Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Antenex CB-144/440C dual band mobile antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Antenex CB-144/440C dual band mobile antenna
Antenex CB-144/440C dual band mobile antenna Reviews: 4 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $49.99
Description: Dual band closed coil collinear mobile antenna. NMO mount, 2/5 db gain 200watts
More info: http://www.antenex.com

You can write your own review of the Antenex CB-144/440C dual band mobile antenna.

KB2VUQ Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2010 21:17 Send this review to a friend
Real Value!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Long story short....

Finally broke the center contact tab on my Maxrad MDB-1444S after 13 years. Willing to try something different, I found the Antenex 144/440C online for $35 shipped ($20 less than a new Maxrad). Same size, same performance as the Maxrad and even has a center contact pin instead of a tab.

Overall it's comparable to the Larsen and Maxrad dual-banders of the same size. Better than the same sized Comet/ Maldol and Diamond varieties.

KI6WDZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2009 19:10 Send this review to a friend
Works great on my truck  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've mounted this antenna on my Nissan Frontier, coupled to a Yaesu FT-8800R. I easily hit repeaters 50-70 miles away here in the Sacramento Valley. I'm very happy with it and would buy another in a heartbeat.

KG4PTZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2004 13:11 Send this review to a friend
Does what it's supposed to  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I don't know where they got this price of $49.99. I paid less than $30 (including the spring!) to RadioOutfitter in Overland Park, KS. They have better prices on Antenex antennas than anywhere else I've seen and they have great customer service. As for the antenna, it has served me rather well since it was installed and has been used on a Yaesu FT90R in my truck in repeater and simplex operation on 2m and 70cm, as well as receive from VHF airband all the way up to 800. I highly recommend the spring if you drive under things often, as I do. I also run their 2m 5/8 wave NMO antenna (B1443S) for APRS and both of them have done precisely what they were supposed to.

N0FPE Rating: 0/5 Aug 31, 2003 20:00 Send this review to a friend
Dual Band Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
This antenna is a peice of junk. And the customer service from Antenex is just as bad. I have had two<2> of these antennas fail. One the toriod inside broke in half!!! The second one the coil just plain failed causing me to lose the final in my mobile radio. I sent email to Antenex and NEVER heard a thing. I then contacted the commercial 2 way shop I bought these antennas from and they tried to get a response with no luck. Do NOT buy any of the Antenex Ham products. They have NO customer service and could care less abt the hams that buy thier junky antennas. Its no wonder that the Comets and Diamonds cost so much!!! At least they work and have customer service!!!

Dan/NFPE