Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | Arrow Antenna Corner Reflector Help

Reviews Summary for Arrow Antenna Corner Reflector
Arrow Antenna Corner Reflector Reviews: 8 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $145.00
Description: In the logical progression of antenna evolution: The ordinary dipole gave way to the Yagi-Uda, which utilized directors and a reflector. The single reflector was turned into a screen for a greater back & side rejection. The screen was then formed into a right angle (90 degrees) to improve the forward gain & front-to-back ratio, which created the corner reflector. The Corner Beam gives you the gain of a 10+ foot Yagi, with almost double the front to back ratio and much wider bandwidth.
More info: http://www.arrowantennas.com

You can write your own review of the Arrow Antenna Corner Reflector.

KB6BOB Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2017 12:03 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Antenna & Customer Support  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Great antenna for my application, living outside the main city limits and trying to push as much RF in essentially one direction. Mounted at the top and on the side of an RV garage, painted to match (HOA issues), this antenna performs very well. Less than 1/2 watt reflected for 40 watts forward. Had minor problem with damaged package upon delivery and minor problem with two holes aligning correctly, otherwise all was great. Emailed Tim (owner and maker of this antenna) and got great responses both times. While this antenna would not likely survive mountain top applications, it is build well enough for most other applications. It also out performs my five element yagi with a bit wider beamwidth.

N0TES Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2016 14:27 Send this review to a friend
10+ years  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have always lived well outside the city limits and found that I can hit every repeater from 30 miles out with this antenna and 1 watt. Point it to space and I work satellites! Pump up the power and the fun just keeps happening!

KK4CF Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2015 09:46 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
We use two CRs (CR-146 & CR-440 since early 2015) for all of our VHF/UHF contacts on FM, SSB, and Satellite. Having been hams since the early 80s we have used many different VHF/UHF and always wanted to try a CR. The Corner Reflectors are very good and the service from Arrow is great. SWR is less than 1.5 across both bands. Very pleased with them and would not replace with anything else.

N0TES Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2009 08:51 Send this review to a friend
Shocked me  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm able to hit repeaters on 10 watts that are over 100 miles out with the antenna 8 feet off the ground hanging from one of those L-Bracket TV satellite dish mounts. To get it home (after buying it at a HamFest for $100) I hooked it on the roof rack of my XTerra with three short bungee cords, and drove at 55MPH to my QTH, Doing so didn't phase the antenna at all. It's built more solidly than ANY antenna that I have ever seen made for amateur radio. Flat SWR on 2 meters and 440, even when I upped the power to around 80 watts with an amp. I hit a repeater 180 miles out with that power. Guess I should mention that I'm using this antenna to communicate with the AO-7 satellite and as you can tell, I would recommend it.

W5OP Rating: 2/5 Jun 28, 2007 12:33 Send this review to a friend
Nice construction, poor engineering  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased two 144 mhz. corner reflectors to use as receiving antennas for my repeater system. The antennas began to fail after about two months. The mounting blocks are too soft and won't allow you to tighten the antenna on the mast tight enough to prevent it from weather vaning in the wind. The biggest problem is with the thin reflector elements. The elements are drilled and tapped for a small mounting screw. Any breeze over 40 mph will break the elements in half at the point where they are drilled. My two antennas have lost 13 elements so far. My yagi antennas have had no problems with the wind.

WA4HPH Rating: 5/5 Nov 23, 2006 10:52 Send this review to a friend
Quality, and Performance  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased the dual band 144/440 corner reflector after I saw the qualty of the 2 m ground plane I purchased earlier. The gain is outstanding and the bndwidth is very impressive. If you are looking for the best, look no further!

It has survived several S. Illinois ice storms with NO Problems. The quality, performance and workmanship are unequaled.

KG8CO Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2004 10:03 Send this review to a friend
Well Built Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the 220 version of this antenna, and just put it up this weekend,and the antenna is working great.

The antenna is very well built, and was very easy to put together. The antenna doesn't take up much space on the tower, and was easily installed on one of the tower legs.

WB8NDC Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2003 13:43 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding construction and bandwidth.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For quite a few years I have purchased several brands of vhf yagi to serve as a point to point MARS packet circuit with another station approximately 50 miles away (as the crow flies). I always had problems with these antennas functioning outside the ham bands while maintaining some sort of gain. So, never having a Corner Reflector, I went ahead and purchased one from Arrow Antenna. I was first impressed with their manufacturing process in the material. Everything fit exactly right and the material used is first rate. The manual was nicely written and I had the antenna put together in no time. The performance is outstanding! The bandwidth for this antenna far exceeds any yagi I have purchased. If you are interested in an antenna built to withstand a "direct hit" with outstanding performance, this is the one. There are also other models available for UHF and VHF/UHF combination. I also appreciated the companies quick response to my questions. Outstanding product/excellent service.

Rog