Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | SOTA 2m 3 el Beam Help

Reviews Summary for SOTA 2m 3 el Beam
SOTA 2m 3 el Beam Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: The 3 element 2 metre SOTA Beam is set to change the way you think about portable radio. It weighs less than 7oz (200gm) and assembles in seconds. It offers great performance with low weight. What more could you want!
More info: http://www.sotabeams.co.uk

You can write your own review of the SOTA 2m 3 el Beam.

M3JMO Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2003 18:36 Send this review to a friend
Lightweight Beam with Heavyweight Performance!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am so impressed with this antenna! I bought it a few weeks ago after someone at my club mentioned it...

This antenna has been designed for use when working SOTA (Summits On The Air) so it is very lightweight (which helps when walking up hills) and easy to assemble (good for when you're on top of a windy hill!). It has been specifically designed to be used with a 7m Fibreglass Telescopic "Fishing Pole" type mast, and comes with guy ropes, very high quality alloy pegs and a pre soldered run of co-ax with a BNC connector.

The quality of this antenna is amazing, everything just feels right. From the unbelievably light but strong pegs for guying to the very flexable but high quality co-ax, it is a very well thought out package.

The antenna's lightweight elements fit inside the boom and are held inside by rubber caps, so you just need to put the co-ax, pegs and guy ropes inside your bag!

The SWR is very good on this antenna and required no tuning or snipping bits off the elements... It worked right out of the bag.

The second time I used this antenna I was parked up at the side of the road on some high ground. I tuned my Yaesu FT-100D to the SSB section of the 2m band and promptly made 2 contacts into France from northern England... Using 10w!

It also survived a fall from around 4m onto tarmac when I accidentally let go of the mast when guying it up! There was no damage at all!

All in all, I am very happy with my purchase and will be using this antenna whenever I go 2m portable.

73's de M3JMO