Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Clocks | MFJ-125 Quartz Clock Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-125 Quartz Clock
MFJ-125 Quartz Clock Reviews: 11 Average rating: 1.0/5 MSRP: $29.95
Description: MFJ-125 12 inch DXer's Quartz Wall Clock
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com

You can write your own review of the MFJ-125 Quartz Clock.

KD5PNT Rating: 3/5 Apr 16, 2016 22:23 Send this review to a friend
works OK   Time owned: more than 12 months
24 hour part keeps good time as does the day and date dials . only gripe is that the local time dial does not stay on the correct time. it stays about 6 hours slow . reset it and it will be 6 hours off in 3 or 4 days .

owned for 10 years

would not buy another one even it was still available.

W6USC Rating: 1/5 Jul 10, 2010 00:22 Send this review to a friend
broken hand  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
bought from nearby ham was for $5.00 took a try after 2 months the large hand fell off. could not fix it so i GI canned it. glad i didnt pay full price.

K0FL Rating: 1/5 Jul 8, 2010 06:06 Send this review to a friend
Skip It  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'll add my voice to the rest of the reviews. This clock is junk. Doesn't keep time. Hangs up. I won't bash all MFJ products but this one is garbage.

KD7SWL Rating: 0/5 Dec 30, 2009 17:15 Send this review to a friend
Terrible  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I got this clock because it looked great, but it is a big disappointment because it never keeps good time and the day hand and local and weekday hands do not stay in place i.e. gravity takes over and they point to the ground. I always have to reset this clock almost daily. Very annoying, get a different clock, not this one...

NE4EB Rating: 0/5 Jul 20, 2007 09:52 Send this review to a friend
It's MFJ, What Do You Expect?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I, too, was given once of these as a gift recently. The unit was defective right out of the box. MFJ customer support hung up on me when I began to get upset at their implications that I was somehow to blame.

Not only should one stay away from this clock, all MFJ products should be avoided like the plague. It never ceases to amaze me how some MFJ products can be given a "5" when the comments are, "Well, this tuner came with a shorted capacitor, but once I spread out the plates and touched up a few cold solder joints, it seems to work now". That's a "5" rating? MFJ will continue to thrive as long as people keep buying their junk. If you are one of the luck few that ever get an MFJ product to work, good for you. However, if you had to rebuild the entire unit out of the box, IT IS NOT A "5".

Break the cycle, spread the word, stay away from this worthless crap.

VK6XH Rating: 0/5 Jul 20, 2007 05:55 Send this review to a friend
what a shocker  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was given this clock as a gift from the club i belong to for services rendered. After one week, 3 batteries and numerous resets I mentioned to our president how disappointed I was. he sent my email to MFJ and the responses from their contact were
"good. tell him to throw it in the trash then.
----- Original Message -----

From: 'Richard Stubbs'
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 12:05 PM
Subject: Clock recently received

From: Richard Stubbs [mailto:mfjcustserv@mfjenterprises.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 18 July 2007 10:23 PM
To:
Subject: Re: Clock recently received

yes, we have a one year warranty replacement or repair, but if someone is an @#$%, then there is no reason to follow through with it. you should have gave the clock to a more deserving person.

Do you think I will EVER have an MFJ product in my shack again? not likely with an attitude like that !!

And all I said was MFJ- made from junk, I thought that was the standard nickname for them.
73 Keith

AD3G Rating: 2/5 May 30, 2005 11:41 Send this review to a friend
Not worth it  Time owned: more than 12 months
XYL unknowingly bought me as Xmas present two years ago,I wouldn't have bought for myself,but here goes...hr/min hands needed re-adjustment right out of the box,they kept bumping each other.Smaller hands don't align with numbers on face.But it does work now after much tinkering. Printed a Collins winged logo and glued it over the MFJ logo,for obvious reasons.Not real accurate,but not bad enough to complain..I readjust it every four months or so. Save your money,look for another clock,the quality is not there.

KA2SHU Rating: 0/5 Jan 3, 2005 15:19 Send this review to a friend
Poor and Unreliable  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Another MFJ poor offering. The one I have is totally unreliable. The date hand does not center on the number. The clocks hands bind with each other and then nothing is correct. Other than its impressive looks, it's nearly worthless. Pass on this one!

W4SHU

AJ3U Rating: 0/5 Jan 1, 2005 22:26 Send this review to a friend
Lousy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Definitely not worth the money. The hour hand became loose within 1 day and started hanging up on the other dials. The gold rim on the outside flakes off very easily giving the clock a very "cheap" look. I'm going to return this to HRO and get my money back.

AG4ZZ Rating: 2/5 Nov 11, 2003 12:01 Send this review to a friend
Don't expect a good one out of the box...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought this clock from HRO, took it home and unpacked it. There was no documentation or instructions with it, and nothing of help printed on the box. But not rocket science, I thought, twisting the knobs on the back and inserting a AA cell. The next day, the day indicator was off by a day and the local time was off by an hour. Resetting helped only temporarily. And it seemed that the hour hand was not synchronized with the position of the minute hand. Finally got frustrated and yanked off the front plastic cover and gave the hour hand a yank. It advanced a notch and now the clock seems to work OK. Can't explain why. Could have sent it off to MFJ, but it didn't seem worth the trouble. Finally, it does look nice on the wall, and people commenting on it get a lecture on UTC and ham radio...
Another MFJ junker that just missed getting thrown out. Finally, it does look nice on the wall, and people commenting on it get a lecture on UTC and ham radio...