Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | West Mountain Radio Whatt Meter Help

Reviews Summary for West Mountain Radio Whatt Meter
West Mountain Radio Whatt Meter Reviews: 4 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $$69.95
Description: The Whatt Meter is designed to make voltage, amperage and power measurement easy and fast
More info: http://www.westmountainradio.com/

You can write your own review of the West Mountain Radio Whatt Meter.

KI6LKP Rating: 3/5 May 13, 2009 19:44 Send this review to a friend
As advertised  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It would be nice if the unit had memory to store the amp/hrs. It clears if power is disconnected, and that is something that can easily happen inadvertenly.

N5NA Rating: 4/5 Jun 3, 2004 16:29 Send this review to a friend
Neat Little Unit - One Drawback  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I first tried to order one of these from a model supply store for about $10 less and add my own Powerpole connectors but they were on backorder. I went ahead and ordered from powerwerx.com and received it in just a few days. Works great! So far the only drawback I've seen is it measures the current on the negative side of the supply. I wanted to check the current flow on my mobile rig but since it's bolted to the vehicle and has separate grounds thru the antenna braid and a ground braid I couldn't do it. Otherwise, a great little addition to the shack!

KQ4KK Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2003 17:20 Send this review to a friend
Does what they say it does  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Works great. Can pick up RF and give wrong reading if placed close to an antenna. ASTRO FLIGHT also sells one with .1 milamp resolution and up to only 10 amps.

NS1Z Rating: 3/5 Aug 31, 2003 14:55 Send this review to a friend
Good information  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My first one was a dud. Bought from a West Mountain Radio dealer in California. Had to send it to California for replacement. When I called WMR and asked to return it directly, they said "No WAY!" as it was part of their dealer agreement to return directly to selling dealer. So Maine to California to Connecticut to California to Maine.

However, what a great device! Shows Current consumption, Voltage and power in real time and also gives Ampere Hour running average. This confused me at first as the AH rate was high with everything off but then I realized this info was designed for modellers who would need to recharge their NiCads etc so a cumulative reading was more useful.

Gotta say I really like it. I bought a deep cell battery for portable operation of my HF/VHF equip and it will provide plenty of info to allow me to recharge properly.