital windows. The documentation is reasonable - it could be better. It will get you up and running. It will guide you through most of your questions. And if that doesn't work - you can call Tim and he'll help!

WD5GBS Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2013 16:09 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently subscribed to HRD. After using it for a few weeks on my laptop, I decided to download it to the computer in my shack. After downloading it, I had nothing but problems getting logbook to launch.

I called support this morning and spoke to a very helpful gentleman. I don't recall his call, but it was KB3??. He took control of my computer and had me up and running in a few minutes! Not only did he fix my problem, he took the time to answer and help me troubleshoot some configuration problems I was having.

I'm totally satisfied with not only the product, but with the support I received as well.

AB9SX Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2013 11:01 Send this review to a friend
Unbelievably Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used HRD since Dayton 2012. Support is unrivaled. Features are extremely useful. You get what you pay for, and this suite is a bargain. If you can spend $1000 or more for a rig, this is a drop in the bucket. Logbook functions are great. Rig control is great. Digital master is great.

KG6MZV Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2013 09:16 Send this review to a friend
Great product with great service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Installed new download and product locked up on starting logbook. I called Tim KB3NPH at Ham Radio Deluxe. He immediately identified a Windows problem, took over operation of the computer, and solved the problem. He also helped me get Ham Radio Deluxe to key my transmitter from the software. Great service and great product. I plan to pay for service when my first year expires as HRD are very knowledgeable on radio interfacing issues.

K3WU Rating: 5/5 Sep 4, 2013 09:24 Send this review to a friend
Service Above and Beyond!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I will first admit that I am not the best on computers, software, etc. I have had the free version of HRD for several years and it worked well for me. I then downloaded the trial version of HRD and immediately had issues. Contacted Tim and he spent a VERY LONG time with me on the phone troubleshooting my issues. Turns out that it was the new anti-virus software that I had recently installed that was causing the problem. After Tim diagnosed and corrected the issue, he then spent more time with me to provide an overview of the latest version of HRD, the logging features, DX cluster (which I had never used), CW keying, etc. He was willing to spend more time but I had to QRT with him.

Needless to say, I am purchasing HRD. I was very impressed with the service. Tim was patient and instructive and clearly, very enthusiastic about the product. Hard to beat the combination of features and service. Thanks Tim!

Jim
K3WU

WA8FEA Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2013 10:16 Send this review to a friend
Awesome  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I had problems getting my Ten Tec Eagle to communicate with my computer using HRD Ver 6. It wasn't the radio or HRD's fault, it was me! I contacted Support@hrdsoftwarellc.com and Tim got my computer and HRD talking to my Eagle and all is fine. I love the software and even more, love the support at HRD.

Good work Tim. Thanks for all your help.

Gary - WA8FEA

W2FBS Rating: 4/5 Jul 2, 2013 18:18 Send this review to a friend
Works Great for Me  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased 6.0 at Dayton. When I got home I had a bit of trouble with it and emailed HRD. I got a very quick return email with suggestions on what to do to fix the problem. Those suggestions did the trick for me. I interface it to a 7700 with a RigExpert interface, No lock up problems, no blue screens. Just works. Works for all bands, digital modes, logging etc.

The trouble I had was simple cockpit error. If I had read the info on the web site before loading it in the computer, I would have saved time and frustration.

Give these guys a chance to iron out any bugs in the software and in their customer service. Were you not young once?

W0DHB Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2013 12:27 Send this review to a friend
Good multifunctional Product  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have been using HRD product line since 2008.
I was glad to see it W4PC and the gang pick it up and breathe new life into it.
Enjoying new 6.0 features especially in HRD Logger and DM780.
Anxiously awaiting SAT Tracker improvements.
Don't mind nominal annual fee as long as improvements keep coming.

KH6DC Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2013 11:11 Send this review to a friend
Awesome  Time owned: more than 12 months
After all the hub bub, I'll throw in my 2 cents worth. I've been using HRD since Simon Brown days and purchased the upgrade with support when it was first announced. I had some issues but when I emailed Rick Puhl or submitted a help ticket, it was resolved within 24 hours. The CAT works excellent with my Rig Expert Standard and the non-CAT Signalink USB as well. Like anything else in life, different strokes for different folks. Pay or go the free unsupported route or shop elsewhere.

KA6OTJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2013 10:16 Send this review to a friend
Old Free ver 5..23 still works perfect for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
Been using HRD for many years and it does everything I have asked it to do and does it well. Most of the complaints seem to be from folks with the new ver 6 software. I just stick with the old version and I am very happy with it. I use it to control my radio (pro lll), for logging, for sending qls's both Eqsl and LOTW. The only thing that I ever had trouble with was when I went to a windows 7 computer without a serial port. the computer would hang up and would not communicate with the radio. It turned out to be a hardware and not a software problem. The problem was with the USB to serial converter cable. Once I changed to a cable with a FTDI chip set all was well again. Oh ya and for the price of free I don't see myself in a position to complan even if I had a complaint. I would just try something else.