Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | Digipan Help

Reviews Summary for Digipan
Reviews: 35 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $Freeware
Description: The PSK31 program that introduced the concept of "Digital
Panoramic" point and click tuning.
More info: http://www.digipan.net/

You can write your own review of the Digipan.

KA4AIY Rating: 4/5 May 12, 2010 20:33 Send this review to a friend
Works Well But...  Time owned: more than 12 months
been using it for couple years now in spite of the stigma associated with using such a user friendly program. I like it's clean presentation screens.. IE not cluttered... my only complaint: there is no Linux version available. Now that Linux has been streamlined (Example: Linux XP Freespire)making a PC superior to MS Windows... but Linux has a little way to go as it is a nightmare to get add on software to run a Windows applications. I wish the over-achieving hams out there would develop seamless applications to do PSK31 under Linux. Linux is a better choice to run a dedicated application like Digipan.

G0RIF Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2010 08:02 Send this review to a friend
Best tool for the job!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using Digipan for PSK31/63 since October 2005 when I re-entered the hobby having been QRT for some 12 years. It was PSK that got me back into the hobby having read about it on the internet.

Since that time I have used one software package for PSK operating - Digipan. I have installed and tried others (including HRD DM780) but I never saw anything better than Digipan. It just does the job it was designed for and it does it well.

Granted it doesn't do all the other whizzy soundcard modes but I installed it for the purpose of working PSK31 and it's still doing that today just as well as it always has.

I have recently installed Digipan to a Windows 7 laptop and it's working just fine and set to keep on doing that for years to come.

Get it. Use it. Love it!

KD7RDZI2 Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2010 14:43 Send this review to a friend
a big 599!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great program for PSK. There are a number of other programs, but this is in my view the most simple to use in TX. I like the function multichannel, so it decodes automatically all the qso as skimmer does for cw... more it highlights the stations calling.

This is one of the best software for psk, and in my view the most simple to use.

However not many other modes can be decoded... If it could decode cw and most of other digital modes, it would be close to perfection.

W1ZI Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2010 13:23 Send this review to a friend
Excellent free software!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used Digipan with an Elecraft K2/SignaLink USB and am now using it with a FlexRadio 3000 and pSDR. In my opinion it is far superior to other more complex packages -- it is simple to use and does not have any problems with WIN XP, VISTA, or WIN7, all of which I have used extensively with it. There is another version, called "Airlink Express," which can be found using Google. It also seems to be very good, but I don't care for the muddy waterfall display. This is software that deserves vocal support.

KD6SWA Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2010 11:19 Send this review to a friend
Works Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am using Digipan with a RigBlaster Plug-n-Play and an Icom IC706MKiiG. Digipan is easy to understand and works flawlessly. Best part is it is free! For those of you who experience program lockups.....you might have ground loop problems and RF is getting into your computer.

N5VJA Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2009 02:10 Send this review to a friend
The Top Digital Dog for PSK  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After trying every program I could get my hands on I settled on DigiPan. It really has everything I need and more. I wish there were more modes supported, but for PSK this software ROCKS!

G6XCJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2008 08:19 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have been using digipan 2.0 for sometime now with a G3LIV interface. Preference is for PSK63.
BUT yes its there again! I locks the TS-2000 solid and i have to fiddle for hours, go to bed, then when i come back it works again:)

VA3DUX Rating: 4/5 Oct 30, 2008 08:03 Send this review to a friend
Lockup  Time owned: more than 12 months
A good program for sure,but!I could never stop the program from locking up, always in the middle of conversation, tried it on three computers all three did the same thing.
I posted for info but never did cure the problem.

K3PRN Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2008 06:21 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Program to Enter the World of PSK31  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used Digipan Ver. 2.0 for three years now and it is a great performer with a very short learning curve plus it's free. The program will perform very well on a multude of Windows operating systems and virtually every tranceiver. I have used it with both Windows 2000 and Windows XP and the Kenwood TS-570Sg and Yaesu FT-1000MP Mark-V Field tranceivers. Please review your transceivers manual for any special digital mode instructions, purchase or build an interface, and download Ernie Mills,WM2U, tutorial on setting up Digipan. His website is http://www.qsl.net/wm2u/digipan20.html. Ernie covers everything you need to know to set up the program and send out a clean, strong PSK31 signal with your rig and computer. Thank you Ernie for this fine set of Digipan instructions.The limitations of Digipan Ver 2.0 is that it doesn't do many of the popular digital modes and the program will no longer be updated. I feel it is a great program to use to get your feet wet in the digital communications worls.

K4WU Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2008 08:42 Send this review to a friend
Digipan is simple to use and it works great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My motto is "Keep it simple stupid". So, I really like Digipan. I use it with an FT-897, FT-857, with the Tigertronics SignaLink USB and it works great. This program is very easy to set up and will get you on the air using PSK31 quickly.