Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond SRH77CA Dual Band (2 m /70 CM) HT Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond SRH77CA Dual Band (2 m /70 CM) HT Antenna
Diamond SRH77CA Dual Band (2 m /70 CM) HT Antenna Reviews: 53 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $29.95
Description: 15" long, male SMA connector, flexible dual-band antenna for handheld transceivers. 1/4 wave on 2 meters, 2.15 dbi gain on 70 cm (Mfgr claim).

You can write your own review of the Diamond SRH77CA Dual Band (2 m /70 CM) HT Antenna.

VE6ICE Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2016 19:59 Send this review to a friend
VSWR Test results  Time owned: more than 12 months
Always had good results with this antenna. The tests were done on a Rohde & Schwarz ZVH8 Antenna tester using an N Male-to-SMA Female adapter. No doubt the adapter introduces some reflection, so actual performance will be slightly better than reported here. Also see my review of the Diamond SRH320A for comparison, as those tests were done with the same test setup on the same day.

Diamond SRH77CA 2m/70cm (Yellow Bag) Genuine
============================================
VSWR = 1:2.6/1:2.4/1:2.1 @ 144/146/148MHz
VSWR = 1:3.0/1:1.7/1:1.2 @ 420/435/450MHz

Minimum peaks in VSWR:
========================
1:1.5/1:1.1 @ 161/447MHz

So performs as advertised I would say.

14FRS1548 Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2016 12:37 Send this review to a friend
Nice product !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hello,
I receive this antenna 4 days ago and i use it on my FT1DE on 446 MHz.
All reports give a +6dB to a +12dB gain over the stock antenna. Thanks Diamond...
73 to all and HNY !
Philippe

KD2AFY Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2015 15:22 Send this review to a friend
Big improvement on FT1DR  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna showed a big improvement over the stock rubber duck on my fr1dr. The stock antenna is just plain awful. Yes 15 inches is too long to carry on my.belt, but that's not a big deal to me.

KC2LOG Rating: 2/5 Apr 3, 2014 17:53 Send this review to a friend
No center contact on my rig  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased this great little antenna for better receive and transmit. On my XTS 5000, it does not have center contact and will not transmit. Looks to be well made but just does not work as my other aftermarket antennas. Check your applications before buying. Will have to get a different style adaptor/antenna.

KG5AEN Rating: 0/5 Mar 4, 2014 18:54 Send this review to a friend
Overall not a good antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this for an upgrade on my ICOM ID-51A. Not only was the reception not any better than the stock rubber ducky antenna, the antenna wouldn't even screw all the way down on my SMA mount. Stood off the base about 1/4". I wouldn't recommend this antenna to anyone.

Look elsewhere. I ended up sending it back and getting a Comet SMA-24. Which is exceptionally good. Another review for that antenna.

W8FUH Rating: 1/5 Feb 16, 2014 17:10 Send this review to a friend
No real improvement over rubber duck  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I get a lot of value from these reviews, so I figured I should do my part.
I bought the SRH77CA at our clubs swap and was eager to try it at home on my Kenwood TH-F6A. I knew I couldn't hit our 2m rpt from inside my shack with the rubber duck, so that would be the key test to see if the Diamond was a step up. Negative.
In fact, I get better performance from the factory duck, and the same goes for 440.
I hate to say it, but don't waste your money...your original antenna will likely out perform this one over and over.

KJ4VVU Rating: 1/5 Aug 19, 2013 12:51 Send this review to a friend
Broken near base  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Seemed to receive better than the stock FT 60R antenna. However after three weeks the antenna broke on the plastic base. Needs to be redesigned to add more strength.

SWMAN Rating: 2/5 Nov 1, 2012 04:34 Send this review to a friend
No Good on 2m  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had this antenna for about a week then I finally returned it for something else. It works ok for 440 but on 2 meters it is no better than my stock rubber duck on my Yaesu FT-60. At times the stock ant was better on 2 meters.Maybe I will try a similar ant made by Commet.
73 Jim. W5JJG

KB9TMP Rating: 2/5 Oct 31, 2012 17:46 Send this review to a friend
Learned My Lesson  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had four of these in different versions. I've had two of the SMA, 1 BNC and one Jetstream branded SMA version. They all work great and they all break in the same spot. Right above the load where the metal case has a plastic piece screwed into it that becomes the antenna whip. The only "repair" that I found that works is to epoxy it back together and then use heat shrink tubing over the top of the joint to give it some extra strength. "IF" I ever get another one of these I will put the heat shrink tubing on FIRST before it breaks, which of course it WILL break. It's only a matter of time.

F4GFT Rating: 2/5 Oct 31, 2012 12:15 Send this review to a friend
Broke after about a year of use  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought the SRH77CA a few months after I got my FT-60. Most of the traffic here is on 70cm, and I surely noticed that I was able to open my usual repeaters with less power. This is the good part.
I give the antenna only 2 points because it broke right above the coil after about 18 months or so of admittedly heavy use. I often used the antenna on a bike, maybe that's too heavy a use. The upper part of the antenna is screwed to the bottom part over a small t
hreaded section, too small in my opinion to make a mechanically realiable connection. I replaced the Diamond with a telescope antenna and have the same results on 70cm, and better results on 2m. I need a robust antenna, and the SRH77CA did not stand the test.