Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Accessories | Nifty! Quick Reference Mini-Manuals for Yaesu, Kenwood & Icom Help

Reviews Summary for Nifty! Quick Reference Mini-Manuals for Yaesu, Kenwood & Icom
Nifty! Quick Reference Mini-Manuals for Yaesu, Kenwood & Icom Reviews: 35 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $16.65
Description: High Quality, Laminated, 12 page booklets covering all aspects of Multi-band, all mode radios. Printed in color, these quick reference guides are packed with condensed and simplified step-by-step setup and operating instructions that are easy and clear to use.

Compact and rugged design lets you keep the guide with you when operating your rig so you can re-program your radio no matter where you are. Instruction sequences are augmented with hints and explanations not found in the manufacturer's user manuals.

Faster and easier to use than a normal user manual, Nifty Ham Accessories has produced a series of these handy guides for most current model Yaesu, Kenwood and Icom transceivers.
More info: http://niftyaccessories.com

You can write your own review of the Nifty! Quick Reference Mini-Manuals for Yaesu, Kenwood & Icom.

KG4RUL Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2008 03:54 Send this review to a friend
GREAT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought one for my Wife to use with her Yaesu VX-5R. Her HT is for hurricane emergencies when she has to stay at the hospital where she works. The time interval between her usages of her HT (drills, etc.) is so long that she forgets the nuances of this little rig.

W6CD Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2008 22:50 Send this review to a friend
Got me up and running quickly with a new radio! Great product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a Kenwood TS-480, and ordered the Nifty Mini-Manual along with it. Upon unboxing the radio I browsed through the Kenwood manual, then turned my attention to the Nifty manual - much better. Whereas the Kenwood manual told the name and function of each button and menu selection, the Nifty manual was much more succinct and actually told how to use the buttons and menu selections to optimize the radio.

Highly recommended. I went to their web site and ordered additional items.

AB0RE Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2007 14:55 Send this review to a friend
Wow - must have accessory!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the quick guide for the Yeasu FT-1500M. The guide summarizes approximately 90% of the FT-1500's manual in a very logical and concise format. The reference card is just the right size to flip in the glovebox unfolded for extremely fast reference. I've only had to crack the factory manual twice. Bernie has done a great job on these reference cards and the time and frustration saved make these well worth their price.

KE7FEH Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2007 20:44 Send this review to a friend
Awesome!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have many products from this vendor and I'm very pleased with all of them.

KD4KNR Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2007 03:34 Send this review to a friend
New and Improved!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bernie (the owner) appartently read my earlier review about the Ft-8800 guide noting that problems and corrections section was missing accidental WIRES/ INTernet activation.

He researched it and updated the guide. That says alot of the customer feedback and quality improvement!!!

Steve
KD4KNR

KD4KNR Rating: 3/5 Jun 8, 2007 17:35 Send this review to a friend
Missing important info  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Overall OK product...Seems like its made out of strong material..

However the FT-8800 Manual is missing one of the most common operating problems "accidental WIRES activation"!!!!

For the price, it should been a more detailed manual....

Steve
KD4KNR

WA8MEA Rating: 5/5 May 6, 2007 15:36 Send this review to a friend
Just plain, well...NIFTY!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Excerpts of an e-mail sent to the owner of Nifty:
-----------------------------------------
What a difference your Quick Reference card is for me in operating the Icom IC-2100! I put away that dam manual! Your card was SO much easier to understand than the manual.

I thought maybe you just re-wrote the steps found in the manuals. But it's evident to me you have gone to great lengths to investigate the actual programming procedure for each rig, and try and communicate it in writing as simply as possible.

Hats off for a unique product! This reminds me. I need to go to Eham.net and give you a 5/5 for the product.
--------------------------------------
(And for you CHEAP hams who complain about a product you pay less for than 3 gallons of gasoline, a pox on your micro-processors!)

K5ADF Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2007 23:00 Send this review to a friend
Great Reference  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have one of these for each of my mobile rigs and keep them in the vehicle. They are durable, compact and easy to use and carry. They are a condensed quick reference. When I forget how to setup the rig for a particular use, I find them to be very helpful. I do not believe that they are intended to replace the manual or to be used to initially learn how to use the rig. Nothing beats reading the actual manual when you first buy the rig. I still refer to the actual manual when I am investigating a feature I have not tried before or to determine if the radio has a certain capability.

When used as a quick reference guide in addition to the manual, they are great. I do agree that seeing the entire last page with the advertisement for other products is very annoying.

KC9LCS Rating: 3/5 Apr 22, 2007 21:59 Send this review to a friend
Not What I Thought It Would Be!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I really thought the manuals would be of great help to learning my VX-7R. The instruction manual that came with the radio is much better and easier to understand. The nifty manuals are not any easier to follow than the instruction manual. I would not recommend this manual, but I see others really like them. Thats my $.02.

K5MTF Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2006 11:35 Send this review to a friend
Excellent products - I have several  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have mini-manuals and the mini-reference cards for all my rigs (TS-2000, TM-D700, TH-D7, VX-7R). These are very complete and easy to use. They're also very durable and appear to be waterproof. Much easier to carry and use than the original manuals. Give them a try!

Mike de K5MTF