Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Accessories | Nifty! Quick Reference Mini-Manuals for Yaesu, Kenwood & Icom Help

Reviews Summary for Nifty! Quick Reference Mini-Manuals for Yaesu, Kenwood & Icom
Nifty! Quick Reference Mini-Manuals for Yaesu, Kenwood & Icom Reviews: 39 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $16.65
Description: High Quality, Laminated, 12 page booklets covering all aspects of Multi-band, all mode radios. Printed in color, these quick reference guides are packed with condensed and simplified step-by-step setup and operating instructions that are easy and clear to use.

Compact and rugged design lets you keep the guide with you when operating your rig so you can re-program your radio no matter where you are. Instruction sequences are augmented with hints and explanations not found in the manufacturer's user manuals.

Faster and easier to use than a normal user manual, Nifty Ham Accessories has produced a series of these handy guides for most current model Yaesu, Kenwood and Icom transceivers.
More info: http://niftyaccessories.com

You can write your own review of the Nifty! Quick Reference Mini-Manuals for Yaesu, Kenwood & Icom.

KG4RUL Rating: 3/5 Oct 27, 2017 09:38 Send this review to a friend
Gathering Dust  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have Nifty manuals for several radios. I find that while the concept is good, the execution is sketchy. Small type, coupled with cryptic information, tend to make me look for the actual manuals to get needed information.

KD0ZV Rating: 4/5 Oct 26, 2017 15:03 Send this review to a friend
Very nice. Not quite a 5  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
These are very handy. This is my first and its for my Icom 9100. The quality is excellent and I would give it a five if it was about 3 pages longer with slightly more info. I am still going back to the factory manual more than I would like.

But its nice and will probably buy more of them for future radios.

W3FLH Rating: 4/5 Jun 3, 2016 10:34 Send this review to a friend
Nice for mobile/portable ops  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Nifty guides are a great idea for anyone working mobile or portable ops. If you are familiar with most functions of the rig, but want to be able to reference some of the little-used, obscure or buried functions, these guides are a great alternative to bringing your full manual along. They spell out all of the functions in some detail and are small, light, and durable enough to carry with you anywhere you go.

They aren't designed to replace the factory manual if you're just learning how to operate a specific rig, but they do exactly what they're supposed to for quick referencing once you've learned the basics.

K6SDW Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2015 21:30 Send this review to a friend
Better than manufacturer  Time owned: more than 12 months
For my Elecraft K2 I bought the KDSP2 kit DSP filter.....while the directions for putting the kit together are excellent, the directions for setting up and using my new DSP filter are lousy and confusing!!

Come to the rescue the Nifty Mini-Manual for the K2, it includes the KDSP2 operation; And thank God it does!! Just setting the internal clock using the KDSP2 manual was very confusing to follow, but the Nifty manual was written in clean directions and my K2 clock was programmed and running in seconds!

The same goes for using the DSP mode, as with most Elecraft gear 1 button serves many purposes and again the Nifty manual was so much clearer then the K2 manual.

Great job NIfty!!

Elecraft, maybe you could get some assistance from N6FN on how to write a user manual....HI HI

Cheers All!

ed

KE4D Rating: 4/5 Apr 3, 2014 08:38 Send this review to a friend
just fine  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had a number of these manuals. With today's menu driven rigs, I tend to forget how to make things work, especially some of the not so frequently used features. My current K3 has an adequate user manual, I have the 280 page KE7X manual but for quick reference, I use the Nifty Mini, 24 pages and pretty well organized. It doesn't cover everything but I don't have to wade through 280 pages to find the simple stuff that I'm usually looking for.

WB5UXJ Rating: 2/5 Mar 21, 2014 07:13 Send this review to a friend
Slowwwwww shipping  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Not much better than the manual that came with my rig. I paid extra for fast shipping. It didn't ship for 3 days after I paid with paypal.

G8JNF Rating: 1/5 Mar 15, 2014 05:49 Send this review to a friend
No Good To Me  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Good idea but the type is too small.

K6SDW Rating: 4/5 Feb 10, 2014 16:24 Send this review to a friend
Good, but not complete  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought the HF Bands Operating Guide and I use the reference guide to quickly know what operating modes are allowed for each band-frequency.

But, on my cards, 60meters is missing and that's the one band I can never remember!!

Cheers All!

WA1SEO Rating: 1/5 Sep 15, 2012 18:26 Send this review to a friend
Not very helpful  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I finally got a Nifty manual and wound up doing so for a Yaesu VX-7. All I can say is that the only thing good about it is the laminated pages. It is definitely not a quick reference and I always wound up having to refer to the Yaesu manual.

You're better off putting the $20 toward the programming software.

ZL1PO Rating: 4/5 Nov 18, 2011 23:14 Send this review to a friend
Very useful for new and not so new operators .  Time owned: more than 12 months
Overall these are good but have your reading glasses handy.Although not advertised as being water proofed the edges allow the ingress of moister and blur the print
A suggestion for the manufacturer if at all possible seal off the edges following the laminating/trimming process.