Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | Digipan Help

Reviews Summary for Digipan
Reviews: 35 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $Freeware
Description: The PSK31 program that introduced the concept of "Digital
Panoramic" point and click tuning.
More info: http://www.digipan.net/

You can write your own review of the Digipan.

NH6RF Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2013 10:17 Send this review to a friend
Easy to use Freeware  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Having just ventured into the Digital world, I downloaded WinPSK and Digipan. Although WinPSK was the recommended program to use by the company I bought the sound card interface from, I found that Digipan was more flexible and easier to use. My current digital setup is: Yaesu FT-840, Rigblaster Nomic and Sony Viao Laptop (Windows 8.1). I have had zero problems with the software. I was concerned that Windows ver 8.1 would have compatability issues, but that is not the case.

W7EWJ Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2013 17:18 Send this review to a friend
Great Intro  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've just started into digital modes with my KX3 and the Signalink USB External Sound Card. Signalink recommends Digipan as a starting point and now so do I. I'll be earning my digital operating chevrons with Digipan.

XV2PS Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2013 02:04 Send this review to a friend
Simple and pleasant  Time owned: more than 12 months
Would enjoy a few more macros on the same window, and sometimes the program shuts down. But beside that, it is simple, pleasant, strait forward. I have tried several others, I never felt comfortable.

N8YQX Rating: 4/5 Dec 23, 2012 15:51 Send this review to a friend
Need software PTT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Works well at decoding with IC-7410, but unable to transmit using USB modulation. Looks like Digipan supports Icom CI-V for frequency change, but not for software PTT.

This means Digipan doesn't work with Icom's USB modulation without additional wiring.

KB8NUF Rating: 2/5 Dec 13, 2012 06:03 Send this review to a friend
LOCK UPS  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It looks like an excellent program if I could get it working. Problem is that when I try to configure the sound card and click OK, the program litterly locks up and shuts down. Same thing happens when I try to set the com port. I have other digital programs working without any problems. Digipan is the only one that is causing me this problem.

KB8NUF@arrl.net

AJ4DW Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2012 11:45 Send this review to a friend
Excellent - Still  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is one of the first digital soundcard programs I downloaded, and it is still the best. Alhtough it does not cover many of the newer (less ancient?) digital modes it has that multiple simultaneous decode function which is more valuable than anything else. You can read dozens of stations and pick-and-choose which to respond to.

I have another program with all the other modes, but I only use that when I see an interesting signal on the waterfall not covered by DigiPan.

I highly recommend it to anyone that is just getting started in digital communications.

LNXAUTHOR Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2012 14:57 Send this review to a friend
What more do you need?  Time owned: more than 12 months
vintage PSK application but runs perfectly under OS X 10.5.8 using the CrossOver 10.0 libraries

provides a clean, simple interface - still one of the best and easiest to use PSK programs available...

and the price is right, too!

this program will remain in my stable of go-to PSK clients for a long, long time!

N0FPE Rating: 3/5 Jul 9, 2011 06:02 Send this review to a friend
good but getting old  Time owned: more than 12 months
Good program. works well. Of course it doesnt have all the dozens of other modes like other programs but it works well. BUT it is getting pretty long in the tooth. Last update was in 2004. So the program is getting old but is still very usable.

K4FX Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2011 18:14 Send this review to a friend
The best  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used Digipan for years, the newest version is the most user-friendly psk31 app I have ever used. Whether you are a PC expert or novice, this one is a keeper!

N6CIC Rating: 5/5 Jun 8, 2011 08:36 Send this review to a friend
Perfect for PSK31  Time owned: more than 12 months
Digipan (ver.2) works extremely well for me. I use it with a SignalLink USB interface, Windows 7 on a Dell laptop, and a Yaesu FT-920. Digipan has all the features I need for PSK31 operating and I particularly find the "Tune" and "IMD" features useful. I could not seem to access the "Help" files, but WM2U's Digipan Workshop http://www.qsl.net/wm2u/digipan20.html told me all I needed. Great program and it is free!