Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | FTB8900 Help

Reviews Summary for FTB8900
FTB8900 Reviews: 13 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $15.00
Description: Memory management (cloning) software for the Yaesu FT-8900R quad band FM mobile transceiver
More info: http://www.g4hfq.co.uk/ftb8900.htm

You can write your own review of the FTB8900.

AE7RS Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2005 20:37 Send this review to a friend
Great Value!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I already had a programming cable for my VX7R so I got a Radio Shack 26-149A 6 foot Keyboard Mouse extension cable and rounded off the square part of the mini din plug so it would fit the rig. Made a pigtail with that and a Radio Shack 274-274 three conductor 1/8" inline phone jack. I exported my VX7R data to a CSV file and imported into the FTB8900 program and programmed the rig with no fuss. This took all of about 15 minutes. Happy Puppy Here!

G6DLJ Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2005 08:55 Send this review to a friend
Excellent VFM!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
For £10 you really can't go wrong here, it makes programming the FT-8900 an absolute doddle an appears to be bug free! I use an Icom interface I've re-wired for my VX-2 with a 3.5 stereo to a 6 pin mini-Din adaptor. The program can also import csv file from other programas such as VX2 commander so you only need have 1 master memory csv file for numerous rigs (I also use an FT-7800 for which a verison is also availabe)

If you aren't into constrution see http://g4zlp.co.uk/CATpage.htm for range of inexpensive interfaces and remember, Yaesu mobiles, VX handhelds and Icom seem to use the same interface, it's just the connectors that vary.

K6MTT Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2004 00:14 Send this review to a friend
Super software for the Yaesu FT-8900R  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Way better than the Yaesu/RT Systems stuff, this is the best for this radio. And Bob's support is fantastic - if only all ham software was as good as this. (He really should be charging more!)

Does everything it says, and easily.