Reviews Categories | Ham Call Sign Accessories | ARRL Car License Plate Frame Help

Reviews Summary for ARRL Car License Plate Frame
ARRL Car License Plate Frame Reviews: 19 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $4.95
Description: Black plastic standard license plate frame.
More info: http://www.arrl.org

You can write your own review of the ARRL Car License Plate Frame.

KG6WLS Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2007 20:02 Send this review to a friend
Best Investment Ever!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Money well spent. I couldn't wait to pull out of the driveway after I installed mine. And, if you're afraid that someone might be as so bold to steal it, secure the frame/plate with tamper proof screws. Works like a charm!!

N0FPE Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2007 19:17 Send this review to a friend
Its da bomb!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I put one on my 2 wheel drive truck and now it works just like a 4 X 4!!! And I think my 706 works as good as a IC-7800!!! Only thing is that it beleives its a no coder!!!!

KG4RUL Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2007 15:02 Send this review to a friend
I like mine!  Time owned: more than 12 months
What is there not to like!

KD4OKR Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2007 13:49 Send this review to a friend
Worth every penny!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Similar in functionality as lightning protection for the rig, this little thing protected my license plate from the impact of a semi. The car was messed up, but my ARRL frame protected my Amateur Radio license plate from certain destruction. I had to replace the car, but that same frame is in use today!

You need this protection on your car! It's also said to improve propagation!

WA8MEA Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2007 14:24 Send this review to a friend
Great DX!  Time owned: more than 12 months
After placing my license plate frame on my vehcile, my DX improved 100%! I was also able to work the world QRP mobile!

A great investment for any ham. Not only does it improve transmitting capabilities, but my reception was VERY much improved!

No direct connection is needed from the rig to the plate frame. It's.........like magic!

KU4MY Rating: 2/5 Apr 27, 2007 13:38 Send this review to a friend
You Must Be Kidding.......  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sorry, but I had to pick #2 or 'needs help'. Why in the world anyone would choose to review a trim ring around a license plate is beyond me. Just WTF?!?! Maybe someone will buy me one for my birthday as all I have right now is a Ken Dixon Chevrolet one and it must be defective because every time I wash the car, it snags and rips my wash rag.

Hey guys, should I start a review thread for my nerdy call sign badge from The Cap 'N' Badge Man, or how about my dog's chew toy, after all, she chews it while she's in here in the hamshack? Man I just am not even believing this.

KG4FOY Rating: 2/5 Apr 27, 2007 07:41 Send this review to a friend
Its a license cover  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Its just another piece of plastic that goes around you're license plate. It just sits there and does nothing. Hell I really have to strain myself and endanger other drivers to see it on my car. Overall its not really worth the money. I'd rather get one with a naked women on it or outline my license plate with orange ball fringe anyway....

W7UY Rating: 2/5 Mar 29, 2004 19:53 Send this review to a friend
Mine broke  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I put one on each of three vehicles. One broke when I tightened it up. It looks great, but it is not as good as it should be.

K9FTB Rating: 5/5 Aug 23, 2003 15:22 Send this review to a friend
Kind'a Says What We're All About  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The frame is imprinted with "When All Esle Fails - Amateur Radio" - just put mine on the car a week before the blackout in the NE. How appropriate - I was on the air from the car and at home (generator and batteries). We were talkin' while the cell phones had failed.

It's a great positive for Ham Radio in genera. Fit my car just like the free "car dealer" frames do.