Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Heil Quiet Phone Help

Reviews Summary for Heil Quiet Phone
Heil Quiet Phone Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $99.00
Description: Noise cancelling headphones
More info: http://www.heilsound.com

You can write your own review of the Heil Quiet Phone.

KB0ETC Rating: 1/5 Aug 3, 2004 11:41 Send this review to a friend
Amazed when I "flipped" the switch!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I took delivery of the Heil Quiet Phones headset yesterday. I open the box, pulled the headset out and had to put an ear muff pad back on one side, it was loose inside the box.

I put a brand new battery in it (not the supplied battery) and attempted to power the headset up with the power switch. No power...

Looked inside the box for the 1/4" adapter, could not locate it. Went to the shipping container and rooted through the Styrofoam, and still did not find it.

No instruction sheet or "Congratulations on your Purchase..." letter.

I called Burghardt's, they opened several other boxes and discovered the phono adapter was missing is all of there boxes as well.

Plugged headset into my notebook to test it, I have sound with the power switch in the off position, but nothing (no sound) when the switch is in the "on" position.

The LED on the headset does not light in either position.

My box has the Heil "QC Approved" sticker on the outside, however, what is the extent of Quality Control?

I gave it a 1/5 only because, I know that Bob makes better stuff then this headset (I have a shack full of his equipment).

The Heil QC department needs to exercise a little more "Attention to Detail" before affixing the sticker. Same for the packaging department, please ensure all the enclosed accessories are there before closing the box.

Awaiting my replacement headset, but this one is DOA out of the box! I will see if the replacement is any better or not.

K8ND Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2003 13:38 Send this review to a friend
Another Incremental Improvement...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
They are not magic, but they are another step in reducing fatigue in operating, especially when digging weak signals out of noise.

The noticable effect is the near-elimination of the low-frequency ambient noise presented to the ear. This greatly reduces fan noise, and incidental family noise in another room. It does not eliminate higher-frequency noise, like the high-frequency component of voices from the television, pet birds chirping, telephones ringing, etc.

I would prefer that they were designed to fully enclose the ear rather than sit on the ear, but that's a matter of personal preference, and doesn't detract from their usability.

Jeff K8ND

KB4QLZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 4, 2003 18:51 Send this review to a friend
Amazing  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Another OUTSTANDING product from Heil Sound. Dropped in an AA Battery, clicked a switch, and the noise from 3 PCs, 2 Amps, and my room Air Conditioner has disappeared. I can now hear the weakest of the weakest of stations on my HF rigs. They are lightweight too boot! Well worth buying.

Mark KB4QLZ
www.kb4qlz.com

K7FD Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2003 19:53 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The drone of 3 or 4 computers, amplifier fan, rig fan, etc. is all but history when I put on these headphones! It's nothing short of amazing...

These lightweight headphones are comfortable to wear; the adjustable head band makes it basically one size fits all. My petite xyl had no problem finding a good fit...most headphones are too large for her.

A switch on the left ear piece lets you select noise cancel or no cancelling. But be prepared to be AMAZED when you flip the switch to cancel! It gives a totally different perspective to headphone listening...you'll soon discover what having a set of quiet headphones is all about! Believe me when I say you're wading through tons of extra noise you don't need to if you're using standard headphones...

73 John K7FD