Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond SRH77CA Dual Band (2 m /70 CM) HT Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond SRH77CA Dual Band (2 m /70 CM) HT Antenna
Diamond SRH77CA Dual Band (2 m /70 CM) HT Antenna Reviews: 50 Average rating: 3.9/5 MSRP: $29.95
Description: 15" long, male SMA connector, flexible dual-band antenna for handheld transceivers. 1/4 wave on 2 meters, 2.15 dbi gain on 70 cm (Mfgr claim).

You can write your own review of the Diamond SRH77CA Dual Band (2 m /70 CM) HT Antenna.

KC2LOG Rating: 2/5 Apr 3, 2014 17:53 Send this review to a friend
No center contact on my rig  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased this great little antenna for better receive and transmit. On my XTS 5000, it does not have center contact and will not transmit. Looks to be well made but just does not work as my other aftermarket antennas. Check your applications before buying. Will have to get a different style adaptor/antenna.

KG5AEN Rating: 0/5 Mar 4, 2014 18:54 Send this review to a friend
Overall not a good antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this for an upgrade on my ICOM ID-51A. Not only was the reception not any better than the stock rubber ducky antenna, the antenna wouldn't even screw all the way down on my SMA mount. Stood off the base about 1/4". I wouldn't recommend this antenna to anyone.

Look elsewhere. I ended up sending it back and getting a Comet SMA-24. Which is exceptionally good. Another review for that antenna.

W8FUH Rating: 1/5 Feb 16, 2014 17:10 Send this review to a friend
No real improvement over rubber duck  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I get a lot of value from these reviews, so I figured I should do my part.
I bought the SRH77CA at our clubs swap and was eager to try it at home on my Kenwood TH-F6A. I knew I couldn't hit our 2m rpt from inside my shack with the rubber duck, so that would be the key test to see if the Diamond was a step up. Negative.
In fact, I get better performance from the factory duck, and the same goes for 440.
I hate to say it, but don't waste your money...your original antenna will likely out perform this one over and over.

KJ4VVU Rating: 1/5 Aug 19, 2013 12:51 Send this review to a friend
Broken near base  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Seemed to receive better than the stock FT 60R antenna. However after three weeks the antenna broke on the plastic base. Needs to be redesigned to add more strength.

SWMAN Rating: 2/5 Nov 1, 2012 04:34 Send this review to a friend
No Good on 2m  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had this antenna for about a week then I finally returned it for something else. It works ok for 440 but on 2 meters it is no better than my stock rubber duck on my Yaesu FT-60. At times the stock ant was better on 2 meters.Maybe I will try a similar ant made by Commet.
73 Jim. W5JJG

KB9TMP Rating: 2/5 Oct 31, 2012 17:46 Send this review to a friend
Learned My Lesson  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had four of these in different versions. I've had two of the SMA, 1 BNC and one Jetstream branded SMA version. They all work great and they all break in the same spot. Right above the load where the metal case has a plastic piece screwed into it that becomes the antenna whip. The only "repair" that I found that works is to epoxy it back together and then use heat shrink tubing over the top of the joint to give it some extra strength. "IF" I ever get another one of these I will put the heat shrink tubing on FIRST before it breaks, which of course it WILL break. It's only a matter of time.

F4GFT Rating: 2/5 Oct 31, 2012 12:15 Send this review to a friend
Broke after about a year of use  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought the SRH77CA a few months after I got my FT-60. Most of the traffic here is on 70cm, and I surely noticed that I was able to open my usual repeaters with less power. This is the good part.
I give the antenna only 2 points because it broke right above the coil after about 18 months or so of admittedly heavy use. I often used the antenna on a bike, maybe that's too heavy a use. The upper part of the antenna is screwed to the bottom part over a small t
hreaded section, too small in my opinion to make a mechanically realiable connection. I replaced the Diamond with a telescope antenna and have the same results on 70cm, and better results on 2m. I need a robust antenna, and the SRH77CA did not stand the test.

W4JPS Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2012 19:48 Send this review to a friend
It is a Nagoya NA-771  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Waiting on the rigs for these, and will re-review after I get some empirical data points.

However, it appears to be a typical 1/4 wave unity gain antenna for 2m and 1/2 wave for 70cm.

It is more than noteworthy to mention that this antenna appears identical to the DIAMOND SRH77CA in every way vice the logo. Even that has the same font and the packaging is the same... I am guessing NAGOYA is either the OEM or somehow affiliated with DIAMOND.

KI4GTJ Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2012 22:15 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have own both RH77CA&SRH77CH and they both work great on D-STAR/Analog with the icom IC-80AD,ID-31A. Have placed the SRH77CH on the Back of a Kenwood TM-G707 and am able to get into some Analog repeaters from inside with 5w

AK4TO Rating: 5/5 Aug 10, 2012 14:37 Send this review to a friend
An Awesome SMA HT Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is one powerful little HT antenna!! I went from a MFJ 1715S HT antenna which provided me with no range what so ever inside my apartment to this Diamond SRH77CA, which provides me with a huge range of repeaters when I feel like operating my Yesau FT-60RE inside my apartment!! I definitely recommend this HT antenna!!