Reviews Categories | Receivers: Vintage amateur | Heathkit HR-1680 Help

Reviews Summary for Heathkit HR-1680
Heathkit  HR-1680 Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $349.95
Description: Heathkit receiver...companion to the HT-1680

You can write your own review of the Heathkit HR-1680.

M0WQR Rating: 4/5 Jan 16, 2007 09:01 Send this review to a friend
Good Old Work Horse  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought mine new at Benton Harbor in the 1970's. It has never failed. Has excellent sensitivity and has been used for cw mostly. And just keeps working.
WA3SIMI Rating: 5/5 Feb 24, 2004 13:50 Send this review to a friend
great sensitivity  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought and built this about 25 years ago. I got back into the hobby and fired this thing up.

It has excellent sensitivity, and I prefer the audio on this relic to my brand new state of the art Yaesu transceiver!

After a few minutes of "warm-up" (solid state) it is very stable.

Only problem: the front end will oscillate if the antenna impedance is too high.
VR2XMQ Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2003 06:22 Send this review to a friend
Good Receiver  Time owned: more than 12 months
This was an unexpected surprise. A friend sent one to me after he bought it on Ebay for about $65.00 with the matching speaker. He thought it was a general coverage and did not realize it was a ham band only rx.

I was surprised by the audio and quality of the rx, a good standby rx and it looks great! analogue orange dial and S meter. It's looks are similar to the SB-104.

A good standby receiver to have around.
K6ZL Rating: 4/5 Aug 21, 2003 02:58 Send this review to a friend
Receiver with a surprise  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought mine off of E-bay, on a whim. 'Cause it was cheap ($60.00) had nothing to do with it! After cleaning the "plug in, plug out" cards it took right off. Stable, and sounds very good. All I did, was parallel a 6mfd cap with the existing avc cap, to give it slower avc. For a plain vanilla Heathkit (you really don't expect that much) This is a Nice radio. I'm glad I own it. Beware CW/SSB only, no AM detector.